Alice in Borderland Retry

Dex-chan lover
When trying to remember the nature of the Heart Games, I remembered one story arc that I thought it was from Alice in Borderland, but it looks like I was mistaken.

It was set in a collapsing tunnel with two buses, and water slowly rising, and then there were alligators released. Among the 'participants', there was somebody who was some kind disabled, so the others leave them (and some who stays with the disabled) to their seemly impending doom. Bottom line, there was actually a way for all of them to survive it without sacrificing anyone.

But apparently that's not the nature of AiB Hearts game; it was the opposite.

Anyone knows which manga has such a scene? I'm having problem remembering it.

Group Leader
@xanketsu it's Alice in Borderland, the game is the "Four of Clubs"! 😁

The trick of the game is that it makes you think it's a "Spades" (because of the run), but it actually turns out to be a "Clubs", because all you had to do was help the injuried one at the beginning, staying in the bus.

In the YouTube trailer of the live action series of "Alice in Borderland" (coming on 10th December on Netflix) you can spot THAT BUS!

Im excited for this. Original series had its up and down but the uniqueness of the games kept this fresh and interesting. Looking forward to future releases!

Dex-chan lover
@Toti5292

Welp, looks like I wasn't completely wrong ... but how did I miss that one out? LoL

So it was clubs, not hearts. I guess that means Arisu's first game this time won't end in kumbayah then.

Currently have only read 2 chapters as I'm reading as it's translated.

Gonna be honest here... I don't think a sequel was needed. The first series ended perfectly and a sequel serves no purpose and makes The Borderlands seem less mysterious and special when it can happen again... Just like that.

That said... Given this sequel is short, I think it's fine enough. There's clearly only a few players. To keep continuity, they cannot bring in more people after this first game. There were a lot last time because everyone experienced the same thing.
So, my guess is this sequel will be short. Most likely made to promote the Netflix series and give a little bonus to fans. And that's great!

I just hope they don't try to drag it out. The writing was so well done in the original series, so I'm confident things will go alright. But it does feel a bit forced is all.

i'll give this one all the love I gave its previous predecessor, great manga, one of the best psychological of it's genre

Huh, didn’t know there will be a Netflix’s live-action. I thought the author is in need of money.
The Netflix adaptation probably gonna sucks anyways.

Group Leader
@4V29LN0n since Haro Aso retired from drawing I don't think he's in need of money.
I though that finally someone is giving this masterpiece the value it deserves, they're adapting it because it's a masterpiece.

Why are you saying that about the live action?
The trailer show us that it's faithful to the original source, the cast is awesome tho.

@Toti5292
since Haro Aso retired from drawing I don't think he's in need of money.
That's not logical. He could be running out of money.

Why are you saying that about the live action?
Because most live-action manga adaptation suck? And it's not like the people involved in this adaptation have a great track record.

Group Leader
@4V29LN0n he could use this franchise to make money before a live action series is announced.
Netflix'll pay him big money I guess, so this sequel is meant to be only for sponsoring the series, not for money.

From what I heard the cast in the live action is so good.
Kuzuryu and Mira are famous for a lot of commercial spots (like high-tier popularity level), Arisu and Usagi are both awesome and have a lot of fandom behind them, Chishiya, Karube, An, Niragi and some others are famous too.
The director is a big one!

In my opinion the trailer's so good tho.

He could be running out of money
I am pretty sure he is getting money off Zom100, Netflix adaptation and prequel sales. Last time I checked, all volumes were sold out on cdjapan.

Group Leader
A new trailer for the live action is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJ7nUvXUYA

Users who are viewing this thread