Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 196 - The Pain That Was Inflicted, on Those Who Inflicted It

@vessalius yeah this is likely the only flashback we'll get of yuhon's death (from an eyewitness) but i said what i said simply because i do not vibe with kei-shuk LOLOL

@HikariGo
The entire flashback arc is about the cycle of vengeance and everybody being justified to some extent for their actions, flowing from Yu-Hon->Il->Soo-Won->Hak

That is why it was so significant when Yona rejected this idea of revenge in the manga, realising that it wouldn't be for the good of the country.
also i really love this analysis!

Dex-chan lover
This is perfect, now I wouldn't care less if he dies cause of illness.

He could have stopped the chain of hatred but didn't want to... Yona will do

I have no idea what the author is trying to do with Soo-won anymore... other than the whole 'cycle of vengeance' theme i feel like there's been a lot of backtracking and trying to make him more sympathetic or something, with the whole terminal illness and insinuating that he and his father would have been better rulers than Il. Which I completely don't comprehend, because Yu-Hon just murdered an entire temple full of innocent priests and orphaned children so that... his wife wouldn't get upset? Yes, King Il had his flaws, but I really don't think Yu-Hon was much better, and he despised religion just as much, if not more, than Il was obsessed with it.

I just don't know anymore, it feels like either the author is pulling an unOrdinary and backtracking, or they just set up these characters very poorly at the start so their characterization now gets muddled and confusing.

@Mintgirly i think it's not that pure lol, one of them was obsessed with King Hiryu and one of them was obsessed with hating King Hiryu, Yuhon murdered the temple full of priests and children even his wife realize that he is a monster, but i think King Ill is slightly better because he didn't trigger anything, unlike this Yuhon that always been a murderer.

Dex-chan lover
I cant stop feeling bad about Yon Hi :(
She has incurable sickness, her blood didnt give birth to red dragon, his mother suicide, kashi dead, yu hon dead. If she didnt have soowon maybe she might gone crazy and kill herself..

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for this quick update! I wonder if there’s more to this diary. I hope not. Lol. I honestly want the story to return to Yona seeing Hak, Yoon, and the dragons again. I wonder what she will say to Soo-won when she sees him again.
As a nine year old boy, instead of mourning his father, he is freakishly calm, but he must be in turmoil on the inside when his mom saw him thinking by himself while holding a candle.

If Lord Yu-hon really didn't kill Kashi, then who did? The aurthor is alot smarter that we thought, but the thought of some other mastermind puppeteer behind all this kinda makes it worse... Also, I don't know why, but I just can't trust that Keisook guy....he was the one with them and saw everything, but what if he did it? Cuz he's obsessed with Soo-won or something?

Aggregator gang
I'm disappointed with how the author portrays suwon. He's just a psychopath, being completely alone, having to bear all the responsabilities and severed all his emotions...
I really enjoyed his complex character before, but now he seems like a machine, destroyed by revenge, murder and all the hate that fuc*** royal family brought.
So in the end, did yuhon kill Kashi or not??

soo won previously said that he cant prioritize one person in order to rule a country, but isn't that exactly what he's doing right now? it seems to me that in the end it's just a plot of revenge for his father.

Users who are viewing this thread