Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2 - Visitor (2)

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why ppl get so hang up about Aramiel becoming his love interest. Guess because the premise of this is wholesomeness. However I don't see anything wrong with the ship as he's already acting like a dad and she's more of a mum in her role rather than sister even if the kids call her sister.

I think they will be cute together.. I ship them. Feel free to pounce on me for this.
I mean, the manga doesn't say it, but she's 12...(her age will probably still be mentioned in something that will happen soon)

Dex-chan lover
While this isn't the only reason, I'm sure at least PART of the reason we don't have a tag for that is due to the rare manga completely fucking up that premise at the end cough*Bunny Drop*cough
I respect Usagi Drop's ending at least. It's neither drama/shock value for the sake of it nor is it poorly written emotional manipulation. The story made its case while discussing other possible pairing routes and the characters talked it out like proper adults.

While I wish Usagi's MC would end up with Kouki's mom instead, I will disagree to anyone who says Usagi fucked the ending up.

Dex-chan lover
I respect Usagi Drop's ending at least. It's neither drama/shock value for the sake of it nor is it poorly written emotional manipulation. The story made its case while discussing other possible pairing routes and the characters talked it out like proper adults.

While I wish Usagi's MC would end up with Kouki's mom instead, I will disagree to anyone who says Usagi fucked the ending up.
As someone who was reading it as it was being released (yes, I am old), everyone saw that ending coming from a mile away. It never came out of nowhere, and it did make sense in context and was done rather well.

However, it didn't mean we had to like it...

Dex-chan lover
As someone who was reading it as it was being released (yes, I am old), everyone saw that ending coming from a mile away. It never came out of nowhere, and it did make sense in context and was done rather well.

However, it didn't mean we had to like it...
Youre technically right because the "mile" was almost half the series when she started thinking about it seriously, but theres a definite tone shift in the narratice after the timeskip

I read it years after the anime came out, I wonder if the anime leaned too heavily into the romance that the anime set up wrong expectations for new readers

Did the author ever commented on the ending? It's proven divisive so far for the few people I've talked to that knows Usagi Drop even exists

Dex-chan lover
Having read the novel first, it gets even better

The leader is Grey's ex-girlfriend and she still has feelings for him, meanwhile the other woman (sub-leader) is probably the biggest shipper of the pair
spoiler on why they broke up?

Contributor
Pls no, i am tired of that BS trope.
Daddy seducers are a menace to vulnerable paternally minded older men.
Is the original author male or female?

----
On another note, he seems awfully fond of decapitation for anyone intruding on or disapproving of his kids.
I wonder wehat Ganzas will do in the future...

----
Why not merge the split chapters back into one chapter?

Group Leader
I hope you read this, or someone refers this to you.
This message is directed solely at your cleaner, nobody else on your team.

Friend, you seriously need to step your game up.
Artifacting__Size.png

This first image is a direct comparison between the easily accessible scans found on Rawkuma, vs the quality presented by your group.
Let's go over everything that's wrong here.

1) The cleaning of text isn't a consistent white color.
2) You denoised the image to the point of warping the natural whites into cyans.
2.1) Over-denoising also blended all of the gradients together into single color meshes.
3) There's still noise.
4) The image size is still absolutely tiny. (650x924 to 800x1138)

Now, let's go over where you went wrong, and how you can improve in the future.

Step one, properly resizing the image.
Your go-to for doing this is going to be waifu2x. GPU and/or CPU don't support CUDA? Find someone who does.

Step two, export each of the images at a magnify scale of between 1.6 - 1.8 for good results, but it depends on the original dimensions of the image. Preferably, you want an end result of 1300x1800. Bigger than that and you start losing details and/or run the risk of making the image too big.
Denoising we'll address now.

Denoising.png

In this image we see the original raw upscaled to a dimension size of 1040x1478 (1.6 magnification for the sake of example).
Images 1, 2 and 3 are a denoising level of 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
The best result? Image 1. Why? Because image 1 has the least amount of pixel loss in the denoising process.
So, image 4 we went with a 1.6x magnify scale with a denoise setting of level 1. Pretty simple.

From here, you want to check the levels of the image. Is it too bright? Are the black colors in the image not standing out enough? Add a levels layer.

Levels.png

The above is slightly levelled, and the below is before the levelling process.
Thankfully, from what we can see in this image, this image barely needs to be levelled at all. Some images are much worse.

Alright, now that we've upscaled our raws and levelled the images, what next?
Sharpening.

You'll notice that lower res images are extremely blurry. Know what makes the blurriness worse?
Denoising.
So, what we want to do now is sharpen the image with the Smart Sharpen enough to make the lines more crisp, and less blurry.
Sharpening.png

Before, and after.

As for the settings? Play around with them for a bit. You'll get the hang of it, most of it is by eye.

