Alcohol and Ogre-girls - Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
Lovely end to Isuzu's mini arc. She's come a long way in a very short time. Most people don't change at all, let alone in a few weeks time. Good for her but she has two awesome "big sisters" who guided her.

Not much needs to be said about Naori and Hinata. They're essentially a married couple at this point, although Hinata felt some recent pressure to put a "ring on it." Looking forward to how that's handled.

Dex-chan lover
That legendary sake is totally gonna end up being anything served by and to a human and ogre in love, isn't it? I can handle that level of cheese.
Don't they have a ritual in Japanese wedding where the couple share sake or something? Maybe it's related to that :finnawoke:

Also, I'm not gonna lie, the manga is good, but I'm annoyed that maybe only at the end they're finally going to properly become a couple, if they actually outright say it out loud that is :angery:

Power Uploader
Next chapter isn't a continuation of this specific issue. Isuzu will probably be a staple part of the crew, if that's what you meant. Idk if you're not a fan of her? The girls are always picking up new friends and I think all of them end up recurring.
I don't think it necessarily is about Isuzu specifically, and more the emotional whiplash of the happy end of this chapter versus the sense of impending dread of next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter isn't a continuation of this specific issue. Isuzu will probably be a staple part of the crew, if that's what you meant. Idk if you're not a fan of her? The girls are always picking up new friends and I think all of them end up recurring.
Woah what? I never said I didn't like her, where did you get that from?

I meant that the next arc likely Won't be a happy one seeing how the next chap ends with Isuzu walking in on a bloodbath of yokai corpses caused by a psychopath villain looking dude

I suspect that Isuzu's faction won't be happy about her siding with oni, and that she will need to be helped or rescued by the protags from her family's murderous insanity

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it necessarily is about Isuzu specifically, and more the emotional whiplash of the happy end of this chapter versus the sense of impending dread of next chapter.
I guess I could see that but...
the next chapter didn't feel anymore foreboding than any other. The series is always foreboding but I wouldn't describe it as dread. It felt like a normal chapter. Btw, since we're here: can't wait to see if my assumption about Aju and our guy was right!

Dex-chan lover
Woah what? I never said I didn't like her, where did you get that from?

I meant that the next arc likely Won't be a happy one seeing how the next chap ends with Isuzu walking in on a bloodbath of yokai corpses caused by a psychopath villain looking dude

I suspect that Isuzu's faction won't be happy about her siding with oni, and that she will need to be helped or rescued by the protags from her family's murderous insanity
I see. Got it! But
I'm pretty sure that is not a psychopath villain but our fellow bartender man. Based on how you worded your response, I'm not sure if you think he's a new person?
But thanks for clarifying anyway.

Dex-chan lover
If this were a shonen series, Naori will start finding out which cocktails give different power-up to Hinata depending on the mix
Need teamwork, affinity up
Have exams, int up
Need to race, speed up
:ROFLMAO:

Thankfully it’s not, but perhaps there will be a cocktail she whip up later so that everyone in Hinata’s family can get along better, a reconciliation drink so to say.

Dex-chan lover
Me, 3 or 4 chapters earlier : So little girl is gonna witness the greatness of Hinata protecting Naori after drinking the cocktail Naori made and will be enlightened by their love and complicity.

Author, somewhere, cooking : I hope you are satisfied.

Me, napkin over my mouth : It was a delicious meal. My compliment to the chief 😌✨✨

Users who are viewing this thread