Am I Your Daughter? - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Question: has the years of abuse in her previous life led to some form of permanent cognitive impairment?

Her thoughts seem unlike an 18-yo and her way of thinking, her logic and conclusions, seem very simplistic...

@RobinMedea while that would be convenient, I'd have to disagree. Earlier it said that she "lost consciousness in the fire" and then "woke up on her 7th birthday". She even says "how did I go back in time?"

Also, your argument about remembering when you were 7 doesn't make sense. Sure I might not be 7 now, but I was 7 before - I've lived and experienced life and my mental state at 7 years of age. Similarly her body may not be 18 now, but I doubt her mind regressed to that of a 7-yo simply because she's no longer 18 physically. She's still lived and experienced life as an 18-yo (or 17-yo I guess since she died on her 18th).

Seriously, I thought that "age does not equal to maturity" would be a common sense, and yet here we are, keep using her age to justify everything that is "wrong", ignore the other factors.
And too many take lightly of the abuse and its long lasting effect on a person.

for those who noticed the castle, wow you guys have an amazing memory! it's embarrassing to say but I read those webtoons that were mentioned and I didn't even notice the similarities on the castle lol

It seems that a lot of people here seems to take lightly of trauma and its impact on a person's life. 😐

I’m willing to let her immaturity slide as even thoguh she’s suppose to be 18 mentally, assuming that she was completely trapped, with no real education, interaction and abused, her mental development would be extremely impaired

However that poses the question that if she didn’t burn to death in the house and was actually released at 18, how in the world would she be able to survive on her own at all if she acted even a bit like we see her do.

dun dun duuun the famous castle's comeback ! And here i thought that this webtoon woud be an exception !

Contributor
@Ibanez:

Just what I was thinking! It's only the third series I've seen that darn castle so far, personally, but you'd think everyone would pause for a second before using a stock model with such extraordinarily distinctive and unlikely architecture... Or is it an agreed-upon convention now XD

Though I wasn't expecting this one to be an exception, mind: The amount of vaguely-familiar-looking floral decorations and filigree (especially a certain distinctive set of pretty lilac-y/pastel-coloured flowers and berries that I definitely recognize) floating around here already suggested to me the author is fond of the strategic use of third-party art.

If this keeps up I feel like we need to make some sort of fan mythology for The Fancy Castle. (Maybe it reincarnates.)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with this castle. I swear it's in at least a dozen manga I read, if not more. Why? Why the heck does everyone think using this one horribly designed castle is a good idea? Uuurrgggg..... It's starting to drive me insane with how often I run into it. It actively makes it harder to enjoy the story, the first time it pops up like this in a series, because I'm so busy screaming "whyyyyy" in my mind I can't focus on what's going on. And I'm totally being over dramatic here, but at this point, I feel like the castle deserves it.

To me, it makes no sense to get angry at her or reject/complain about her immaturity yet, give her time until she gets nourished both physically and mentally, and then we can talk. Or does anyone here thinks that abuse is easy to overcome? Because aha, she's an 18 yo girl inside, but age means nothing if u haven't had the opportunity to live and compare at least one thing with another. Age per se is not what makes us smarter, more aware, or mature; age does imply biological and neurological changes, but we don't get formed as people until we experience education (in our daily lives, academic education, and emotional education). So just let her be for now; if she's still like that when she reaches maturity then let's get angry, lol.

For now, she simply doesn't have the conditions to be any different, she lived all her life trapped, abused both physically and physiologically, with no opportunity to interact with anyone aside from her abusers, no opportunity to see the real world, and not even a garden. Years of imprisonment and abuse leave big psychological scars and effects. Yes, I'm a bit surprised as well as how simple are her thoughts, how she's only craving for freedom and she's not adding more to her speech, but it makes sense. There are people who went to prison (there are different terms for this in different countries) at a very young age (basically children) and get released at the age of 18 and experiences exactly the same.

Just-give-her-time!!!!

Fed-Kun's army
I guess she's just hyper dumb since she's lived 18+ years without reading a book or any social skills.

Group Leader
"Let's just do a blood test!"
wait what?
How advanced is science in this medieval fantasy/renaissance setting?

Why are people insulting the abused traumatized little girl who lived locked away and was burned alive just before she was old enough to escape?

The lines before the title just read like "and the ingredients... Are locally grown!!"

Double-page supporter
@Allexio

I love it when stories do things like that, you think it's a standard fantasy and boom, blood test and forensics exist.

My favorite is "Sleepy nights in Demon king Castle". It's supposed to be a fantasy but suddenly there are TV adverts for nano-bead pillows, and Suya tries to phone-order it from the Demon king castle.

Users who are viewing this thread