Alien 9 Next

Contributor
There is no MAL nor MU page for this at the moment but apparently manga has only 3 chapters, from xPearse site:
This started in December in 2015 and ended in August 2016
Well, we'll see how it escalates. 3DCGI and very chaotic, non-Tomizawa panels and pacing brings out more of webtoon than manga feel from this chapter. I can't say I like it.

Contributor
I recognized those eyes as soon as I saw them, and I was right. This is the same artist that drew Battle Royale II; I remember this artist mainly because their art was a weird contrast to the first Battle Royale manga adaptation's. That was years back when I read it, so it's a real flashback just to find another work of Tomizawa's now.

Power Uploader
@cerebropodrido: I think it's less that his art hasn't aged well, and more that this is just his art being filtered through CGI dogshit.
At least the original Alien Nine was actually hand-drawn. This is just a travesty for the manga world. Really glad it was canceled after three chapters.

Dex-chan lover
just stick with the OG Alien 9 and dont bother with the other stuff

honestly what was the point of this, every sequel of the original was worse than the one before

Terrible compared to the original, and worse than even emulators. Whatever hes trying to go for with the CG, it isn't working. None of the charm his art style had comes through l

Supporter
When the original Alien 9 was a 100 chapter story told in 30 chapters, this one is the same but with only 3 chapters. In medias res is one thing, but this here is just confusing from start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread