Alcohol and Ogre-girls - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
mqdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Such a great chapter! Everything the series has setup comes together and enhances the tension between the 3 of them. Also loved Naori recognizing so quickly that something was wrong with Hinata.

Hopefully this event leads our demon hunter to a new understanding. Her upbringing and pressures have clearly led to some wrong assumptions but she's quickly recognizing the inconsistencies.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Gotta love the subtle progress moment where Naori is able to straight up say "we're living together" when she was so adamant about it before. (It's admittedly been a tricky aspect to translate since there's several terms that effectively translate to "living together" in English but have different implications in Japanese.)

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes, one of the best ways to break a kid out of racist indoctrination is to force them to confront the harm they do with that racism.

An adult seeing a member of a group they hate get hurt from the racism is just as likely to harden their heart at it, but a child isn't necessarily equipped to do that.

Dex-chan lover
Racist patriarchy is an active villain now? That poor stupid indoctrinated kid. Hinata's airborne rant should've prepared me. What's next, homophobic samurai? Isuzu being startled by Hinata's yuri power level?

I find Hinata's worries about prejudice and separation interesting, and we're finally seeing people who justify that worry up close.

Dex-chan lover
Isuzu's family looked like yakuza. Are the four families yakuza in the modern day? Yakuza tend to be pretty hardcore conservative traditionalists, so I suppose that makes sense.

Doesn't really make their oppression of the ogres look any better tho.

Poor isuzu. I hope she gets the hell away from her shitty family soon.

Dex-chan lover
L word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said the Love word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
It's not necessarily either a lie from the beginning nor some old truth that no longer is true.

It could just be that, yeah, all the stuff in that conflict, like, happened, but it was always more complicated than the narrative that survived. Oni always had complicated emotions and empathy and friendships, even with humans, but this didn't mean that the conflict didn't happen.

They were two cultures that were at war until one subjugated the other and centuries of oppression had followed. Maybe there were other ways to resolve things, ways toward peaceful coexistence, but no one tried the so now the fact of the matter is that oni have been oppressed for about a millennium and they need to move forward from that.

Users who are viewing this thread