Amaesasete Hinamori-san! - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Guess I don't have to expect any more progress between the main couple now that this gremlin will show up every chapter most likely <_<.. Really don't understand why so many GLs see it as necessity to have one forceful gremlin 😐

Dex-chan lover
Well this pretty mich confirms that author destroyed this series,since it looks like little blond girl will show up every chapter now… Little blond girl is so fucking annoying that she makes the series go from 10/10 to 2/10. Why do GL authors always do this?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Oh, it's serialised now? It… wasn't before? Then how did it mange to get a MAL entry?

Dex-chan lover
Well this pretty mich confirms that author destroyed this series,since it looks like little blond girl will show up every chapter now… Little blond girl is so fucking annoying that she makes the series go from 10/10 to 2/10. Why do GL authors always do this?
I mean, it's not so much a GL thing as much as it's shoddy writing in rom(com)s where authors introduce a love triangle because they run out of ideas to postpone relationship progress with.

Dex-chan lover
The adorable fools starting to get on. Soon they'll be happy sharing attention and before long headpatting each other as well. Then we're into the good ending.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's not so much a GL thing as much as it's shoddy writing in rom(com)s where authors introduce a love triangle because they run out of ideas to postpone relationship progress with.
Not to defend lazy choices, but the introduction of a side couple or love rival is pretty much part and parcel for a standard romance beat. I personally blame the publishers who won't take chances on series that don't have a level of predictability (and by extension, profitability).

Staying zoomed in on the main couple without any external forces requires a good author who puts effort into character work, and that's honestly a big ask from your average mangaka - not to belittle the medium but using the visual aspect as a crutch for mediocre narration is a longstanding issue in manga, and the exceptions are often illustrator/author teams versus your standard solo mangaka.

If these folks wanted to, I wholeheartedly believe they could write a captivating slow burn romance without artificial plot extensions, or at the very least treat the side characters as more than a simple vehicle to push and develop the main couple. (In this series, Hinomori is literally just a reskinned Yaya with a pinch of tsundere added. There's nothing to her character beyond "competitive with mommy issues").

Sorry for the long ass comment, I just feel like this issue in the romance genre is so unnecessary, but until the way marketing and publishing changes it's going to be the norm until more "alternative" plotlines become consistently successful.

Users who are viewing this thread