Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 196 - The Pain That Was Inflicted, on Those Who Inflicted It

that sure is one psychopathic 9 year old...

anyways i still don't trust anybodys testimony at this stage so lets see what's in store! technically we haven't seen or heard who killed actually kashi & yuhon from a third person perspective

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. I do have doubts about Yuhon killing Kashi, though that is not even the least of his sins.

Now Suwon pay his sins with his own life. What a stupid way you are kiddo. And now, the country will be returned to it's rightful owner. The crimson king! By the way Suwon, your father was the precursor to all of this anyway. Il did what is right.

I guess the point is people with different principles and religions can't be together and all must be united so people can share affection righteously.

@ingra Suwon die in the end. I believe killed by Kieshuk

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I like how yong-hi is potrayed. She sees and observes everything and her judgment is still moral despite the chaos around her.

I had so many question especially Suwon and what did Yuhon put on Suwon head to make him thought to judge his uncle suited to be king or die on his hand like that 🙁

I stand by the point I made last chapter. Yu-Hon impulsively takes action how he sees fit, disregarding any notion that his actions might affect other aspects in the world around him. In this regard, Soo-Won is so much like his father that he deludes himself into believing that killing Il, King of Kouka, is not equivalent to killing Il, Yona's father. The one thing Soo-Won has going for him that Yu-Hon greatly lacks is that he dully recognizes that he thinks this way, thus showing at least a semblance of self reflection.

Yu-Hon on the other hand just murders enemies in war and then if you tell him that he should not have been so cruel he looks at you incredulously and asks "Are you a fucking dumbass???".

@stannct While we have not seen any of Kashi's last moments through an 'eyewitness' we have seen Yu-Hon's last moments through an eyewitness, as well as verbal confirmation of a stab wound in his back (presumably made by Il). While I will say it is possible this is a case of a "faulty eyewitness report", I will also say that with how much Il opposed a marriage between Yona and Soo-Won that he sees Soo-Won (and possibly in the past Yu-Hon) taking the throne as a problem.

Group Leader
Neither of the brothers would have made good kings but, Yu-hon is to impulse and uncaring, he's not trust worthy. I think if Yu-hon wasn't so impulsive to kill kashi and the priest and instead built trust with his brother the could have made great co-rulers.

Also, not sure if I can fully buy the story since Keishuk is trash but we'll see. Also, I find Yu-hon disgusting with how he kills so impulsively even committing terrible war crimes.

Soo won is literally my favorite character. I am so fascinated with him. I love another layer to his character - why he acts like he does, and how tough he has always been and why.

He's... probably the "shield" too.

I appreciate the chapters but the comments ruined my immersion. I usually don't mind them but here they just rub me the wrong way because they are defining a complicated story in a biased way.

Oh well. I'll just avoid this scan group from now on. Have fun everyone.

The fact that Yu Hon started all of these, and yet they all believed he was in the right. It was no secret that he did a fire nation on the priests, but the people be like "All hail Fire Lord Yu Hon"
I still believe that Yu Hon accidentally killed Kashi because he wanted to know if there was a cure for his wife's disease.

A sociopathic 9 year old genius. Really? We're going that route?

Also, wouldn't all this being known by his inner circle have caused huge issues with his little rebellion? When so much of it is based off "Lord Il was a delusional religious fanatic" and then "Oh shit, he was right. Yona really is his reincarnation and has gathered the four dragons." Wouldn't it be in a bit more disarray considering the biggest reasons for it ended up being wrong? When it was shown Lord Yuhon really was a murdering psychopath who killed people for nothing more than telling the truth make them go "Oh, shit, maybe we shouldn't be doing this"?

This past year has kinda killed my hope for this being a competent and enjoyable fantasy manga. One of these days I'll find one.

Oh who am I kidding, even the Manga Industry itself doesn't take itself seriously enough for that.

No one’s looking close enough. Yuhon’s lie was him knowing if Kashi was a priestess. Il jumped to the conclusion that Yuhon killed Kashi on his own. Does no one realize the whole purpose of being shown this backstory? For nearly two hundred chapters, we’ve thought Yuhon had killed Kashi since day one. Before this, all we’ve known of Yuhon was that he was respected by the people of Kouka, but a cold blooded killer to all. The whole point of this backstory was that he isn’t a killer for no reason.

Yuhon killed the priests because they found out Yonhi’s secret lineage, a secret he promised to keep. He’s hated the priests long before meeting Yonhi, as they stood higher than the power of an emperor, as well as people relying on the will of gods. Il was the prefect example of how one relied on the gods too much. Il fully knew about Yuhon’s stance on religion, yet dared to accuse Yuhon of keeping Yonhi’s Hiryuu blood to himself. You guys aren’t understanding that Il intentionally sat back and let Kouka fall into ruin because Yona was Hiryuu. He intentionally let Kouka suffer for ten years because he was relying on the dragons, the gods, to protect Kouka instead. Yuhon’s speech before his death was true, that if Il refused to rule as a rightious emperor and rely on the gods, Kouka will suffer.

