Alcohol and Ogre-girls - Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
Really glad to get basically 100% confirmation that this won't end with subtext :win:

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

Picsart_24-06-11_15-33-22-250.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Who tf is this 😭

Also Hinata (or wait is it Naori? Ive fallen off the story and the names forgive me) is seeking ownership? Oh my... can a beast have ownership?

Dex-chan lover
It's never really been subtext though, has it? It's been pretty straightforward since early on.
Indeed. I was re-reading this and it's very clear where they stand (well for a yuri manga standpoint that is😁)

Dex-chan lover
It's okay, Hinata is just locking in now so she can spend more quality time with Naori later. Trust the plan!

One day they gonna be makin a "reservation" at home.

Assuming they're not asexual.

Hopefully it ends up with romantic love between them rather than a deep admiration for each other. Right now it feels like it could be written either way in the end.

In case anybody else needs a reminder: Hinata has already kissed Naori at the end of chapter 1! Then followed it up with asking her to be her bartender. It's clear she thinks very highly of Naori, but I don't think a deep admiration is what's going through her head when she thinks about "reserving a seat" and "booking the hell out of it"...

Dex-chan lover
It's okay, Hinata is just locking in now so she can spend more quality time with Naori later. Trust the plan!

In case anybody else needs a reminder: Hinata has already kissed Naori at the end of chapter 1! Then followed it up with asking her to be her bartender. It's clear she thinks very highly of Naori, but I don't think a deep admiration is what's going through her head when she thinks about "reserving a seat" and "booking the hell out of it"...
Fair point. Maybe the position of bartender overlaps with being romantic partners for many ogres? Being given alcohol by their special bartender could be a form of intimate bonding for them. Netflix and chill I guess.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, that's one way to drag it out. If it wasn't for the fact that I love drinking about as much as this adorable lesbogre I'd drop this now.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that's one way to drag it out. If it wasn't for the fact that I love drinking about as much as this adorable lesbogre I'd drop this now.
yeah, the romance is STALE as fuck and people think this is romantic? what? if not for the yuri tag i will had droped, i ACTUALY wanna them in an relationship not garbage methahores about reservations for fucks sake how LONG will this drag out? it’s already 40 chapters and when we FINALY get a chance to move from the stale romance we back away !!!! UGH

Dex-chan lover
Fair point. Maybe the position of bartender overlaps with being romantic partners for many ogres? Being given alcohol by their special bartender could be a form a intimate bonding for them. Netflix and chill I guess.

Chapter 29 confirmed that Ginka and the doctor have something going on too. The doctor doesn't make cocktails, just feeds her whatever they have around, but I choose to take it as a precedent

Dex-chan lover
AH! He's the barten-duh that dipped, isn't he? Would make sense.
And I didn't like the sudden turn of events showing he's kinda unhinged... :fml::fml::fml::fml:

The most important part, tho, is: NOOOOO! HINATA!! GO GET YOUR GIRL!!!!!! I get her reason, but... She's already involved in your world. What do you want to do? Cut her off to protect her now that only her drinks work for you?? Be true to your heart!! Before someone steals her :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
yeah, the romance is STALE as fuck and people think this is romantic? what? if not for the yuri tag i will had droped, i ACTUALY wanna them in an relationship not garbage methahores about reservations for fucks sake how LONG will this drag out? it’s already 40 chapters and when we FINALY get a chance to move from the stale romance we back away !!!! UGH
m8 they kissed in chapter 1 and became newlyweds in chapter 3, they're basically already married they just don't know that yet

Dex-chan lover
So, Tsukasa is a psycho. Wasn't expecting that, he seemed chill.

I'm happy this manga is still interesting after so many volumes. Hope it continues for a long time.
So far every human we've seen involved with monsters and ogres is seriously fucked up mentally in one way or another. So are all the ogres really, in different ways. They both need to realize their whole relationship is basically fucking all of them up and fix it, but that's hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread