An Incompetent Woman Wants to Be a Villainess: The Young Lady Who Married as a Substitute for Her Half-Sister Didn't Notice the Duke's Doting - Vol. …

Dex-chan lover
His plan was to find a bride for show then throw her away. He may be doing it in a straight forward manner and not adding a kid to the mix, but it's basically what his dad did to his mom.
Yes, but he's upfront about it. hesnotthesame.jpg

more like the person who bought that necklace has higher or similar status as the duke.
That makes it a matter of status, not money, though.

Dex-chan lover
In case people want to know, about the duke's father.
Spoilers from the novel, so if you proceed, you have been warned

He will appear in the second arc (second novel arc)
He's a shallow, irresponsible bastard. A very unpleasant character.

Is he the worst? No. Is he malicious towards the duke or Avril? Not really.
But he is an uncaring womanizer. He never cared about his domain nor the people within. He never did jack shit except having fun with his lovers. He never cared about the duke's mother either, and when she became unwell he just ignored her.
And also, he's pretty fucking dumb too.

I really dislike that entire arc solely because of him. He has ZERO redeeming qualities

Dex-chan lover
I wonder who bought the grandma's necklace... I initially thought the ML or his associate bought it. But now it's reveal that they didn't.

Supporter
That makes it a matter of status, not money, though.
The "necklace is quite expensive" is an excuse for "sorry, I'd love to assist but we can't do what you requested" (to bought necklace back or give him their name) because in next panel, the duke thinking "it's not working even with using the duke name? , must be people with certain status"

hence why the duke asking for previous seller name instead of buyer.

Dex-chan lover
If Prince or his fiancee did get the necklace, does this means we'll see more teasing Avril hours?? :win:

Holy cannoli. The Duke is actually smart enough to figure out about the necklace and its possible significance to Avril. Wonderful. I'm used to MLs who are more dense.

Users who are viewing this thread