An Angel's Love At First Sight - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Me

Aggregator gang
Bring back Robo-maid! Less yandere crises, more tsundere maids!

Dex-chan lover
I swear, these authors never understand the reality of angels, demons, heaven, and hell.
I don't think they even attempt to to in the first place. They see some cool foreign culture, do minimal research, fill in the blanks in accordance with their own sensibilities, and it's a miracle if the end result actually resembles the source material. Happens all too often.
To be fair, this example in particular perhaps isn't common knowledge to most people, including the average lukewarm Christians.

I swear, these authors never understand the reality of angels, demons, heaven, and hell. People can't "become" angels. (If you don't believe in any of this, that's just fine, pls don't bother with the "well its not real anyway" comment)
well said. Though i think sometimes it's also referring to the Japanese oni, which afaik are translated as demons, even though they actually arent identical. We could go on and on, but suffice to say, take mangas with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
MC had realized that seeing people happy to get help and doing good actions were his reason to live, but it was too late, yandere angel had decided to bring him in the eternal paradise as quick as possible.
Maybe she just wanted to avoid him going astray again or falling for a human, or maybe angels reflect their human age and didn't want him to get older.
The bad part is that angel-chan removed a good person from the world after they realized they could do more good.

Dex-chan lover
I swear, these authors never understand the reality of angels, demons, heaven, and hell. People can't "become" angels. (If you don't believe in any of this, that's just fine, pls don't bother with the "well its not real anyway" comment)
It's not real anyway

Also, I have no god damn idea what you were even thinking leaving this comment. THAT'S where you draw the line? An angel comes down to earth as a cute girl, kills a guy, and then you draw the line at the implication that he might have become an angel? How do you get here?

Dex-chan lover
I don't think they even attempt to to in the first place. They see some cool foreign culture, do minimal research, fill in the blanks in accordance with their own sensibilities, and it's a miracle if the end result actually resembles the source material. Happens all too often.
To be fair, this example in particular perhaps isn't common knowledge to most people, including the average lukewarm Christians.
Understandable 100%

Dex-chan lover
well said. Though i think sometimes it's also referring to the Japanese oni, which afaik are translated as demons, even though they actually arent identical. We could go on and on, but suffice to say, take mangas with a grain of salt.
Yeah frfr

Dex-chan lover
It's not real anyway

Also, I have no god damn idea what you were even thinking leaving this comment. THAT'S where you draw the line? An angel comes down to earth as a cute girl, kills a guy, and then you draw the line at the implication that he might have become an angel? How do you get here?
Haha, all good man. The framing of the story is just fine for fiction, and he DOES actually become an angel as per last chapter. Angels appearing on earth is consistent with depictions, but manipulating humans and killing the innocent is not so you're right on that. Not so much "draw the line" as a general frustration with angelic and demonic depictions in manga. Others agreed with me on it but its fine if you don't. That's how I "get there" then I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread