Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 197 - Unsteady Handwriting

jak

Contributor
YuHon's group are the literal bad guys and Soo Won's reasoning for killing Il is not good anymore. He is the villain. Though I'm sure he will get away with it and be forgiven.

Lux

Power Uploader
I figured Il knew all along he wasn't suited to be king either, just as he knew Yu-Hon had to be stopped.

What is left to reveal now is Soo-Won's own perspective of this story, what it is exactly that motivates him to push forward with his military campaigns? Is it that he believes his father has been wronged by Il and wishes to make him "justice" by realizing his dream?

This arc really illustrates that neither Il nor his brother was really a good fit to be king, They both had such deep flaws and I LOVE IT because OF COURSE they did, they're human. Just really excellent character writing

Fed-Kun's army
@Kzee Given that the chapter title is "Unsteady Handwriting", I thought the font was a good way to show Yon-hi's struggle to write legibly.

Goddamnit. I love this story. Even the translators address the characters with respect, "madam". The writing, character development, foreshadowing, and full disclosure of the purpose behind the actions taken before..... When I first binged the anime in my basement at 2AM on the lowest volume to avoid waking anyone I have loved this story. The next day I searched like crazy to find the manga and binged it as soon as I found it. It was the first manga I read and it remains one of my all time favorites. It is an unbelievable shame that people take the genre or first couple chapters and immediately dismiss it a plain shoujo reverse harem. Everything about this story deserves more recognition.

Yeah, we cancel SooWon in this house! (For now, we'll see his POV and character arc and then decide further) but yeah he's cancelled

Welp there you have it boys. Soowon and Yuhon were bitches lol. No but really, I guess this all stemmed from misunderstandings and differences in opinions. The only victims were Yona, Kashi, and Yonhi I guess. As Yuhon, Il, and Soowon made conscious decisions to kill and betray for their own sake. Its good to know that Il did in fact love Kashi and Yona as their own, regardless of the crimson dragon reincarnation or Kashi's vision. He just never expressed himself in the best way to Kashi then. And Yuhon and Yonhi misunderstood everything from his side. Sad really. But we at least got Yona and Hak out of this. The true otp.

Totally speechless...this is probably one of the only manga to make me just sit back and go "....whoah....."

Man if only the anime continue for season 2. I heard it was suppose to be but for unforeseen circumstance it got cancelled

Group Leader
OMG guy's who decided now of all times would be a good time to start cutting onions. Like seriously.😢

Who's cutting the onions? No seriously though, there's a lot of emotions running in this chapter, and I think the author wrapped up a few questions well. Can't wait for the next one! (Il knowing that Hak will stay by Yona's side and love her as long as he lives, my heart ;-;)

Fed-Kun's army
God. This arc. There was a lot of *heated* dissatisfaction and arguing in the comments throughout it, but I think by now it has spoken for itself. Everyone involved made mistakes, and tragedy followed. That they were biased, that they were flawed, or that they were strong, didn't protect them from the consequences of their actions, or the lack thereof. It just shows that in the end they were... very human. But they also mourned their errors because they were human, and they hoped for reconciliation, if not for themselves, for the ones to follow after them, for the same reasons.

Aggregator gang
I know I'm alone on this, but I hope this chapter means that the end of this story is coming soon. It's not that I hate the series, because I really LOVE it, but I think if the mangaka/publishers try to milk it for any longer, it'll take away some importance away from this arc. I also don't want to lose interest in this story because it keeps dragging on, like I did with Skip Beat. 😥

*cutting onions* What? you guys wanted tacos, I need to cut the onions for the taco meat

In all seriousness though...bruh mah heart

Users who are viewing this thread