Akuyaku Kizoku to shite Hitsuyou na Sore - Ch. 6

Aggregator gang
This whole concept of a satire of a stock hero and his childhood friend serving as antagonist is done really well in Rebuild World (Katsuya). I don't have high hopes for this living up to that.

Dex-chan lover
The hero already had brain damage, she didn't need to try and make it worse.
Who knows? Maybe he's like 2D from The Gorilaz where adding more brain damage causes an improvement!

(In case you don't know, there is actual fucking stories and lore behind the fictional characters of the Gorillaz. Murdock, the band leader, gave the vocalist, 2D, brain damage in two separate incidents. The first one put 2D into a coma. The second one... somehow woke him up from his coma.)

Double-page supporter
The hero seems annoyingly self-righteous already. He hears that he's actions get his friend/fiancee constantly scolded, and he seems nonplussed; no apology what-so-ever. :pout:
And dude is making assumptions about MC's actions. He's gonna be a problem if he doesn't get his head outta his own bum.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Did he think she gonna serve him her piss or what?? What a strange reaction from someone saying "it's water i prepared myself"

Dex-chan lover
Of course. Why wouldn't he assume only the worst from MC who comes from a villainous family, possesses a skill called [Absolute Evil], and makes a slave child fight for food. :dogkek:
Also, it's a frequent trope to send hungry animals into arena combat - supposedly to make them fight fiercer.

Fed-Kun's army
Of course. Why wouldn't he assume only the worst from MC who comes from a villainous family, possesses a skill called [Absolute Evil], and makes a slave child fight for food. :dogkek:
Also, it's a frequent trope to send hungry animals into arena combat - supposedly to make them fight fiercer.

That's kind of my big issue with this series. Who names their skill 'Absolute Evil', names their kid 'Absolute', etc. And the fact that they are nobles means everyone should know what they do and how they act as a police force.

But, nobody seems to know and just things they are ACTUALLY evil and are killing people while the Royal family just... doesn't care at all? The entire concept is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
That's kind of my big issue with this series. Who names their skill 'Absolute Evil', names their kid 'Absolute', etc. And the fact that they are nobles means everyone should know what they do and how they act as a police force.

But, nobody seems to know and just things they are ACTUALLY evil and are killing people while the Royal family just... doesn't care at all? The entire concept is stupid.
At the end of the day this is far from stellar writing, but to be fair this has been established as a former video game world and not a particularly deep one at that. I'm pretty sure the names are meant to be cartoonishly on the nose.

I will say my favorite isekai with this type of setting are ones that flesh out the world once it becomes real and not a video game. Stuff like NPC characters reacting to dumb names that only work as default stock villian names and the seemingly simple plots and personality types being revealed to be far more complex as you'd expect when it goes from being led by NPCs with a programed pattern to complex thinking human beings.

Users who are viewing this thread