Am I Your Daughter? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Wow- five groups on the same manga- this must be popular... can y’all translate a manga called “Daybreak” ?

You know, a girl running away from her dad isn't necessarily indication that she is being abused. I mean that kid meeting the girl for two seconds and running away with her is kinda unwarranted. Sure the father tried to capture her with soldiers, but like...idk. This is just convenient for the protagonist rather than realistic.

@RubyG8396 How is helping someone who’s vocally asking for help when you have the means to unwarranted? Also how would he even know it’s her father (which he actually isn’t) and not just a bunch of armed guys pursuing a kid? That’s realistic behavior for anyone who has some honor and isn’t gonna close his eyes and walk away when he sees a little girl clearly scared enough to jump from a moving carriage.

@blob The not actually knowing if that was her father thing was actually a valid point. But kids are disobedient sometimes and cling to adults that are more likely to sympathise with them. Depends on the age though. I more expect that behaviour from a 2-3 year old. My point is, a kid running away from their parents, and who knows, maybe as a rich aristocrat he's more likely to get his servants to catch his daughter rather than himself...actually I don't know enough about the world and setting to say that....

Either way, I think it's convenient to the plot that the boy IMMEDIATELY knew what was going on, and as a little boy no less. I didn't get to the rest of the story so maybe there's a reason for why he's so knowledgeable at his young age, however, for me right now with my current knowledge, he's acting kinda strangely.

Users who are viewing this thread