Am I Your Daughter? - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

thanks for the update and for your work so far!

hope that there will be significant character dev't from mc soon, but I can't blame her if it takes more time. progress takes time. she was abused from such a young age. i'm actually surprised that she can carry herself so well

anyway can't wait for the next chap

Double-page supporter
This makes no sense. The countess at least should realize that if the emperor himself got involved and went to such lengths to steal the Duke's daughter and return her to the count, there must be something special about her. The maids and such should also know she's not some random child from the street. The duke himself claimed her as part of his family, and it's clear he did not expect the result that the public test gave out. Anyone with half a brain would at least suspect foul play. And that there will be a follow up, that the duke will not just give up. That being the case, they should be able to grin and bear it at least until things calm down. If she tells the people that are fighting for her that she is being mistreated, it's going to give grounds to the duke to take her back.

Sure, the countess may want that, but she should really talk to the count about what he wants the child for.

@Ivegotnolife Right? Someone raised like she was would have some serious developmental issues. I'm actually baffled how many people in the comments don't understand that.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, the Duke is taking out that baron's kid. She collapsed for no discernible reason. "Paying them back in the same coin."

@kursedkaiju @Ivegotnolife agree with you both here. Its actually upsetting the way so many people are failing to recognize that she never actually got a chance to grow up. she only grew up to be 18 physically so I don’t understand why going back into the past is supposed to suddenly make her smart and sharp and have normal social skills? her mental and emotional growth was not only hindered but possibly stopped so its very fair she is still a child and still acts like her physical age self because that really is who she is given everything that’s happened.

usually in the community I always see people empathizing with characters who’ve suffered like this but there’s barely any consideration for mc here and everyone is straight up ignoring the fact she never got the chance to grow up so this second life isn’t something she can actively take control of, outwit people and become free, especially not with the trauma of her abuse and as a child herself.

@luffys Also one more thing that confuses me, even without having developmental issues almost all 18-year olds I know of aren't exactly as rational/smart as people expect them to be. Hell, I'm way past 18 and even I'm not sure I could handle the situation she's in that well either.

Dex-chan lover
@luffys
It's always the same with the reincarnation tag you know.

People always the MC if she/he adopt a childish behavior.

@luffys @kursedkaiju @Ivegotnolife @nobile Thanks for your comments. Was a bit annoyed with the people who called MC retarded. Like man, that's a bit harsh... have you never heard of PTSD and age regression or mental developmental delay as a child caused by abuse and neglect. All could have a negative effect in her cognitive skills. Plus it's obvious that she's still fearful and anxious, which is understandable given her traumatic and stressful past experiences that she endured throughout her 18 years of life before her current one, so I don't expect her to think all that rationally. And honestly it's because she knows what her life was like before and how it ended that she's more fearful and anxious. She's desperate to escape her fate and that desperation can cloud her thinking.

Thanks for the work so far and I look forward to seein the work from the team who will be continuing this. :D

@kursedkaiju that's true. being 18 doesnt immediately make you mature or a proper adult or anything either. there's just a really weird expectation of mc here that second chance at life immediately means she'll be super smart and know everything, like even know how to read the room and complex situations either politically or with relationships and be able to do things herself according to whats in her best interest. I understand that there are way too many stories with second chances where mcs do actually act stupid and thats generally bad writing, but this one here is honest and realistic writing from someone in her situation and I think it's been written really well so far. It's probably all the child mcs who are suddenly very cunning and sharp and overpowered as a child after transmigrating or reincarnating that's given everyone this expectation, but that's not the story here and so everyone has ended up angry.

@Kingdo I understand that but its really so unfair for our fl here. I dont see her as a weak or stupid mc, not everyone is able to healthily overcome trauma so soon either and because of her second chance at life the audience has forgotten that she is still a child and has been, even in the past where she died at an older age. I just wish people could consider her situation properly before criticising her or the writing when they are the ones forgetting this very important detail.

@Manganime You're right about that as well, her own knowledge and fear for what she knows is coming is also playing a huge role in her ability to heal from her trauma first of all, she is constantly living with the fear that she will end up in that same situation again. also, everything she is experiencing so far, like all the positive interactions she has had is also very new. she isn't used to receiving love or care she has such low self-esteem and image issues from her abuse as well, so I really don't like it when readers get annoyed by her having the same shocked expression, it's like making fun of her for being surprised that she is deserving of love and care when its something she has never had before and died so horrifically because no one was there to care for her and protect her ? this story feels very nuanced to me with her characterization so Im looking forward to see how she eventually heals and learns that being loved is normal and becomes more confident and gets a real chance to live as a happy child and grow up properly and the backlash against mc gave me a whiplash because how does everyone not see the obvious here?

@luffys Facts! Glad i'm not the only one who sympathizes with the MC. I'm also looking forward to those happy moments! Can't wait to see her get spoiled :D

Also yeah, I noticed a lot of comments about the open mouth "shocked" expression she often make and how people are annoyed about it. But I didn't even notice she did that a lot until I saw so many people complain about it in previous chapters. I was always just focused on the story and how adorable I thought she looked in her outfits lol.

@Manganime Yeah those comments were so disheartening to read 😭 she is veery adorable, and even her little shocked expressions are cute. She's literally a baby and I wish she would get more love from the audience. The story isn't even bad I think its been good so far but I think even the average rating on here went down I'm pretty sure I remember it being 8+ 😭

i'm just... why the count is so persistent to adopt mc if he's just going to neglect and lock her up later

also thank you for the 3 groups for the hard work <3

@luffys Yeah, sometimes I feel I shouldn't bother reading the comments anymore because so many negativity about the MC.. and it just makes me sad if not annoyed lol.

I agree! I like the story and I look forward to future chapters. Really hope we get more wholesome chapters soon though because that's what I look forward to the most. And she is just so precious, I don't like seeing her suffer. TBH, I don't even think of her as a young adult anymore, despite the author reminding us of that fact, all i see is a cute powerless little girl and I just want to protect her lol.

Users who are viewing this thread