As well as Kashi’s death, I don’t think Yuhon killed her. We know Yuhon’s character. Unlike before, we’ve seen him and know who he is and his morales. He kills, but usually for a bigger reason. And WHEN he kills, he doesn’t hide the fact he had spilt blood. Why would Yuhon, who has been known to kill thousands including women and children, hide the fact he killed one woman under the guise of bandits? It makes no sense. Remember, he lied about knowing that Kashi was a priestess, and confirmed that the escape of one priestess was of no significance. Yuhon vowed he would not meddle in Il’s happiness anymore, which was most likely another fact as to why he would not kill Kashi. He knows Kashi is Il’s wife, and that she made Il happy. He has no motive to kill her, and hide her death behind bandits. It’s out of character.

For nearly two hundred chapters, we’ve believed Yuhon had killed Kashi.

And Kusanagi-Sensei knows this.

The format of events—Yuhon being told Kashi was a priestess, and then she suddenly dies? It’s too convenient, and too easy. It’s a red herring, a misdirect. If anything, I believe the most probable suspect is Hyuri, Soowon’s guard and sword instructor. We’ve seen him approximately two or so times throughout the whole manga. Chapter one when he attempted to attack Yona. Right before the flashback arc in Chapter 188, we formally meet him. Yona had noted how terrifying and bloodthirsty he was, how it seemed like he wouldn’t hesitate to kill someone. There’s no reason for Kusanagi-Sensei to name him, and we know of her track record of named side characters having relevance to the story. She wouldn’t have brought Hyuri up if he wasn’t important.

This is why I believe Kashi’s killer isn’t Yuhon, but Hyuri.

Kusanagi-Sensei knows we’ve suspected Yuhon since day one. How crazy would it be if she used our prejudices of him against us?

Both are in the wrong, thus their deaths were to be expected. Yu-Hon murdered the priests, in a fit of rage; we later discover the priests had good intentions. Whether or not Yongi-hi told him, although in my personal opinion she should've reprimanded Yu-hon for doing so, his actions were impulsive and doubtingly the instigation for all the chaos. King il, religion obsessed married Kashi (in my opinion) because of her priest-related past and prediction of Yona- the reincarnation of the King of Kouka. An eye of an eye; Yu-Hon's idiocy and grudge towards King Kouka- blames his wife's life threatening condition on him brought his impulsive actions back. Murdering Kashi took a toll on Yong-hi, despite that Yu-Hon believes his actions were righteous; whether or not you agree depends on your beliefs (a great writing move from the author/mangaka). Back to revenge, King il kills Yu-Hon as revenge, (just something I noticed) but it seemed quite hypocritical that he preached Yu-Hon had no right to serve judgement as he himself does so. Speed to Su-won, the real question comes. Does this make Suwons actions righteous? and the answer is no. Suwon carried the same trait of impulsiveness despite how they make his 9 yo self to be; killing King il and claiming his daughters life is separate to King ils. Well thats my take on the situation, Yu-Hon had it coming and so did ANYBODY who partook in revenge. Yona is different however, we see her express her dislike towards revenge, and how there is no point. Great writing by the author, makes you really think.

I've built up my hatred for Soo-won for nearly 200 chapters, these last few chapters won't make me disregard all of that.

But damn it, I really don't know what to make of all this. Do I think Il stabbed his brother? Yeah, I don't think that Suk guy would lie about it, somehow. Was for Yuhon's real motivations, or if he really did kill Kashi, that I'm not sure of.

Edit: But again, I really REALLY want to see what Yona's reaction will be after this. I imagine she's going to have some amazing revelation that none of us see and do something totally unexpected.

Oh thank god, it is finally revealed that Soo won is a psychopath. Oh and please don't try to reflect it like he is someone who has so many layers and deep personality, he is a delusional and two faced person and has no emphaty. Worse yet, he is a bad ruler and is driving the country into meaningless wars.

@sakura_fai 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 you are so right

They're both shitty brothers and their constant juggling around has ultimately left the kingdom in ruin. As each chapter passes Soo-won becomes an even more interesting character and do not confuse that with me forgiving his past actions jfc. There's so much to unpack from this flashback arc but at the same time I feel like there's much lacking in depth.

I feel for Yonhi, having to love two monsters. Yuhon just acts without reason(paranoia) and SooWun is delusional from early age, because he had a bad role model, a.k.a his father. They both hurt Yonhi thru they action and didn't care at all. I hope SooWun dies horribly.

Users who are viewing this thread