Alice in Borderland - Vol. 18 Ch. 64.1 - 731st Day of Restitution

Dex-chan lover
Awesome read. For the people that didnt like the ending, its because most people dont remember moments when theyre clinically dead. In most cases they say its darkness or if theyre religious they create a false memory that supports their beliefs as they near the end. Basically the author is just basing it off what might happen if there was a big even where several hundred people experience it.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the people saying the ending was an asspull. In the end, what was and why did that ghost-like figure do this? Was it to grant the players' wishes? Was it to fix the players' broken hearts? What it just because?

I don't understand because there's so many random villager A's among the players that still needed help or had wishes but died too quickly... Too unreasonably...

Happy endings are nice and I really wanted these characters to have one, but this story doesn't make sense with one. I'd even be fine with them living their happy ending inside a capsule because it'd make more sense

while I understand that the purpose of the lost memory trope was to reflect the experiences of what people who have experienced clinical death/near-death feel, it undermines the character relationships for me.

I believe these last few chapters should have been dedicated to Arisu and the others regaining their memory, and actually continuing their relationships in the real world - relationships that they developed through a separate world filled with “higher phenomena.”

that would tie in nicely with the idea of a shared network between human consciousness that the last game explored.

or maybe I’m reading into this too much.

I would say the manga was enjoyable but if some of the questions were answered here would be a better sense of closure... at least for me

I read through it waiting for an answer but after finishing it I actually really liked how it leaves almost everything up to the imagination. Very enjoyable read

Fed-Kun's army
I quite liked enjoyed this series and the pacing wasn't too bad. The variety of characters were good and I quite enjoyed each of their development, the side stories were really good in helping to flesh them out. Not too fond of the ending because of the whole memory loss trope but I liked the theme of this series that it wasn't too half-assed as well.

it was a nice ride, end was a bit dissapointing, but at the same time it was fitting.

@sotong_can_kill absolutely... i finished the series and needed the rest of the story... i read the whole thing in just 2 days.

Came here after watching the Netflix show and I binged it in two days. I am actually glad it ended this way. It perfectly depicts the literal fight for your life when you are on the verge of death. It was more or less those who were willing to live or physically still fit enough survived and those who weren't either gave up / or their bodies in real life gave in.
Through this it was also easier to digest his friends deaths. I would have been pissed off if it all was just a game of a bored psychopath. But maybe thats just me.

@r_amiza Agreed with you. I think those near death moments it's like willing to live or survived from himself, that's the whole concept of the game. About those people died in the game randomly for no reasons, maybe they were unlucky to survived in the real world.

Anyway it's a good work and I have fun reading it after watched the series from Netflix. Thanks for the Author and who translated this.

Go, Live! - Fire Punch

pretty good ending to be honest when you consider what the story is trying to tell

Mnx

The games were really fun! The ending was a bit weird and is difficul to accept that all the games were just a near death experience. Not very satisfying conclusion to the games but im glad the characters had a good ending

Just read this all after watching the netflix show! I'm a bit sad we didn't get to see more of their lives and how they changed after returning, but I think it's a good ending. a little bittersweet, but good!

It's a little bit bittersweet, I would say it's good to see that the characters have their own happy ending even though, some of them aren't.
Anyway, the ending wasn't that bad, even though it's a little bit of a rollercoaster of emotions. Though I could say I proud of myself to read this until to the finish only in one day.

Users who are viewing this thread