Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 11 Ch. 116 - A Major Turnabout

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian
Thanks for the excellent work, and permission for dice gods if it happens.

To anyone who's confused as to what happened - the shares Edo collected from the older seamstresses are from Pixy's IPO, Initial Public Offering. Typically, when a company first offers public shares, it only amounts to several hundred or maybe a few thousand. However, as time goes on and the company wishes to raise more capital by issuing more shares, it typically divides what already exists into more shares - each person who already holds shares technically doubles what they have, but have the same percentage of the total; shares individually lose their value, but the company as a whole can increase that with the resulting capital from allowing people to purchase the shares.

Let's say you had 100 shares worth 5% of the company to start with - if the company divides its shares in two, you then have 200. If they do it again, you have 400; so on and so forth, but still maintaining the 5% of the total number of shares (unless they sell them). So the hundred-or-so each lady had was divided / multiplied many, many times to get to a total value of 160,000. So in this way, the old seamstresses held a total of approximately 3-5% of Pixy's shares, which was just enough to sway the odds in the Chairman's favor.

Also of note, I'm happy to see the models again. I actually quite like them.

That was a nice save by Edo and the ladies but I guess the quick thinking process isn't over yet ... It's time to call in whatever favors they got... But luckily the turnmoil didn't interfere with first part of the original plan. My fear was that they had canceled all the prior engagements made by the chairman's team..... And nice save? Taking no chances with Edo's touchy feely hands

Fed-Kun's army
whew fairly simple chapter this time, cant wait for the next one. as always thanks for translating

Thanks for another great update!

Loyalty is rare in corporations today. You know how awesome the chairman is because all the great things happened to people in his orbit. Minus the greedy son.

Edo entering with a wrist lock was on point. I also laughed the girls grabbed Edo’s arm before he caught the kid.

I like the color mix. Though I’d like to see the fashion show from the 3 models I’m color.

Dex-chan lover
Saintguardian, this company ethic is an old one, that we haven't seen for over 40 years or so; it's the one where you take care of your employees, and your employees take care of you in return. In fact, the power struggle between the chairman and his son is representative of that divide in mentality, as well; the son just wants everyone to do their job as he orders, like cogs in a machine, versus the chairman treating every employee like they're worthwhile. We've seen this difference from the very beginning, when Edo was working in the basement as a shipping/recieving/sorter. (Edit: if this comment is picked by the dice, you have permission to use it. Just don't include the bracketed edit!)

jak

Contributor
We can't have you turning on a child, Edo. That means he can never have daughters.

Thanks for the chapter @saintguardian
When i saw how Edo brings the stocks of that ladies i remember this
3XAWJJNC2FJ46EY3SMLXQ5OYZI.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So, there's a lot of moving parts in this chapter, financially speaking. Given that the translations have been excellent, the less than accurate portrayal I'll attribute to the author not doing quite enough research. But with that said, proxy fights like this are uncommon, but quite real, although the portrayal here isn't what I would consider up to snuff for multiple reasons.

First off, it's become quite clear that Edo is an incredible asset to the Pixy brand. For him to be declared as not part of any deal moving forward with the Nissyo group, shoud Pixy remain part, would kill Nissyo's drive to retain the brand. Yes, he's a single designer, but he's absolutely become the lead designer for the group. This is something that would absolutely be showing in quarterlies.

That aside, those shares are almost certainly not from an IPO as mentioned previously. Private companies can and do issue equity in lieu of pay early on. Those shares very frequently carry forward as separate shares past the IPO. In those cases, these privately issued-turned public shares very routinely hold significantly more value in terms of company ownership than the general issue shares that would be associated with the IPO. Some prominent examples include Ford, Berkshire Hathaway, and Google; the latter actually has three separate stocks listed in terms of voting and non-voting shares. So while Wakamiya is correct and those shares would have been included in any stock splits or new issuances, the more likely reason they carried so much weight is because they were simply written out that way in the company charter prior to the IPO.

So, next up is just a bit at the end, where there's discussion of restarting employee stock issue. Since Pixy is now it's own entity, spinning itself off from Nissyo group, there will be a lot of moving parts, as they'll basically have to reestablish themselves as a corporate entity. But the end result is that any shares outstanding will be rolled over into the new share issue by force, and the President will hopefully carry this out in a way to prevent it from occurring again. This goes back to what I'd mentioned previously regarding separate voting classes, or even non-voting classes of stock.

the fact the author make a conscious choice in Edo not touching the kid makes me lmao.

Group Leader
@BanditHadron Thank you again for giving permission beforehand. I appreciate it. You'll enjoy the next arc then. Far as I know, they continue on but the little one is included in parts of it. So that should be fun! Thank you for explaining how things happened in this chapter.

@Nestrac Never underestimate Edo's hands. It's probably the safe bet in this comedy manga. Yeah, they didn't cancel everything but they might have delayed things. We shall see.

@student4444 Thank you for commenting. The next chapter will be of a regular size so it should be a good one to read.

@Kaiser92 Lol, so true. All loli no touchie.

@Ren-chan I like to think of it as 30 million of trust and sweat. Trusting the person in charge to carry your future on and the sweat to earn the money to buy the stocks.

@Draugadrottinn The sign is original so it must be Mangaka's little touch. I was waiting to see if someone caught that. The only signs I modified were the ones above the crowd's head. So both signs are original. Wile is their number one customer so it's highly possible.

@Tbird90677 Your welcome. Loyalty is earned so the chairman earned every single one of their admiration. So it's a lot of work most people either don't know how to do or won't do. Often times, the CEO or chairman has absolutely NO clue who is working for him and never meets them. I plan to have the show in color and anything that "requires" it.

@Amariithynar Thank you for the permission in advance. I appreciate it. Yes, I agree that ethics is an old one but some companies are finding it easier for employees to pull extra shifts if they treat them well. Some are going back to treating the employees fairly but some employees are taking advantage of this. This is why most are going to the "cog in the machine" mentality.

@askance Thank you, Glad you enjoyed the color mix.

@Jak Dice gods have chosen you, can I use your comment?

@DjAlexDubCheck This chapter is in English. I double-checked and other readers confirmed it. If you mean as to what happened, BanditHadron and AnimeJ explained it in their comments.

@BirohVlad I have not seen that movie, which one is that one? It looks like Smith from the Matrix Trilogy throwing a dwarf. You are welcome.

@AnimeJ thank you for explaining this and your concerns. I agree the mangaka might not have done enough research but that's to be expected since this was made around the time Yahoo! was barely being born. I'm sure Yahoo! didn't have that much search back then. So they didn't have that good of research going on unless they hired a researcher. They showed that Edo made several times more than their other products so I'm sure the CEO was hoping to get Edo as part of the deal. I'm sure Edo would be loyal to the chairman and stay with the chairman. So yes, the CEO would lose him but was banking the other designers stay on board. He doesn't know that everyone would walk out. We will see how the CEO handles stock split up. We got a LOT of chapters to go so it is possible we aren't done with him yet.

@Pinealoupe It's all part of the humor.

Dex-chan lover
@@AnimeJ
To be fair, that's the modern method of an IPO. Pixy's an old company, and that method might not have been around back then - plus, plenty of companies have never done that.

Group Leader
@saintguardian In order to make amends for (accidentally) misdirecting you
I'll send you some uber-intriguing/attractive girl accounts:
they practically are real life hentai characters and I'm still amazed (a bit shocked even)
https://www.instagram.com/ReallySexyCyborg/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_ugKacslKhsGGdXP0cRRA
https://www.instagram.com/ms_puiyi/
https://www.instagram.com/morisakitomomi/

Users who are viewing this thread