allow preload of chapter length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we're losing the legacy reader, can we get functionality parity?

The new reader only allows preloading of 20 pages max in long strip mode. The legacy reader allows the full loading. Some stick with it for this reason alone. It can be useful if you have unstable net where it is prefferable to load all when you can, or just to not see so many loadings as you scroll down.

Also an option to move the sidebar to the top so it isn't forcing images offcenter even hidden, but that's less important and i think the top bar can do everything the side bar can?

And also another go to chapter discussion at the bottom of the page like the legacy reader. Because you know, you visit that after reading it, not before.

It isn't loading everything in long strip. It loads as you scroll down. You can spend 5mins reading the first 3 pages and you'll get loading scrolling down.

Arguing tachiyomi is better is more supporting what said than refuting it?

In any case getting md to improve their reader is better than telling people to go mobile+use 3rd party reader, but i guess it's an option if nothing else.

Maybe i'll just turn on those 1chapter userscripts and get mistaken for a bot again, sigh.

The few pixels throws your balance off cause it's just slightly offcenter, not majorly. You end up subconsciously thinking something is subtly wrong. I'm sick of shitty web design too.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@deltarayedge It doesn't load as you scroll down, that's just completely wrong. If your user settings are set to preload 0 in the reader while not on MD@H, yeah it'll do that. The default setting while on MD@H is to preload the entire chapter regardless of what you set your preload to. Even if you're not on MD@H it'll preload ahead of where you are, otherwise it wouldn't be a preload.

Is it heavily rate limited or something? On a 20+ pages chapter I can reliably see loading by reaching the ~17th page even if it took~ 4 mins to read that far.

It loads much faster on legacy long strip barring the dead pages.

I don't know where the md@h toggle is.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@deltarayedge No, it's not rate limited. I can spam through 500+ chapters and it'll all load just fine. Nobody else is reporting issues. If you're having issues, I recommend you get help on our Discord channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread