Alice in Borderland Retry

Group Leader
@Ricard10 why are you saying this? 😨

It seems faithful to the source material, the characters are nailed well, the cast is awesome and the main theme will be mostly unaffected (from a review that I read about the first 4 episodes).

Finally, some Netflix original which seems awesome, some live action that isn't sheeet, and this is what it gets? 😂

So, will this be a short series with only 1 game or can we expect multiple ones?
I bet it's going to be only one game, unless something happens with Usagi and she comes back to this world too. But my guess is as good as anyone else's. It could turn out to be a long one, but I just don't see it happening. Three, maybe four volumes long, judging by how long it's going to take for them to clear all halls.

Group Leader
@KyoHisagi what about the Joker choice to return to real world?
Even if Arisu "spawn" when the only remaining card from the full deck is "9 of Hearts", don't they have to win against all face/cards before?

Or maybe they'll make it only a dream this time(?), like nothing is happening for real.

Love it, looking forward for another chapter. I've been fans since the first series ( I buy all 18 volum, even buy straight from Japan last 4 volum because not been released at that time )

And super excited for live adaptation on netflix this December

I'm here done reading the prequel.
It's great and overflowing with emotions. And ouch, this stuff about life and death make me depressed.

Also, I don't like the art. It's weird....and doesn't near as grim as the main series at all. I wonder what's the plot this time? What's Arisu actual condition in real life? Because you know the idea behind this Borderland ..... ((stopped))

If it's only a game then it's fine, but goddammit Why someone would do a sequel in that manga?
I mean you could use another character, why do it again when the first one was great?
the art looks a little off for some reason.

@itdosentmatter
Why someone would do a sequel in that manga?
Promoting the live-action show.
I mean you could use another character
Already done. Called "Alice on BorderRoad", and it wasn't very interesting imo.
the art looks a little off for some reason
The artist didn't have practice in years. Zom100 and BorderRoad were drawn by different people. Haro Aso considered quitting drawing as a whole and drawing sequel only to push "Alice" as a whole. And he has every right to do so, this is very niche series and deserve to get a little bit of attention. I wouldn't call it a "milking" as a lot of people do. This is not Shaman King or Goblin Slayer with spin-offs being announced every day or Naruto with his "continuation" no one asked for) More like one more game, an epilogue to a great story, why not? I myself extremely happy about it.

@goronyanpai
What's Arisu actual condition in real life?
Is it a coincidence he came back to Borderlands at the same time his wife was giving birth?
Is it a coincidence he, once again, was feeling like he was bad at his life and his job and wasn't sure about what he has to do?
No. Of course it's not, come on.
You don't have to be a psychiatrist to read into this. Arisu had very shitty relationships with his father and, let's be honest, being a father is a lot of responsibility. Are you ponderind what I'm pondering?)

Group Leader
To anyone that is"reading" the raws, there's a spoiler theory I want to discuss for chapter 7:

Seems like in the next chapter Arisu will try to make Himari reconsider her choice by telling her about his family, that way he can obtain a life card from her.

Now I see why they showed us Nanase's past, she's the next that will die.

Supposing that in chapter one Kitou took dead man's phone.
The speaker said that you can't use your cards on someone who died in an alien invasion, but the dead man from the beninning didn't die because of the game, so his phone is still working.

Hall 4:
- Arisu and Himari exchange life cards
- Doctor give himself another life card from the dead man's phone (they will find out about the second phone)
- To finish life cards before the end of last turn, Kitou will give one of them a life card (maybe to dead man's phone)
- No one can use another life card, except for Kitou's secondary phone. So, in order to ensure win, he's not gonna give a life card to Nurse
- Arisu, Kitou and Himari enters a shelter

Hall 5:
- Kitou gives them a death card with dead man's phone and his phone
- Kitou exchange life cards with dead man's phone
- Arisu and Himari exchange life cards to nullify death card effect
- Kitou enters a shelter

Hall 6:
- Kitou's the only one left at this point
- Kitou exchange life cards with dead man's phone
- Kitou enters the only shelter
- Kitou win the game

Is there a way for them not to die?
Arisu said that there was something strange with the rules from the start of the game, maybe there's another big hole that we can't see yet?

DAMN!!! [ch.8 spoilers]
I NEVER expected this plot-twist!!!
Did he... what? How?! I need to read this chapter, but I don't understand Japanese!!
Buckle up, shit is going to become crazy!!
I wonder if anyone is going to say "sequel doesn't deliver" after THIS.
*keeps refreshing in the waiting for chapter 7*

“Put a little bomb in a hot-ass damsel, blow stuff up, and make people die. Squishy. Squishy squishy. Oh, daaaamn girl!”
Just ignore that if you don’t know what I quoted.

Why the hell is there a sequel. Imo the prequel was fine on its own. Alice aint getting a break jesus

2 months later, people still ask why there's a sequel 😑 Should there be a disclaimer or smth, Jesus...

Group Leader
@bejad007 Liar Game is awesome!

@KyoHisagi we're in the Discord group of the translator (capibara) and we already figured out how things in chapter 8 were done, this sequel is so good so far.
Maybe we're wrong but I think we've got the ending of this "9 of Hearts" too in the spoiler discussion.

For everyone who's concerned about a sequel: yeah, Arisu had a lot of trouble, this could be only to promote live action.
But as soon as the author's the same, Haro Aso, just trust him and that's all.
That man is a genius. This manga is a masterpiece.
If there were no sequel I would have ask for more, "Alice in Borderland" is never enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread