Akatsuki no Yona

Aggregator gang
the head priest is not that bad, as some of the comments thought like he's some kind of fanatic or extremist. They are just Misunderstood and they all died.

Good job Yu-hon

Tbh, i really have no idea what to feel anymorw with these updates. Like i hate the older brother since he killed innocent people without doing his investigation or sumthing. Then theres yon hi who did nothing but at the same time its not like its entirely her fault. Tho shes also at fault since she was just a coward. A lot of people died coz of that. Specially her mom. And after a few years its like nothing happened. If she didnt saw yona's mom she wouldnt be reminded of it. At the same time she might've just moved on since it already happened. 😑😑😑 i guess ill just stick with getting mad at that couple and their child.

ahhhhhhhhhhh I want to see that last battle animated so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... HAK QAQ
Where is the 2nd and 3rd seasons for this please-------?
Why do crappy manga get animated all the time and this masterpiece was forgotten? Makes me really sad....

Here's hoping Yona will take a stand after learning about everything and not let Soo-Won and his imperialism continue.

King il was a good husband and father he protected his family. He was a good king, he knows how to bow his head to respect the church because he knew how the church has been keepin peace and how noble the people in there. While the older brother was selfish he killed many innocent people even the children. If king il kill suwon father to avenge his wife then he has ever right to do so. Suwon mom was selfish and coward she did not even bother to tell him that it was not what she wanted and it was wrong. Maybe thats the reason why yona (red dragon) was born in king il family.

If Soo-Won was so smart as a young child, do y'all think he was aware at how cruel his father was?

If you think about it, yes the way he gained power was fucking terrible, but Soo-Won is not a bad king (well compared to how his father would have acted as king anyway...). Honestly, if he just shut his mouth and waited a few more years, he would have married Yona and been king.
But his hastiness is just further evidence that he did, in fact, inherit the Crimson Dragon disease. If he dies from that disease, won't it technically mean Yona killed him since she is the reincarnation of the Crimson Dragon? I would love that, it'd be poetic justice.

Anyway, I'm still wondering exactly what Il did to kill his brother (or I guess, cause his death). Wasn't that what Soo-Won said was the reason he killed Il? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I do want to know how Ik-Soo and Kashi survived. I'm guessing Il granted them a safehaven for a number of years. I'd love to know how Il and Kashi got together.

Why so long in between chapters now?? Who can tell me where to go to find that out? It used to be that chapters were released around the fourth of each month, and every other month we got a chapter around the 20th. Now we’re skipping entire months and only getting a single chapter when it’s published at all. This is so messed up, we’re never going to get back to the present at this rate. Right when it finally got good we went back to the past and the chapters publication deceased. I’m so disappointed—been reading this for YEARS and this is the first time I’m actually so pissed I just don’t care anymore.

Banned
Me reading the synopsis.... then realising I've watched the anime, and didn't even recognise the title: O_O
Yeah... is okay, but kinda forgettable, clearly.
Maybe I'll come back and read the manga at some later point... assuming it doesn't have huge gaps or anysuch.

Group Leader
I'm seriously enjoying this manga
They got the action romance comedy and of course the storyline all done quite well

Fuck Yona, I hope she falls off a cliff and dies for real

#Hakdeservesbetter
#freeHak

Holy crap Yona is so unlikable that I'm sooooo close to dropping this series

edit: man none of the characters change at all except like Yona and that happened like near the beginning of the series, I'm at the part where Hak gets blocked from achieving his goal (gonna be vague here) by the other party members to the point that there's a physical conflict but there is ZERO change in the relationship between these people and its like it never happened

and holy crap, the author tries sooooooooo hard to make soo-won sympathetic, yea he's about to start a war but he's just reclaiming former lands and look! even this village wants to rejoin the kingdom, SUCH A GOOD GUY

Edit: oh look, the remains of the kai army is attacking villages now, aren't you glade that soo won kicked their butts? my hero /s

I love yona so much but I’m so mad at her for her wanting to go back. plus she keeps trying to ignore hak and it makes me more mad because I’ve been waiting for that moment for so long. come on yona, just leave with the others

I'm definitely overthinking it but does anybody else feel that there are some weird colonial undertones in this?

the kai empire is definitely fake china while geographically, Kouka is way more like Korea than Japan but yet the main cast is making japanese food like Onigiri and there's a reference to Shinto priests (although it might just be a translation thing)

I'm also only on vol 19 right now but there's no fake Japan analogue in the series either (atleast yet) so hmmmm

andddddd I'm done, fuck this series. Such a waste of goddamn time, 0/10 there are no stakes, any sense of motivation from the characters are bullshit

not even Hak is redeemable, he's basically forgotten that he's supposed to hate the usurper guy (and the story has the nerve to try and tell you that yes, Hak does hate him! but his actions are the complete opposite!) and literally just walks away. the original conflict that barely existed anyways since Yoona is some dumb wishy washy cunt just dies right there

Everytime i reread this, i find it more and more interesting how Kusanagi-sensei develops the characters. As the story progresses all the things that we thought we knew are brought into question. Is there really an evil? Who is right? These questions are constantly running around in my head. What lies at the end of the prophecy?
From a history perspective, Soo-won would not be framed as evil. More likely than not, king Il would be framed as a bad king. However, as we look into the lives of the character, we see that no one is really evil, they make mistakes. But that's what makes these characters feel real. The 4 dragons, their hardships, Yona's hardships, as we see them grow it makes it more and more understandable to side with them, but looking into Soo-won, his father and Lady Yon-hi and everyone else, you can't hate them. Even though you understand why you should.
What is right, what is wrong? Who is right who is wrong? This is one of the questions in this manga that i adore.

The recent chapters made me realize, who's really the evil one? There's still more to uncover, and how the past unravels is connecting why this and that happened, although there are still some pieces that needs to be enlightened... I love how thi story progresses😍 It's not your typical shoujo manga

Users who are viewing this thread