Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/akebi-chans-sailor-uniform/

Boy friggin' howdy this is an amazing manga. Extremely unique style and "storytelling". There's yuri undertones as well, though I'd hesitate to call it outright yuri material. Also it gets better. Like damn, what an exceptional thing.

Dex-chan lover
Great art, great characters. I’m sensing some yuri but it won’t happen sadly.

Double-page supporter
So glad to see another chapter of this posted - thank you so much. It's sweet and charming and soothing, and I've really missed it.

It's gotten to the point that I tracked down the raws for chapter 11 and have been trying to translate them using a multiradical search table and online dictionary (since I know zero kanji). I haven't even finished one page yet though.

Dex-chan lover
The art is great. But maybe, make the blushing layer on the face a bit thinner and it gonna perfect

Group Leader
@ Arlo

I'm close to finishing and releasing chapter 11 of Akebi-chan no Serafuku. It's got a lot of dialogue after the first fifteen pages of animated stuff and translating that is slowing me up. Release should be next week some time after QA/sanity check and visual proofing.

As for kanji (and hiragana/katakana too), I'd recommend a Japanese text OCR package like Real Reader Lite but it's a bit of a pain to set up and use with a steep learning curve.

Double-page supporter
@ Nojay - it's so damned good to see you here. And I'm looking forward to it. And thanks in advance.

Thanks for the heads-up on Real Reader Lite too - I poked around in OCR software a bit, but most of what I saw was for English, so I just went back to the multiradical table. I was sure there was usable software out there somewhere, but wasn't sure how to go about finding it.

It's very slow going using the table, but at least I'm starting to get a feel for stroke order. Though I still don't have the faintest sense of the characters as a whole, much less a meaning - to me, they're still just, "okay, so this one has this little box thing over here and a slash underneath it and this squiggly bit over here and..."

Again, thanks.

Group Leader
@Nojay any plans on working with @Donna/EiShun (or are you already working with them)? Really hate to see work get duplicated, like some other manga I know (*cough* Juliet *cough*).

@Arlo If you have a phone (or at least an Android) there're some handwriting inputs you can use. I personally use Google's JP Handwriting input, and it helps me get kanji writing practice in (though, really, when would anyone write just using their finger?). That plus your wa-ei jisho of choice (probably jisho) will get you through.

Group Leader
@red_bean_casserole

No plans to collaborate, I've PMed them about it and discussed things. I'm not that concerned about duplication of effort -- what I've done is already done, if they do it and get ahead of me then, like I said, what I've done is already done. I'd rather they not start working on that chapter if they're going to get half-way through and I release that chapter and then THEY feel bad, that's all. As I type this I've got three pages to finish chapter 11, I should get through that tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I had a look at my old scanlation work archives a while back and discovered I've been doing this sort of scanlation since 2005. A number of series I was actively working on since then got taken up by others and I just wished them well and moved onto something else. I've got a number of series I'd love to work on if I had the time plus I've been tempted by the idea of translating web novels which seems to be a thing nowadays.

Dex-chan lover
Now i look at the cover, it doesn't really look like Akebi. I mean it look a bit older, seem more mature.
Do we have some quick timeskips or something next vol

Double-page supporter
Ah... my soul is soothed. Thanks so much Nojay.

Contributor
I generally recommend Kanjitomo as an OCR, but if your issue is that it's English, then I dunno. It gives multiple potential readings and a translation, as well as giving you the kanji in text form so you can copy it over somewhere else if needed.

It's incredibly straightforward and useful.

Users who are viewing this thread