Alerts: All vs Unread

Dex-chan lover
When I click the alerts button to see the drop-down menu it shows the most recent alerts, and immediately marks all the visible alerts as read.

1. I would prefer if alerts stayed unread until clicked on, or you click the little circle that marks it as read, or you click the link at the bottom that says 'mark read'. (this step is necessary before the next step can be implemented)
  2. I want a way to only show unread alerts. This way I can make sure there aren't older unread alerts that have dropped off the list if I've left the forums unvisited for too long. (it also feels nice to see your progress as the list gets shorter)
side note: why is there even a link for 'mark read' if the entire list automatically gets marked read when you open it?

edit: Actually does the forum only store the 7 most recent alerts? I went to 'show all' and it's literally identical to the drop down. I can't see a way to see the older alerts.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also in dark mode maybe switch the brightness of alerts? Currently unread are dull and darker notifications and the read are the bright ones that pop. I feel like it would be more intuitive to switch them. Kind of like most email services.

Users who are viewing this thread