Amarimono Isekaijin no Jiyuu Seikatsu: Yuusha ja Nai node Katteni Yarasete Moraimasu

If you are reading this comment your parents will d1e within 5 years. To undo this curse you need to copy this and paste it on 5 other manga. i'm so, so sorry,please forgive me
not gona do it, cuz whats dead cant die a second time

Dex-chan lover
With all respect, but didn't translation is bit off? Really have feeling that it's machine translation

Everything about this is a bit off. The cleaning and typesetting is really awkward and lazy too. You can see a lot of places where they've just filled the old text box with a colored rectangle and if it happens to miss some of the text it's just left. Or another place where it's clear that the cleaning is being done while the translating and typesetting are, so the english text is put into a box, then the joined box is cleaned and the white rectangle to block the Japanese text covers up some of the already-translated english.

The "group" (which appears to just be 1 person based on the credits) only dates back like a month so it seems like it's probably their earliest translation efforts and that includes mtl and what looks an awful lot like things being done in MS Paint.

I've certainly seen worse translations but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Dex-chan lover
It is most likely a machine translation.

The story seems mid, but it'd be more entertaining with a better translation. I'm dropping this. The translation is so bad that it's not worth trying to sort this garbage out.

I wish a more experience person or group handled this one.

Dex-chan lover
Generic isekai, kind of slice of life, mc got op skill but proceed not to show off, annoying goddess, etc.

Aggregator gang
I don't blame the translation, the story is already shit. Its so bad you could even call it "mid". It is a "mid" manga in true the sense of the word. HOW CAN AN AUTHOR BE SO LAZY!? I feel bad for the person (or machine) translating this. 2/10.

I didn't have any issues. I'm not saying it's great, just that neither the TL quality nor story quality bothered me.

The plot as of chapter 5 is that everyone but the MC is dumb. That's a low tier plot, but this one takes it so far it wrapped around and became amusing. As in, they're parody tier stupid. I'm able to enjoy it by thinking the author intentionally wrote this as one big joke. As an example, the goddess was just dropping OP skills left and right because some kingdom kept begging and then she called the MC a genius for suggesting she only reward the people who work.

As for the TL, I really have no issue here. That can be taken with a grain of salt though since I'm someone who once read a thousand chapters of a web novel by using google translate on the host website. Just because I don't remember any flaws doesn't mean the other complaints aren't valid.

Dex-chan lover
The translation is so bad that it clashes with the mediocrity of the story.

I wouldn’t waste your time with this unless competent translators take over.

Dex-chan lover
I tried to give this anther chance and it's still not good. The translation is still very spotty and stilted and hard to read, and the typesetting and composition still has the same problems (obvious white boxes that are drawn over the speech bubbles. mistakes are seemingly drawn over top of instead of deleted and replaced and the fonts and resolution don't always line up. names are spelled or translated inconsistently sometimes even on the same page).

In 5 months this translator has put out dozens of chapters over like 10+ series and it doesn't seem like they've improved at all. That's... concerning.

Group Leader
I tried to give this anther chance and it's still not good. The translation is still very spotty and stilted and hard to read, and the typesetting and composition still has the same problems (obvious white boxes that are drawn over the speech bubbles. mistakes are seemingly drawn over top of instead of deleted and replaced and the fonts and resolution don't always line up. names are spelled or translated inconsistently sometimes even on the same page).

In 5 months this translator has put out dozens of chapters over like 10+ series and it doesn't seem like they've improv

In 5 months this translator has put out dozens of chapters over like 10+ series and it doesn't seem like they've improved at all. That's... concerning.
does it make you happy to trash on other people? cuz it takes me 12 hours to finish 1 chapter i simply don't have the time and energy to care about small details, you can literally read the chapter with no problems but because there was some out of line white boxs and some bad fonting it suddenly became bad? like please stop trashing on other people before you try it out yourself and see how well you do

Dex-chan lover
@SignApollo

I can't quote your post because you botched formatting the quoting of mine, so here we go.

I had a lengthy post prepped going into detail about my thoughts and rebuttals to your criticism/tantrum over my cited issues with the work, but it's just not worth it.

Does it make me "happy" to be critical of peoples' work? No, not really. It's not a matter of liking doing so. It's simply an attempt to point out the issues in something that's been done to see if it could be made better. Personally I probably wouldn't put out something of this level of quality at any point after an initial few releases. I would make an effort to get better so that I could be happy with the work I did. But that's me and what I would be happy with and what you're happy with are two entirely different things.

