Akatsuki no Yona

Omg does the latest chapter imply that Soowon is Yona's brother? 😯

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I am just going to believe that Yona and Soo Won are reincarnation and desendents of the Dragon King like Eriol and Sakura's dad being reincarnations of Clow Reed

hi guys, do you know how often are raw manga chapters are released? like is it every month etc.? and is it 1 chapter per update?

Power Uploader
@tellmewhy It has an odd periodicity. The magazine is biweekly. This series comes out in two consecutive issues, then skips one. So it's in two-week intervals followed by one-month intervals. Right now, we're in the middle of a one-month interval. The next chapter is due out on the fourth of April in Japan. Then there'll be another chapter around the 20th, and then another one in late May, and so on.

i see some confusion on the newest chapter so here's an explanation
So reincarnation wise, Yona is the reincarnation of king Hiryuu which means her soul is structured as almost an exact copy of his but is not of his bloodline at all. Soo-won is of king hiryuu's bloodline on his mother's side (who has no blood relation to yona since she married into the family). So he is more similar to the dragons in the sense that his most far back descendant is king hiryuu but unlike the dragons, his blood line gained a curse instead of hiryuu's power/abilities. to be honest this was kinda hinted early on given his features looked similar to hiryuu's features from zeno's flashback arc. but yea, so Yona is the reincarnation of Hiryuu but has no blood relation to him and what not. and Soo Won is just from his bloodline/descendant. they are also not revealed as sibblings due to this- they are still cousins. its still a fact they have different mothers and fathers from each other and that their fathers are brothers.
hope this helps a bit!

Oh god, that was a nice catch up. I stopped reading this 3 years ago so I can binge read it in the future. AaaaaaAaa that was a good good read

its been years since the last time i read it, is there any development between yona and hak after he confessed his love for her? its not like idc abt the plot or anything, but i want so see his happiness, his smile, he deserved it after all he's been through.

I love how sensei really gives each character a little backstory rather than just what one person thought of them for example Soo-won's papa, we know him as a war raging tyrant, but now we know another side of him. The progress is quite slow but it's still getting there.
(Same with skip beat which has been going since 2 months before my birth and is finally FINALLY somewhere with the romance.)

I binged read the 190 chapters in one weekend and - it's a delightful, wholesome manga with lols + tears. Imagine if they turned this into an otome game 👀

@Aiyie2freak
you are SO right, but I hope that isn't the case because I don't really ship incest even if it was acceptable within royal bloodlines because yek

HOW DID SHE MAKE THIS HEARTBREAKING AMAZING LOVE STORY IN TWO CHAPTERS????!!!!

Oh my gosh. I love this author’s character development. What a wonderful backstory. Thank you for the translation!

I have a theory about the sword and shield.
It occurs to me that rather than any specific person, the sword and shield refers to the ordinary citizens. Since collecting the four dragons, her travels have all been about her strength, courage, humility, passion and love for the people and how these attributes manage to win the hearts of the population at large. Ik Soo also said it will take time for the Sword and Shield to appear. It takes time for Yona’s deeds to affect the people of Kouka and for her to gain popular support. Already many of her followers will willingly lay down their lives to protect Yona and to support her. For this reason the advisor for Soo-Won now fears Yona and the power she wields.

Can someone tell me which scanlator group to read from? Which one has a better image and translation quality?

Thanks.

CHAPTER 191 THOUGHH WTF. I haven't felt like a squealing preteen in a long time lmao

Users who are viewing this thread