Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 197 - Unsteady Handwriting

Dex-chan lover
Il's character just did a complete 180° for me.

Holy fuck that was heavy

Double-page supporter
huge chapter, so much more respect for king il now, after he's been portrayed negatively the whole series.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, it’s almost like everyone involved in this are human and flawed.

Dex-chan lover
Wait hold on so soo-wons dad did kill kashi and then the il did kill his brother in retaliation?? So wins mom tho. So sad. She blamed herself her entire life
Many thanks

But with everyone (not counting his retainers) going 'it must not be him [soo-won]. You think he feels the same way about himself?? That he doesn't deserve it? O3o

God, this was so heavy

Il really was a gentle person. Yu-hon may have been a great warrior and strategist, but even if you go and win the war, the battle still has victims on both sides. Il understood this and he didn’t want to have even more blood in his hands, so he refused the go to war to save his people.

Of course he was not the best king, he never prepared to be a king and it showed in his domestic policy. But that man knew that everyone was plotting behind his hand and went on to work everyday like that.

He knew and still stuck to his resolve of not wanting a bloodshed. He just cared about protecting Yona as he could...

I have so much respect for him right now

Wow I am speechless what a heavy chapter, thanks so much for the translation, record time I really for the first time since reading this manga just like il was not so bad and he really did have reasons behind all his actions, I just wonder why he didn't try a little harder considering himself a placeholder, but the whole kingdom is in your hands geeze dude still he could have at least attempted to try to help the people a little, but I reckon he knew he sucked as a king, but wow.

MD@Home
This letter puts Il in an interesting light. It's good to know that he harbored no ill will towards Soo-won at that point, but his decision to leave everything to the prophecy and quietly await his demise is not something I can agree with. Inaction characterized his reign, and apparently not just in matters of the state.
Was he, despite being the king, truly incapable of dismantling the conspiracy against him, one that he even knew was underway? It's not just about the threat to his life, it's about the pain it will inflict on his daughter, or even on Soo-won himself, with half the boy's life being dedicated to the pursuit of revenge. He could have done something, I feel, but was simply too broken by past events to find the will for it.

Damn while the backstory was a lot, it was needed. A lot of things make more sense now and I’m excited to read what the next chapters will bring.

Thanks translation team for the good chapters as always <3

I din't know if I would want soo-won/suwon to know this. It would be nice if he realizes what actually happened, but I'm afraid it might break him.

Power Uploader
@Ashleyneal He was too harsh on himself. He called himself a coward, when Hak says the only reason he followed him was because he had realised Il was far from being a coward.

Considering that until the beginning of a modern age, the reigns of kings were chronicled by their wars, keeping Kouka in peace for ten years is a greater achievement than Il thinks.

Il’s gentle yet resolved to the end. I respect that. He still showed he cared for Yona by having Hak be by her side since he knew So Woon will leave her. This was a great chapter. I feel bad for So Woon’s mum though

Now I see why Il didn’t like it/ got angry when Yona showed that secret sacred crimson-dragon (holy) room to soo-won. There’s supposed to be that sacred room, that Il only showed to Yona, but was supposed to be a secret, but Yona brought soo-won anyways!
She thought it was a place that gives off peace vibes (to her), so it was a really cool place, and that childish, oblivious Yona bought Soo-won there. She shouldn’t have, and now I know why!
Although I still do not understand, why does Soo-won want to kill Yona (starting) now?
I mean, why now? When he hears from “the 4 dragons” that Yona is “Crimson King”, he said she had to die... why? I don’t get it(?) he didn’t wanted to kill her before, what does her being the reincarnation of “Crimson King” change? Is it because he wants the “crimson illness” to die with him & never reoccur? I don’t get it!
Though I wonder, how will he get about it, and what’s Yona’s plan

Dex-chan lover
Phew, what a ride... This whole backstory arc was heavy, but so good once you got through it. Poor Yona, that was a lot to take in, but at least now she truly knows her father tried his best, and loved her dearly. </3

@ArpanaR i don't think he has said explicitly that yona needs to be killed. he just said that no one needs the crimson king, probably why they're all being locked up in the castle right now

Users who are viewing this thread