Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 197 - Messy Handwriting

thank u for the upload!

man im excited for the next chapter!! i'm assuming now we're finally going to go back to the present story?

I really feel like there's so much to this story... everyone has their reasons, there is no true villain here. It's like an actual real life story, everyone has a life to them and their own reasons, like they have a mind of their own. This isn't just a manga to me. I love this series so much its heart-wrenching

After reading the chapter for the second time, I think I have a better understanding on Il.

OMG SO IL KNEW THE ENTIRE TIME THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE OVERTHROWN AND MURDERED OMG

God, I cried so much. Il was in so much pain. He just went through the motions resigned to his fate.

....i cried. he knew. he knew from the start.... it all makes sense now.

ahhhhh, i'm so grateful for hak. honestly.

Dex-chan lover
This is written better than I expected. I wish I could be Ao right now, trying to comfort each and everybody.

Well, he still let the country go to shit, so he might be a good father (and the bar is abysmally low, I know), but he was a pretty garbage king.

Fed-Kun's army
Now all people that were saying Il was an horrible person suddenly stopped. I have to say though that it's easy for me to say this since i don't have to wait for the next chapter, so people qould have of course doubts.
What angers me a little bit is how there were many comments describing Il as a madman fanatic. He was not a fanatic, he was a devout person. After killing his brother for revenge he was in atonement till his death and didn't even try to defend himself when Soo-Woon came before him.
I reckon that's a bias people have on religious people, quite frankly the truly ignorant/blind are those who think others are ignorant/blind.
Il was the lesser "evil". Under his reign the country stagnated but people didn't die meaningless deaths.
It's like that story from ancient Greece where there were frogs who had a lazy king. They were in peace but the other frogs didn't like much the lazy frog, so they asked Zeus for a new king and the god of Olympus, as devious as he was, gave the frogs a snake king who slaughtered them. This story was meant to explain how a peaceful yet incapable king is better than an active king but malicious in nature preferable. Or something alomg those lines, i'm using my memory here.

Sorry for the long comment! This series is really good!

Users who are viewing this thread