Akatsuki no Yona

Is there any chance the extra chapters will be translated? I’ve seen two that are apparently in a different magazine

Zeno definitely has suspicious of what is to come. Ogi's eyes are the same as those people in the past who tricked the dragons...

Geez, by the time they get around to translating the chapter due on the 4th it’ll be time for the one that comes out on the 20th. It’s ironic the name of the translator is “impatient scans” bc they suck so much at getting these done on time. I own every volume of this published so far, so I wouldn’t complain if the books were anywhere near up to date, but they’re not, the latest book has the arc about the slaves building the forts, and that one just came out. Annoying that it takes this long to scan a few pages (and then take forever to get through the next cliffhanger).

Power Uploader
@MazzieB811 : actually, the next chapter is due only on November 5th, there won't be one on October 20. So while they took a little longer than usual, they are caught up.

Still, given that they sniped Yona from Five Twenty Five Cans due to their taking too long to scanlate it, it does seem their name is an exercise in irony. But they produce polished releases and there's no reason to dis their work. True, AnY is quite easy to scanlate, but it's clear to me that they are having to juggle real life and their hobby right now. Give them a break. Any scanlator knows that even an easy series can take long if there's a glut in the scanlation pipeline: heck, our Suicide Island is even easier than AnY. (Then again, we don't make a claim to being "impatient".)

You can always allay your thirst for the next chapter by reading the script in Panda Flavoured Cookies and looking up Korean Scans in Wasabi Syrup.

@kendama it’s unusual for them to skip the 20th 2 months in a row. Since they usually have one on the 20th every other month, it made sense they would have one on October 20th. Either way, doesn’t matter—it was still really late. I’m not irritated so much about the lateness, what I’m annoyed about is that Impatient Scans doesn’t tell you anything useful about updates, so when I ask (after its already 3 weeks past the time they post) they just said “we’re having trouble with our raws, so maybe one day...”. That’s a little frustrating. What I don’t get is why ppl’s expectations drop so dramatically when it’s “free”. If a friend offers to come clean your house for you once a month but they have the tendency to be 2 weeks late, you’re GOING to get annoyed, doesn’t matter if you’re paying them or not. Why? Bc it feels disrespectful. But if they call first and tell you what’s up, it doesn’t feel as bad, which was my point. A simple update once you, as a company, have set an expectation amongst your users is a fair thing to ask for, whether you’re getting paid or not. And if you don’t have time to do it, don’t set the expectation, plain and simple. No one likes it when someone over-extends themselves. Like I said, I wouldn’t even mind that if I didn’t have them blowing me off and treating me like it’s too much to even ask about it. It takes 2 seconds to post an update on their FB site which would stop a LOT of questions about when things will be posted—that’s better for everyone, that way they aren’t being asked and I’m not checking every day. See? Just common courtesy, which is fair.

But thanks @kendama for the info about Panda Cookies, I didn’t know about that one. I usually don’t get too bent out of shape about it, but last chapter was a serous cliff hanger, it seems they only post really late when that happens, LOL. Also, you have to realize that I asked what was up and wasn’t told about any holdup in “the pipeline”, so when you get blown off that way, it makes something I’d normally be understanding about annoying. Of course I get that life happens, but you still have to treat users with respect, there seems to be quite a bit of competition in the scanlator field, so I don’t get why they wouldn’t, but that’s just me I guess.

I know we haven’t seen Lili in awhile but I was reading the latest volume I just got in the mail and she’s all over it—that girl just annoys me bc she’s all like “I can’t tell if Soo-won is really a bad guy or not...”, LOL. Well, I guess when he didn’t murder YOUR dad right in front of you it might make you hesitate on the judgement a little, sheesh. I mean, seriously, he would cut her throat in a second and she’s all like “but I think he and Yona should really understand each other a little more”. What??!

@Impatient Scans:

Thank you so much for the chapter!

And also: Thank you so much for years of scanlating, for free, for those of us who are... impatient and can't read the originals.

Most of us understand that life gets in the way of hobbies. Family, paying work, unforeseen difficulties. Most of us understand that you're doing this as a hobby, for free, to share manga with the rest of the community.

Most of us understand that you are not, in fact, "a company", and that we are not, in fact, "your customers", because that requires a financial interaction. We also understand that while we love your work, we are not your friends, except in an internet sense of the word, because that would require personal interaction of some kind. We are definitely not your boss or your family.

You therefore owe us nothing. You freely give us Yona - and other manga - when time permits, and we're incredibly grateful for it.

Lux

Power Uploader
Doesnt't the description spoil the first chapter a bit?

Lux

Power Uploader
@Lorska
how did you... come to think of that description being the same of a synopsis... lol, a synopsis is supposed to reveal summarily but thoroughly the entire content.

We come in this site to read manga, not to read reviews of manga, so that description that appears right in front of our eyes after we click the title should be more like the text in the back of a book cover, maybe less abstract and more factual than a back cover but certainly not a full blown reveal train like you're proposing.

Of course you can't avoid spoilering vaguely at least a little, like Yona being a princess who lost her status and is on the run, but you can avoid revealing the most interesting and impactful twists, like
Soo-Won murdering the king
, since, i repeat myself, we come here to read manga and that description appears as soon we click the title.
That's just common sense...

Power Uploader
You know, one thing I dislike about this series is how everyone, including the girl herself, from time to time says something like "How could we tell a 16-year-old girl to govern the country?" or "What would I even do after killing Soo-won?", or even "Of course I can't seat myself on the throne."

Soo-won is just 18, you know that? Louis XIII "seated himself on the throne" when he was only 16 (Yona's age, incidentally), and that was late, he'd been of age since he had become 13.

Why does everyone rush to the conclusion that just because she's young, she'd be unable to rule the country as well, to say nothing of better, than Soo-won? That might have been true before she started living the rough life, but by now she's had much more experience of this world than Soo-won, whose only specialties seem to be court intrigues and warmongering.

Compare that to Arslan. I haven't read the original, but Arakawa's version is good enough. He's 14 and everyone around him has no qualms about his becoming the next Shah if he manages to pacify the country. He's inexperienced, but everyone agrees that a good ruler needs the best advisors (which Yona is sure to have) and wisdom to make decisions based on rational, sound judgement (which she has heaps of).

I know the author needs a reason to keep her away from Kuuto. She probably wants to make it so Yona decides to seize the throne out of necessity. She probably wants to first turn Soo-won into a villain (as if he weren't from the beginning) before she has Yona take that step. I know this is all a huge plot device to stretch the plot until all pieces are in place.

But she needn't have put these lame excuses on everyone's mouths. When confronted by Kyo-ga on revenge, Yona could have just said, "As long Soo-won doesn't do me or the country harm, I'm content with my current life" (which she kinda did), without voicing such a poor opinion of herself. Soo-won had no more administrative experience than she when he usurped the throne.

@Lux
It's the first chapter. They are not even mentioning the dragons which actually would be a spoiler. What they spoil could literally be a prologue.

Also... You are aware that reviews are designed to give you the ability to make an informed decision before purchasing/consuming right?... So calling the description a review would actually be flattering because that means it contains a lot of information without spoiling/detracting from the experience.

I would say common sense is that complaining about "spoiling" the first chapter to a 150+ chapter series is just complaining for the sake of it.

The only complaint one should have is that the first paragraph is full of pointless information.

Users who are viewing this thread