Alright, after that's all done your image is pretty much done.
End_Result.png

PLEASE learn from this. I'm not posting this because I want to be an asshole, I'm posting it because you're calling yourself a cleaner without knowing how to actually clean. This should teach you. Hope to see you improve in the future.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Having read the novel first, it gets even better

The leader is Grey's ex-girlfriend and she still has feelings for him, meanwhile the other woman (sub-leader) is probably the biggest shipper of the pair
man we need more spoilers like is she the fmc and why they broke up in the first place since it seems she still has feelings for him

Dex-chan lover
I hope you read this, or someone refers this to you.
This message is directed solely at your cleaner, nobody else on your team.

Friend, you seriously need to step your game up.
Artifacting__Size.png

This first image is a direct comparison between the easily accessible scans found on Rawkuma, vs the quality presented by your group.
Let's go over everything that's wrong here.

1) The cleaning of text isn't a consistent white color.
2) You denoised the image to the point of warping the natural whites into cyans.
2.1) Over-denoising also blended all of the gradients together into single color meshes.
3) There's still noise.
4) The image size is still absolutely tiny. (650x924 to 800x1138)

Now, let's go over where you went wrong, and how you can improve in the future.

Step one, properly resizing the image.
Your go-to for doing this is going to be waifu2x. GPU and/or CPU don't support CUDA? Find someone who does.

Step two, export each of the images at a magnify scale of between 1.6 - 1.8 for good results.
Denoising we'll address now.

Denoising.png

In this image we see the original raw upscaled to a dimension size of 1040x1478 (1.6 magnification).
Images 1, 2 and 3 are a denoising level of 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
The best result? Image 1. Why? Because image 1 has the least amount of pixel loss in the denoising process.
So, image 4 we went with a 1.6x magnify scale with a denoise setting of level 1. Pretty simple.

From here, you want to check the levels of the image. Is it too bright? Are the black colors in the image not standing out enough? Add a levels layer.

Levels.png

The above is slightly levelled, and the below is before the levelling process.
Thankfully, from what we can see in this image, this image barely needs to be levelled at all. Some images are much worse.

Alright, now that we've upscaled our raws and levelled the images, what next?
Sharpening.

You'll notice that lower res images are extremely blurry. Know what makes the blurriness worse?
Denoising.
So, what we want to do now is sharpen the image with the Smart Sharpen enough to make the lines more crisp, and less blurry.
Sharpening.png

Before, and after.

As for the settings? Play around with them for a bit. You'll get the hang of it, most of it is by eye.

Alright, after that's all done your image is pretty much done.
End_Result.png

PLEASE learn from this. I'm not posting this because I want to be an asshole, I'm posting it because you're calling yourself a cleaner without knowing how to actually clean. This should teach you. Hope to see you improve in the future.
Can you go into why you go with magnify 1.6-1.8? Waifu2x as the name implies does doubling like most NCNN upscalers. The second step after that is a downscale, but what algorithm do you recommend? Bicubic sharp? Spline36?

Why not merge the split chapters back into one chapter?
ej7TLI2l.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t really get why people are saying it’s complete bs that it’s the most hinted that grey will be with
Ariamel
there isn’t much romance at all and it’s really only focused on 2 characters
the Valkyrie’s leader and Ariamel. With most romance flags with Ariamel because she’s around him a lot more (sleep in the same room ‘too help with the children’ cook together, many characters ‘misunderstand’ their relationship even though it’s not really a misunderstanding just denseness on Grey’s part. The group leader is even hinted at being jealous of Ariamel’s relationship and other older orphans saying it’s just a matter of time before those two get together. It’s sad bc of how young she is but to say that it’s just not true that it has no hints is being disingenuous and selectively ignoring it bc it makes you sad. The group leader also has some hints though not as many as Ariamel just because her time isn’t always spent with Grey and I don’t see it happening unless she chooses to not be in a party anymore (the reason grey broke up with her and left the party bc it involves allying with governments and nobles and such too busy for him)

Dex-chan lover
Youre technically right because the "mile" was almost half the series when she started thinking about it seriously, but theres a definite tone shift in the narratice after the timeskip

I read it years after the anime came out, I wonder if the anime leaned too heavily into the romance that the anime set up wrong expectations for new readers

Did the author ever commented on the ending? It's proven divisive so far for the few people I've talked to that knows Usagi Drop even exists
Yeah, there's no denying the complete tonal shift. If you only read the manga in the first half, you could just leave it alone there. The reason why the anime only included the first half is because even the second half of the series was considered highly divisive with the Japanese audience.

I believe the author did make some comments on how it ended, but this was back in 2011 and the group who was translating it never did a follow-up on translating the later author remarks. I'm sure it exists somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread