Akuyaku Reijou wa Kiraware Kizoku ni Koi wo suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Villainess and the Morning Return

Contributor
Re-reading this series made me realize that Anon is a moron when it comes to politics, even without his horrifying lack of morals. Instead of attempting to end his engagement amicably (which seems to have been possible before), he went out of his way to try to have his (ex-)fiancée raped. Moreover, he didn't even cover his arse properly. In other words, he unnecessarily went out of his way to make an enemy of a not-insignificant noble family, all in order to try to make himself and his lover look good. (And he clearly is bad at choosing people to employ and at handling dirty work and secrets to begin with: not good qualities in a ruler.) If he had just claimed mutual incompatibility or something, there wouldn't have been any problems (especially at their age). At the very least, while he would lose the support of the Witchend family either way, they wouldn't most likely become part of his opposition — so he's needlessly causing likely problems for himself down the line. Furthermore, the money he used to hire those guys probably would have been enough for the consolation fees he should give regardless of how he broke up with her (since she didn't do anything herself, i.e. the reason he didn't just try to frame her or exaggerate something she did do). As it is, given the way he clearly cheated on Eris, if she suddenly got harmed with that timing, there would have been talk about more than just his infidelity (and the speculation would also get directed at his lover). So, the assault wouldn't even have accomplished his goals properly and the plan was shoddy to begin with (too many ways for it to fail or backfire). I can't see any advantages to his course of action in the slightest.

In short, his depravation aside, Anon is really incompetent. Unfortunately, looking at the end of this chapter and the raws, I don't have much hope for Rizel either (the fifth prince and second in line to the throne). (Well, Rizel still has time, at least, since he seems to be around 12. Overall, his doesn't appear to be a hopeless case, fortunately.) If neither of them improve and none of their siblings take the throne, the country is very likely SOL. Which, plot-wise, kind of sets it up for Len, only, avoiding succession issues is why he was made to be "the notorious noble" to begin with (and most other nobles seem to hate his guts, so no support from them). I'm really hoping the story does not go that route (where the royal member of the main couple becomes monarch), since about nine-tenths of such situations in fiction do turn out that way and it's usually out of the blue and then very annoying (I'll leave realism out of this one).

I'm not quite certain why Len took on his role of notoriety, but I do have something of an idea. Since he's not one of the queen's children and his other brothers (or siblings) seem to be under the radar, I'm guessing his mother's status gives him no other choice for survival. That said, there hasn't been much information thus far about succession to the throne and the situation of the royal family. Plus, depending on the original phrasing and translation, there could be quite a few differences (e.g. the sex of his other siblings and how many there are total, whether girls are counted separately, whether girls can inherit the throne to begin with, how many women does the king have a relationship with apart from the queen, etc.). (It's probably going to be another "the king only had sons, despite the number of children," which is far more common in fiction than reality. Yet another trope I'm getting sick of when it's just there for the sake of being there.)

That and their ages: Len seems to be older than Eris, while Anon looks (and acts) like he's younger than her… Obviously, that isn't their real order of birth. If Anon is approximately the same age as Len, then all of Rizel's older brothers (siblings?) need to have been born in quick succession, which could mean quite a few things (since no other information has been given yet). The likely possibilities are 1. the king can't keep it in his pants, 2. there's a royal harem and the king is expected to copulate with many women, and 3. the king has only one concubine apart from Len's mother and said concubine had triplets. To be fair to the king, rulers tend to get a lot of "invitations" and chances are that the king and queen's marriage is purely political and they did not end up falling in love with each other.

On an unrelated note, Eris and Len are so cute together; watching their interactions is really fun. While I am hoping for some interesting political intrigue (as this chapter has been hinting at), no matter that course the plot does take, I hope that Eris and Len continue to be adorable together.

@blackLuna oi my grandfather and grandmother had 5 children all where female it's not so unlikely that the king could have only had sons tough yeah the overuse makes it seem more unlikely it does happen

Contributor
@luca65
Please reread my comment: I said it is LESS likely. Not impossible. The probability, albeit simplified, is around 3% (biology is more complicated, I am aware). Generally speaking, ignoring other factors, there's approximately a 50% chance in any given pregnancy that the child will be male, assuming that the probability does not change between pregnancies, the likelihood that successive children will be the same sex will halve each time (this is without "identical" multiples, since I'm going by fertilized ova). So your grandparents' example is undeniably rare. It's just really, really common in fiction. A lot of times, I get this impression that the author was being lazy or something, rather than actually intending for that to be the case. As I hinted at in my previous comment, it can be done well in fiction, regardless of whether it plays a role in the plot (Austen's Pride and Prejudice is a good example of it having a role, for one). It's just irksome when the author doesn't seem to actually intend for the result. That's what I'm hoping this series doesn't fall into.

@blackLuna yeah i said how it's overuse makes it seem more unlikely both in manga and irl not that you said it's impossible which you did not i just inteded to sound less serious and as such triyng to sound less like a prick which i failed at badly not that i was joking about my grandparents having five children and all being women (english is not my first language if there are mistakes in this message please say it)

Ahahaha "this is my woman!" XDDDDD For some reason, the scene from Lion King came to my mind when Simba was shown to everyone after his birth XDDDDDD

Awwww, cute, snake-like little prince stirring up trouble. This will be interesting... (Trouble for whom? For Len? Or Anon? Definitely for Eris.)

@Pocky8
that cute prince is begging to be spanked, well lets hope he doesn't do something stupid and forces them to kill him... because that would be the beginning of the end for the peaceful times in that kingdom,

The real question is tho, Did he at least finish his breakfast?

...at least he's young enough to not be considered as a love rival
Maybe a clingy prideful prince type?
Wait if he's in the game, is he a live interest???

Also really can't help see ML as a gangster boss
Probably that's why people think he's part of the mafia

Nooo~ (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥⌢°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
Kyjuteee kiddy is baddy ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽(´ . .̫ . `)

Users who are viewing this thread