If you showed a desire or willingness to improve I could've probably helped you both write more fluently/understandably (because contrary to your assertion that everything is readable, there have been ongoing complaints about the translation quality dating back all the way to the first chapter) and improve your technical construction/layout on the chapters to fix those typesetting issues I cited in a way that would not only make the work cleaner but also probably take far less time than what I imagine you're doing (working in Paint or a similar program and pasting over your mistakes when they happen, thus having to do the same work multiple times in order to fix it).

but if you're happy putting out this incredibly rough and difficult to read content and have no real desire to fix those issues while also expecting everyone to only praise your work and not be critical, then I don't see why I should bother.

If there's an audience fine with reading this, more power to them. that's their choice. I don't fault them for doing so.

If you're happy putting out this level of content that's your prerogative and it's not up to me to change your mind once you've said as much.

You'll be happy to know that this will probably be the last time you'll see me since I don't think there's any point to hanging around this series anymore and I will likely also avoid reading anything else you've worked on. I don't expect that to mean anything to you, nor should it, except insofar as this is the point where this whole debate ends and if anyone else wants to pick up the torch and keep going then I'll leave it to them.

Group Leader
@SignApollo

I can't quote your post because you botched formatting the quoting of mine, so here we go.

I had a lengthy post prepped going into detail about my thoughts and rebuttals to your criticism/tantrum over my cited issues with the work, but it's just not worth it.

Does it make me "happy" to be critical of peoples' work? No, not really. It's not a matter of liking doing so. It's simply an attempt to point out the issues in something that's been done to see if it could be made better. Personally I probably wouldn't put out something of this level of quality at any point after an initial few releases. I would make an effort to get better so that I could be happy with the work I did. But that's me and what I would be happy with and what you're happy with are two entirely different things.

If you showed a desire or willingness to improve I could've probably helped you both write more fluently/understandably (because contrary to your assertion that everything is readable, there have been ongoing complaints about the translation quality dating back all the way to the first chapter) and improve your technical construction/layout on the chapters to fix those typesetting issues I cited in a way that would not only make the work cleaner but also probably take far less time than what I imagine you're doing (working in Paint or a similar program and pasting over your mistakes when they happen, thus having to do the same work multiple times in order to fix it).

but if you're happy putting out this incredibly rough and difficult to read content and have no real desire to fix those issues while also expecting everyone to only praise your work and not be critical, then I don't see why I should bother.

If there's an audience fine with reading this, more power to them. that's their choice. I don't fault them for doing so.

If you're happy putting out this level of content that's your prerogative and it's not up to me to change your mind once you've said as much.

You'll be happy to know that this will probably be the last time you'll see me since I don't think there's any point to hanging around this series anymore and I will likely also avoid reading anything else you've worked on. I don't expect that to mean anything to you, nor should it, except insofar as this is the point where this whole debate ends and if anyone else wants to pick up the torch and keep going then I'll leave it to them.
wasn't that hard was it? if you knew I was trash then why did you read my chapter in the first place like you could have avoided me but no you have to come in here and start talking like you have 30 years of experience translating manga like my scanlation is not perfect and it'll never be perfect but i don't think it's that hard to understand the dam text that your reading even if there is bad ts and font like please if you ever see any of my work ever again and still think it's bad then click off the chapter and go read something else, you don't have to comment on it okay?

Double-page supporter
God, it really hurts trying to read raw MTL text. I tried giving this an honest go, but when I got to the part that said "beetles are G's with opinions on their heads," I knew it was time to throw in the towel.

Before you bitch at me for calling you out for being shit, maybe put that effort into increasing your level of language comprehension instead. Learn to take criticism instead of getting defensive.

Group Leader
Real they bullied bro so hard he quit translating the manga. So people just aren't appreciative, they just take the extra step to add the comment and waste their time and ruin somebody's day. Then they be complaining why the series hasn't been picked up. It takes me about 4 hours to translate 1 chapter with 24 pages so it makes me a bit disappointed. But at the same time, the cleaning process and translation was a bit rushed. It doesn't take much to change the translation into something that people can read better. And the person did just put white and ignored borders so I don't like that sloppiness. At least don't have the border covered up.

Users who are viewing this thread