Akuyaku Reijou to Akuyaku Reisoku ga, Deatte Koi ni Ochitanara - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Are we seriously doing that lame writing contrivance where everyone ALMOST says what her actual spirit is, but then stops one word short? Can someone just spoil what her spirit is? I hate having the carrot dangled in from of me in such a stupid way.

Also, while I'm asking for a spoiler, anything happen to her lousy abusive parents?

Dex-chan lover
Because she's doing well even after he broke up with her :)
Because he knows Brigitte's spirit is actually legendary class.
He always have inferiority because his (off-screen) brothers are all better than him. He got engaged with Brigitte because he thought there's finally someone more pathetic than he is, so people will insult her instead of him. Also, Brigitte was originally Yuri's fiance (although it got cancelled before they got engaged because of the burning incident), so maybe he's in delusion he successfully NTR the guy praised as most talented. But then he found out she's actually an amazing person, so having her by his side will just make people compare and again comment on how he is inferior. He wants to dispose of her before anyone else realized it.

I'm so lost and confused by the differences between novel and manga, I swear they are taking away explanations and adding more unexplained stuff.
Like why is Yuri acting so close, they've hardly had any interactions since the
engagement and I don't think I remember the prince actually ordering anyone in the first place, just suggesting off handedly for something to happen.

Dex-chan lover
I guess fuck-face-prince simply enjoy manipulating people. It's just a practice run for his future reigns, if he succeeds the throne though.

Dex-chan lover
Are we seriously doing that lame writing contrivance where everyone ALMOST says what her actual spirit is, but then stops one word short? Can someone just spoil what her spirit is? I hate having the carrot dangled in from of me in such a stupid way.

Also, while I'm asking for a spoiler, anything happen to her lousy abusive parents?

For the spirit she has the phoenix, legendary one of a kind etc. It was originally sleeping because of her lack of power, now it is sleeping due to her trauma related to fire.
Parents I don't remember getting that much, of course they lost their positions and I think they were locked up but nothing gruesome.

Dex-chan lover
[snip]
just suggesting off handedly for something to happen.
"What miserable drones and traitors have I nurtured and promoted in my household who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric!"
This is not any sort of explicit order to the king's knights, but the king's knights interpreted it as an order to deal with the cleric and probably an implied threat if they failed to do so. And that's the short version of why Thomas Becket was murdered.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly, kinda disappointing if that ends up being the case, as they kind of seem like bigger antagonists than the prince to me currently.
The main plot is the competitions so there isn't really a great big end antagonist, at least assuming they don't change that much. It is very possible that they change quite a bit later on, a lot of the details have already been changing so who knows

Dex-chan lover
I'm so lost and confused by the differences between novel and manga, I swear they are taking away explanations and adding more unexplained stuff.
Like why is Yuri acting so close, they've hardly had any interactions since the
engagement and I don't think I remember the prince actually ordering anyone in the first place, just suggesting off handedly for something to happen.
About Yuri.
They never get engaged. Their engagement is supposed to be the day Brigitte made her spirit contract.

Yuri’s mother intend to marry him to another family so his brothers won’t bully him anymore. He is born to another mother. His second and third brother see him as a threat to their eldest brother. This is despite Yuri got no interest in becoming head of the family and that eldest brother himself already asks his brothers to treat Yuri as their brother.
Yuri’s mother cancelled the engagement. A father who would burn his own daughter is a big red flag, she doesn’t want her son to be sent to that kind of house.

Yuri still remember how he can’t do anything to help Brigitte back then. Meanwhile, Brigitte is in too much pain, she barely remember someone holding her hand.

Well, I only read the WN, so no idea of how it goes in the LN version.

Her father has Ifreet, while her mother got Salamander.

After realizing the father used Ifreet’s flame to burn his own daughter (that’s why Brigitte’s burns can’t heal), both Ifreet and Salamander leave to the spirit world. Their contract itself still apply so both parents can still use magic, but they can no longer use high level magic which require summoning the spirits themselves.

This is from the third arc. Ifreet and Salamander are strong, so just by them being there, no evil spirits dare to approach. But without the spirits’ protection, Brigitte’s mother almost die because of evil spirit who exploit her guilt.

Meanwhile, the father is trying to hide the fact he can no longer summon Ifreet. Getting the silent treatment from your contracted spirit means you must have fucked up real hard that even your closest partner turns their back.
During the kingdom’s festival where head of the four families are supposed to show their strongest magic in festival, he even plan to use his adopted son (from branch family, also contracted Ifreet) to do the role.

Of course, this got exposed. Both parents are then sent to retirement, while Brigitte’s cousin took over as head of the family.

Ah, that should have been obvious, but I was thinking some sort of wise owl thing - since we saw the feathers earlier.
It’s a round, fat, fluffball ^^
And it’s afraid of Keena who always joke about wanting to eat it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yay, finally an update to this manga. Been waiting... exactly 3 months I guess. I wish this was more active.

Dex-chan lover
After a 3 month cliffhang we still dont get to see her spirit? Damnit. Author's good with the cliffhangers

Where do you guys go to read LNs? I have always been a manga reader only but this one seems interesting enough to go out of my way to try the LN

Dex-chan lover
Did I miss something why does the prince hate her so much.
There's probably a reason that will be better outlined later. But the real reason is we need the Villainess and the Villain to get together and the author decided she should start engaged to the prince so we could have the typical broken engagement stuff. Because if it ain't broke why be creative and come up with a new plot points.

Dex-chan lover
Where do you guys go to read LNs? I have always been a manga reader only but this one seems interesting enough to go out of my way to try the LN
9 times out of 10 its novel updates. When it's not half the time its a group that doesn't post links to novel updates or its on an archive site. The rest of the time we find it for free somewhere in Japanese and use a browser extention or deepl to translate it and try our best.

For this one in particular you either buy the ln from Japan and know Japanese. Or you go to the web novel and Google translate it.

Dex-chan lover
Because she's doing well even after he broke up with her :)
Because he knows Brigitte's spirit is actually legendary class.
He always have inferiority because his (off-screen) brothers are all better than him. He got engaged with Brigitte because he thought there's finally someone more pathetic than he is, so people will insult her instead of him. Also, Brigitte was originally Yuri's fiance (although it got cancelled before they got engaged because of the burning incident), so maybe he's in delusion he successfully NTR the guy praised as most talented. But then he found out she's actually an amazing person, so having her by his side will just make people compare and again comment on how he is inferior. He wants to dispose of her before anyone else realized it.
That's a tiny dick scheme.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
The engagement being her and the prince, my brain did not phrase that in an understandable way. This is also getting me to go back and reread the web novel so I guess I'm going all the way through again.
My memory is mixed up too.
Checked the WN and can't find the page about Joseph giving any order either. Although it's probably like zzetal's reply above. He just say to Nival to not disappoint him like Brigitte and imply it would make him lose his position and embarrass his family, but never give specific order.

Users who are viewing this thread