Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2 - Visitor (2)

Group Leader
Can you go into why you go with magnify 1.6-1.8? Waifu2x as the name implies does doubling like most NCNN upscalers. The second step after that is a downscale, but what algorithm do you recommend? Bicubic sharp? Spline36?
I'll go with 1.6-1.8 usually, but it depends on the original filesize. Mostly to avoid making the images themselves too large.
Larger file sizes start becoming redundant at a certain point, but a good rule of thumb is about 1300x1800 minimum.
Larger images are also a lot more taxing to edit in PS if you have lower specs.
Since this was an example image, I didn't go too heavily into upscaling just so I could present a clearer picture of what to do.

For the downscaling section, I've found it unecessary to do it so long as I upscale to a good margin. Extra steps for little benefit, but I'm not telling anyone not to, just that I don't think it's wholly necessary unless you're trying to salvage something that's horribly degraded.
Beyond that, I'd say I only have experience with using Supersampling, but the results weren't amazing by any means.

I use waifu2x-caffe since I've a good enough graphics card to support it, never had to bother with waifu2x or vulkan. To specify for others, -caffe's framework is exclusive to nvidia graphics cards, which have to support CUDA. (You CAN use your CPU, but who would do that?). As for Vulkan and Waifu2x, either or, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
spoiler on why they broke up?
man we need more spoilers like is she the fmc and why they broke up in the first place since it seems she still has feelings for him

As of chapter 91, they haven't go in detail about exactly why. All we know is they used to be in a party, but something happened that involved a noble, which lead to Grey decided to go solo and disband the party. That lead to them breaking up, but Grey do says they are still on good terms and he did cooperate with the Valkyrie party whenever the quest required him to (I think this was mentioned in the chapter when he was buying the house). So far Grey only considers Emilia (his ex) to be a reliable ally. Like I said before, he is very dense.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t really get why people are saying it’s complete bs that it’s the most hinted that grey will be with
Ariamel
there isn’t much romance at all and it’s really only focused on 2 characters
the Valkyrie’s leader and Ariamel. With most romance flags with Ariamel because she’s around him a lot more (sleep in the same room ‘too help with the children’ cook together, many characters ‘misunderstand’ their relationship even though it’s not really a misunderstanding just denseness on Grey’s part. The group leader is even hinted at being jealous of Ariamel’s relationship and other older orphans saying it’s just a matter of time before those two get together. It’s sad bc of how young she is but to say that it’s just not true that it has no hints is being disingenuous and selectively ignoring it bc it makes you sad. The group leader also has some hints though not as many as Ariamel just because her time isn’t always spent with Grey and I don’t see it happening unless she chooses to not be in a party anymore (the reason grey broke up with her and left the party bc it involves allying with governments and nobles and such too busy for him)
As far as I can see, Ariamel herself hasn't really shown any signs of romantic feeling for Grey. (Yet) A lot of the flags between Ariamel and Grey are assumptions made by bystanders (and Fio decided not to clear up the misunderstanding doesn't help either). That's why I'm not counting her for now, I'm just staying on the cautious side of things, as I tend to get the hints wrong.

Contributor
ej7TLI2l.jpg
Counterpoint:

Last edited:

N2O

Dex-chan lover
I could have sworn I had read a bad MTL of next chapter but now I can't find anything online.. Time slip? :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
As far as I can see, Ariamel herself hasn't really shown any signs of romantic feeling for Grey. (Yet) A lot of the flags between Ariamel and Grey are assumptions made by bystanders (and Fio decided not to clear up the misunderstanding doesn't help either). That's why I'm not counting her for now, I'm just staying on the cautious side of things, as I tend to get the hints wrong.
I can't recall exactly, but there was this one really warm scene where Nina puffed up her cheeks and Grey pinched them. The other kids followed suit. They all wanted to have their cheeks pinched by ol'e Grey daddy. Emilia (or idk who was there watching) saw that Ariamel was walking towards the table (and to Grey) to serve something i can't remember, but she also had her cheeks puffed up. Fio and Isuka kinda pick up on that and kinda tease Ariamel for a bit.

It's a muddled scene in my head, so the description may not be 100% accurate, but it does play along those lines. This implies (though tacitly) that there are no romantic feelings, and it's more of a thing of Ariamel having lost her parents and also yearning for a father figure to spoil her like the other kids. This also plays a lot, how Grey sees Ariamel working so hard for him and the kids, contrasting with the fact that she is also a child herself.

I kinda hope this is further explored because Ariamel is, from what I can recollect, in serious need of getting spooned like the child she is. SO NO, I HOPE THE AUTHOR DOESN'T FUCK US WITH AN USAGI DROP.

Supporter
I really hope the chapters release more frequently in the future,
I LOVE the story and the translators do a good job.
I just wish there was more

Dex-chan lover
Yup, this is the right speed, speed reading the novel was a bad idea

Dex-chan lover
I can't recall exactly, but there was this one really warm scene where Nina puffed up her cheeks and Grey pinched them. The other kids followed suit. They all wanted to have their cheeks pinched by ol'e Grey daddy. Emilia (or idk who was there watching) saw that Ariamel was walking towards the table (and to Grey) to serve something i can't remember, but she also had her cheeks puffed up. Fio and Isuka kinda pick up on that and kinda tease Ariamel for a bit.

It's a muddled scene in my head, so the description may not be 100% accurate, but it does play along those lines. This implies (though tacitly) that there are no romantic feelings, and it's more of a thing of Ariamel having lost her parents and also yearning for a father figure to spoil her like the other kids. This also plays a lot, how Grey sees Ariamel working so hard for him and the kids, contrasting with the fact that she is also a child herself.

I kinda hope this is further explored because Ariamel is, from what I can recollect, in serious need of getting spooned like the child she is. SO NO, I HOPE THE AUTHOR DOESN'T FUCK US WITH AN USAGI DROP.
I just love how your sentiments exactly mirror the comments I’ve seen when speed reading the novel 😂

Dex-chan lover
Ah, nothing beats playing poker with your toddlers after a long work day hahahaha

the valks showed up faster than i thought lol. and dang, its both scary and heartwarming that we know he's not joking about lopping off random boyfriendo's head xD. if he makes her happy he's at less risk but if he makes her cry... ooweee goodbye!
seeing them meet his kids is gonna be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread