Akuninzura Shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Ch. 10 - Welcome Home

Double-page supporter
This is one of the problems with modern Isekai stories: they often have the Isekai part happen at the beginning and then NEVER bring it up again, which makes you question why such a detail needed to exist in the story in the first place.

As much as I like this story, it also falls into this same category, in that the MC could be from this world and basically nothing would change. Well, aside from the whole "this is what would have happened if the MC didn't get isekai'd into this world" side/extra story, but even that could technically be handwaved as well without needing the Isekai.
BOI did you even read the thing or is your memory retention low? the reason he even cared for the orphans in the first place is because he misses his family from his previous life, like thats a very good reason for the isekai trope but you seem to gloss over that fact, did you overdose on generic trash isekai that you forget the chapter you just read after only a minute or something???

Dex-chan lover
BOI did you even read the thing or is your memory retention low? the reason he even cared for the orphans in the first place is because he misses his family from his previous life, like thats a very good reason for the isekai trope but you seem to gloss over that fact, did you overdose on generic trash isekai that you forget the chapter you just read after only a minute or something???
That detail isn't isekai specific. Like I said, the guy could have come from this world and the story would basically be the same. He could still have his family die and miss them. It's not something that needs isekai to work.

Dex-chan lover
The original game setting was more brutal than i thought….
Also do these JRPGs with all kind of twists and dark background that isekai authors cooked up actually exist ?
Cuz i never seen actual jrpgs or just games with backstories like these , Game makers should look into hiring LN writters to do their games cuz holy shit new jp games nowaday are vanilla and stale as shit

Dex-chan lover
Dont tell me they actually got raped… please tell that all of that was just a future that would have happened if he didnt save them…

Dex-chan lover
Dont tell me they actually got raped… please tell that all of that was just a future that would have happened if he didnt save them…

What Ariamel dreamt was basically the life she would've had if Gray didn't mess up the OG timeline. The Original timeline goes like this:

• Ariamel and the kids are living happily, albeit in poor conditions
  • they are kidnapped and taken and sold to slavers (and brutalized in the process)
  • Ariamel is bought by the church and abused by the perverted knight
  • At this point, it's uncertain what happened to all of the children, though it's implied that Fio and some others died
  • Also uncertain as to how, but Isuka escapes and goes on a hunt to find their friends
  • Ariamel is found to be a saintess, and everything is flipped; she's being treated nicely all of the sudden
  • This makes her snap, goes absolutely bonkers and curses everyone, before committing suicide (stabs herself)
  • Sometime later Isuka (the protagonist of the game) gets in the church, goes wild and massacres everyone after finding out that Ariamel is dead. Blames the 'Hero' aka Alles aka Ares in the LN. (this is the small panel where Isuka is all bloodied and on the verge of killing the Hero, couple of chapters ago iirc).

This is the game's storyline, where the protagonist goes on a dark path for revenge. All of this would've happened beat by beat but Gray killed the Spiders, who were the guys that were going to take the children and sell them to the slavers. By taking the Spiders out, Gray fucks up the OG timeline and we're now getting this really wholesome surrogate family story path.

The LN hints that more infodump about the OG timeline (as well as Nina and Stella's background) is coming, but it's yet to be revealed.

Dex-chan lover
Oh so she died in the OG timeline.
Also it seems like the game have quite a plot of having MC as not the chosen hero right? Since Isuka fight Aless in the OG timeline and it must have been revenge for Ariamel.

So it's like not your typical fantasy game i think
Game overlords sent Grey to fix the s%!# they made.

Similar to how the world of Bradfort was reset to Mobusekai to fix the s%!# they made in the sidestory ( which was pretty awesome short, btw ).

The year 201x, the year of awesome IF routes - Rem IF, Marie IF, Echidna IF, Yui ANOTHER.

Dex-chan lover
surrogate

I guess Grey will rip out the world until it is flipped inside out to protect the kids. He will kill from the lowest to highest ... meaning up to the king who allowed these scum to live.

Dex-chan lover
What Ariamel dreamt was basically the life she would've had if Gray didn't mess up the OG timeline. The Original timeline goes like this:

• they are kidnapped and taken and sold to slavers (and brutalized in the process)
  • At this point, it's uncertain what happened to all of the children, though it's implied that Fio and some others died
  • Also uncertain as to how, but Isuka escapes and goes on a hunt to find their friends
  • Ariamel is found to be a saintess, and everything is flipped; she's being treated nicely all of the sudden
  • This makes her snap, goes absolutely bonkers and curses everyone, before committing suicide (stabs herself)
  • Sometime later Isuka (the protagonist of the game) gets in the church, goes wild and massacres everyone after finding out that Ariamel is dead. Blames the 'Hero' aka Alles aka Ares in the LN. (this is the small panel where Isuka is all bloodied and on the verge of killing the Hero, couple of chapters ago iirc).

This is the game's storyline, where the protagonist goes on a dark path for revenge. All of this would've happened beat by beat but Gray killed the Spiders, who were the guys that were going to take the children and sell them to the slavers. By taking the Spiders out, Gray fucks up the OG timeline and we're now getting this really wholesome surrogate family story path.

The LN hints that more infodump about the OG timeline (as well as Nina and Stella's background) is coming, but it's yet to be revealed.
Fucking up is understating the gravity of Grey's action tho. And he does all this completely unaware that he already ruin the game's starting point and Isuka's motivation in the no longer canon OG timeline

Gonna say tho, Isuka's drip in Luminous is actually great and I hoped he will don it, but for a whole other reason (you can see it on the vol2 extra content teaser)

Supporter
Except Grey doesn't know anything about the setting. As he says in the first couple pages of chapter 1, all he knows is the default name of the MC and what amounts to a back of the box story knowledge. He also mentions a couple times throughout that he isn't even sure if the kids are related to the game or not.

Moreover he hasn't done anything foreknowledge-y, he killed the bandit group because they were creeping on the kids and he doesn't like leaving loose ends, and he got a warning about the hero's party from the Valkyries telling him they were coming and the inn keeper mentioning they were looking for the older girl.
Now that you say it, I do recall that being a point in the beginning. I must have gotten mixed up with all of the other isekai out there and assumed that the MC must have known about the story. But I guess all of the "original story" stuff has all just been in side chapters or dreams and was never brought up by the MC himself.

So @farranpoison was just correct that the isekai trope is doing basically nothing here. Even all the "original story" content could just be "what if" scenarios instead. Though, I guess everything actually happening in an alternate timeline makes things feel more meaningful than a "what if". It kind of also justifies the game mechanics that show up (at last, I think that's a thing in this story), but even those could be omitted rather than going with isekai. Strongest reason for it I can think of right now is that it puts the "isekai" tag on the story for people to find it that way lol.

Dex-chan lover
@StormSen @vorador Ooh i see, thanks for the info guys.

So Isuka the Protagonist not being the "Hero" is actually canon to story and not some alteration due to the MC's reincarnation nor past actions. Isuka fighting the "Hero" is canon event.

Meanwhile, the Saintess is unfortunately handed the role of "tragic maiden" that fuels the Protagonist's story.

So yeah, the game is quite heavy-hearted.

Dex-chan lover
The original game setting was more brutal than i thought….
Also do these JRPGs with all kind of twists and dark background that isekai authors cooked up actually exist ?
Cuz i never seen actual jrpgs or just games with backstories like these , Game makers should look into hiring LN writters to do their games cuz holy shit new jp games nowaday are vanilla and stale as shit
Dark JRPGs? Hmmm, I'm def not an expert, but there was that game... ... ... Fuck. Now I'm traumatized again.

Suffice it to say that there was this horror escape the room game that I played... Completed. Nice. Then I played the True route and found out what was actually going on. Horrible.

Also I've seen other Game Isekai stories, where the MC sets out to fix games with messed up endings. Fake Saint of the Year, does this (and is very good). (LN finishes in four volumes, manga is about 1/2 way through the story.

I Was a Ghost in a Horror Game (WN) has same premise of fixing a horrible ending game. (I love this one too. First volume completes at ch 55.)

If you're seeing multiple of that story of WN/LN/Manga, then the inspiring games have to be around as well.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The margin on the first page mentioned "There's an announcement at the end!" but then there wasn't any announcement. Was it just cleaned + not translated or what's the deal there? Or is the "announcement" just the date of chapter 11?

Dex-chan lover
I think Nina died of starvation ... I want to think of it that way. Isuca is the only one that escaped so ....

Dex-chan lover

“Really wholesome surrogate family story path” untill it goes the Usagi Drop and if its for my daughter I would even defeat the Demon Lord route of having him marry one of the daughters…

Dex-chan lover
Actually speaking of LN, it appears the author has dropped/suspended the WN to focus on the LN? He hasn't updated the WN since ch98, and there was a huge gap between ch 94 and ch95. Anyone who knows moonspeak can confirm if this is the case?

Users who are viewing this thread