Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 18 Ch. 103 - Our Lord Lies in Slumber

Contributor
So if I got this straight, Hiryuu's descendants became the Fire Tribe, Guen's tribe became the Earth Tribe, Shuten's became the Wind Tribe, Abi's became the Water Tribe, and Zeno's became the Sky Tribe, right?

Dex-chan lover
This really showcases how terrifying true immortality can be. It's no secret that living forever would probably suck, and tons of different pieces of fiction cover it, but I think this one might be the best interpretation of it.

Fed-Kun's army
@sukaley Kind of a late reply but I believe the sky tribe was one of the lands the King Hiryuu conquered and wasn't one of the original clans created by the dragons. Zeno said that the tribe he originated from has long since died out and he never settled down within a single tribe. Most of the dragon clans became detached frim the original clans in general.

Something to keep in mind its been thousands of years since Kouka was founded so its amazing the dragons clans survived as they are now even if they are diminished.

If I remember correctly, they said the tribes were originally founded by the first generation tribes, like you would found a village, colony, or army, but they were not their descendents.

The hidden villages were the powers manifest, were their decedents separate from the tribes. They alone shared a blood connection.

Aaahh hell this hurts so much. Thinking that zeno had to feel every single one of them die while he remained. I can't even begin to imagine. This is just a manga but omg it hits so differently

ive been following akatsuki no yona for over a year and zenos backstory NEVER FAILS TO GET ME

Dex-chan lover
rereading Zeno's backstory hurts me so much, it's just so sad to realise he's gone thousands of years watching his comrades' descendants die whilst he cant ever feel the relief of finally dying :(

Fed-Kun's army
It’s a terrible day for rain… 😭 must have been so painful for zeno to live like that

Users who are viewing this thread