Alice in Borderland Retry - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Nine of Hearts Part 3

as this is a heart game, I bet those crazy duo from Jack of Heart are the designer of this game.

@flamewingman That isn't always the case in heart games, only when the difficulty is a face card (which means the game is a direct head to head) or if the dealer/citizens want to themselves.

That was stupid? Honestly I expected way more from this author especially since he has atleast 10years of experience. Who would've thought that the one who gets voted out would just do it by force?

Group Leader
@checkmy4 it's not stupid, it's an Heart Game.

Only in the "J of Hearts" there was the rule to not bring any dangerous object, but in every Heart Game you can use force (even the "J of Hearts", but only if you don't injuried someone to the point that he can't talk).

I think now things become interesting since there's a "bomb that is about to explode" among the players (like Aguni in Beach's Witch Game).
If you know the author's style you can tell that the game will be a lot more than that.

Now there're more problems to just think about how to survive the game: you have to survive madness (and get ahold of other players' behave).
There's the meaning of Hearts Game.
Taiga was a bit right feeling alone (Arisu's toughts confirmed it), they are cutting him out by cheating but the only thing that they need is a fair method.
The true problem is when you use a fair method and Taiga stab you anyway.

Contributor
Aw man. This is why I like Alice in Borderland, Asou Haro makes an effort to include skills beyond first impressions. I especially like it when everyone has an occupation inside a text box.

Double-page supporter
At first I was trying to figure out whether they can go back to previous hall and use those shelters or not. Then I noticed that there was a mistake in chapter 2; In one panel, the door was close, where it wasn't in another panel. I'll assume they can't but there would be no room for a loop hole.

But if by any chances they can, there exists a loop hole, or I dare say, a solution to this game. Currently there are 6 players, 5 shelters, and 5 halls left including 2nd hall (assuming the game will continue until 1 shelter left). That make 15 shelters for a total of 5 round, which mean 3 people can survive if 3 people agree to die in this round and have people who want to survive use up their "death" cards.

2nd round (5 shelters)
3 used, 2 unused, 3 players survive

3rd round (4 shelters)
3 used, 1 unused, 3 players survive

4th round (3 shelters)
3 used, 3 players survive

5th round (2shelters)
2 used, 1 used from the 4th round

6th round (1 shelter)
1 used, 2 used from the 2th round

I think 3 players max can survive this game, which is so kind of a GM, and cruel because there has to be an agreement beforehand.

Dex-chan lover
@kenshirokensuke
I don't think that's the case (max 3 survivors), since the announcement mentioned "this is a game where those who you want alive, lives". That should be an implication that there's a way to let everyone comes out alive (or at the very least 5 of them) were the participants doesn't destroy themselves first.

Users who are viewing this thread