Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 203 - Delusion of Being Robbed

..... Shouldn't descendents just stop their lineage if they are all suffering like this?
Like adopt a kid or somthing and die in peace so no one else will suffer as much as you did.
........yeah that's a bit dark...

But I kind of feel sad that Hak is in the dark about all of this.. he doesnt even know yet that Soowon is a descendant of the Hiryuu king nor about the new girl. All the other main characters know. I know it made sense plot-wise to not let him get into the palace but still... And I wonder who will tell him all this. Doesn't seem like it will be Yona.

Title says it all: Bish has the delusion that she’s been robbed by something/or rather people that never really belonged to her.

Dex-chan lover
Soo-won is such a nice guy. If only he didn't murder Yona's father he would have been perfect.

Thank you, Evil Twin, for re-uploading and correcting! Mistakes happen, good on you for owning it and correcting it!

Mei-Nyan is amazing, here's why: She's a fabulous dark foil for Soo-Won.

I'll start by digging into her: Mei-Nyan is jealous, vindictive, entitled, and, under it all, clearly afraid. She believes she has a right to the dragons' power as a descendant of Hiryuu. Remember, Yon-Hi was upset to discover that Yona was Hiryuu reincarnated because it took meaning away from the suffering of herself and her family. Mei-Nyan has the same feelings and she wants to correct it. Not only that, she is angry, she wants to take *everything* she can away from Yona, hence the reference to the Thunder Beast (Hak's just a prize to her, same as the dragons).

She's also clearly scared of the Crimson Illness. She's watched two family members succumb. There's an edge of fear to the expressions Kusanagi drew, that's fed into her willingness to take this risk and try to hatch a plot with SW. She's not stupid. It really would have made sense for SW to share these feelings. But SW just...doesn't.

SW could have been jealous of Yona. After all, that was Yu-Hon's first reaction to finding out that Il would be king instead of him. Yona took SW's place as heir. SW could have been vindictive or entitled, but he waited for a decade and decided that it was in the best interests of the country to kill Il, as well as satisfying his own wish for revenge. But those feelings were not his motivations. And he could have spent his life dominated by fear of the illness coming for him. But nothing he's done has been motivated by fear.

Not convinced yet? There're even closer ways they mirror each other: Mei-Nyan wants to take everything away from Yona. That is *exactly* what SW did. The dragons are Yona's home, and Mei-Nyan wants to take them away just like SW once took away Yona's home. There's even a mirroring with the Thunder Beast business: remember waaaay back in like the teens, SW insisting to Hak, "but I want Hak!"?

It's a great reminder that SW really is a weirdo, and wonderfully so. He doesn't really fit into *any* of the tropes, doesn't act like most people. Sometimes that's terrible, but sometimes it's wonderful.

Last note about Mei-Nyan: she's also an awesome character because she's familiar to anyone who's read about royal mistresses. She's an intelligent and ambitious woman, at a time when being born a) a woman b) not noble (presumably) severely limited her options. Her main tool to accessing power is clearly her body, hence the way she acts towards SW immediately and Joo-Doh and KS's determination to ward her off. At that time, becoming a mistress or a king's friend (hiya, Hak), a "royal favorite," was one of the best ways for common people to access real power. The restraint she still suffers from highlights the limits of that power.

I really hope they make this lady the next big bad rather than a low-grade antagonist since the manga has been pretty slow for the past little while. Apparently she used to be a general and she has the (delusional) dream of possessing the dragons and Hak, so the upcoming arc should be super exciting!!

Thank you so much for your releases, wow this chapter got serious quick new girl is a psycho oh boy here we go again!!! I guess yona is just fine with hak sitting In a cell, I was hoping we would at least the dialogue between her and the dragons and what happened to hak, oh well maybe next time.

Soo Won just slapped his distant relative without actually slapping her lol.

@sarucane love your analysis yes! Soo Won neither pure evil or a saint. Just a plain weirdo of a character, and a flawed human in the end. An anti hero in a way since yeah he had intentions for revenge but he also saw the people suffering under Il's shitty rule and did something. He thought things out for years starting at age 8? A truly strange kid. Matured way too quickly, but its probably why he still keeps some childish tendencies with his past alter ego.

It seems like the two distant cousins might end up killing each other. I don't want Yona, Hak or the dragons to kill them at all since from a certain stand point it will just justify their hatred towards Hiryuu even though no body could have predicted his descendants would be cursed like this.

Hell, everyone Hiryuu met has gotten the short end of the stick since he passed. His dragon siblings, the four 'dragons' made to protect him, the believers, his descendants, the people of his kingdom...

I'm starting to feel Yona was born so he could correct these things, but since we haven't seen him and Yona communicating at all and only the priest who Yoon was with may know the answer.

LOL, okay well that's your only redeemable moment Soo-Won, take it and go

Users who are viewing this thread