An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Rv8Txew.png

Dex-chan lover
Yup, I want to know how things are gonna turn out when the cat gets out of the bag

...the MC knows is a dare, but she doesn't know that the MC knows, so I'm curious to see how it would go.
it wouldn't really make sense for there to be any drama unless something in chapter 1 was lost in translation. the punishment game they set up is basically "you're bad at dealing with men and don't have a boyfriend so try dating the guy in our class who you'd be the most compatible with for at least one month." there isn't even an expectation that they'll break up
and the male lead was present for the entire conversation. him having any reservations at this point would be weird

Dex-chan lover
it wouldn't really make sense for there to be any drama unless something in chapter 1 was lost in translation. the punishment game they set up is basically "you're bad at dealing with men and don't have a boyfriend so try dating the guy in our class who you'd be the most compatible with for at least one month." there isn't even an expectation that they'll break up
and the male lead was present for the entire conversation. him having any reservations at this point would be weird
I don't think it was "most compatible with," and leaned more towards "date the loner kid in the class who's probs the most harmless,"

Which in and of itself doesn't seem too bad to me. But I have also seen the trope in other manga and such come up where it is still seen as an insult and bad act. But probs a cultural aspect to it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm talking about the female lead, the MC know about the dare, but she don't know that the MC knows, so the MC is fine with the situation, but she isn't aware of that.

Fed-Kun's army
Nanami's whole family already wants to get Yoshin into the family (mom already thinking of him as future son-in-law, Saya already addressing him as big brother). And lol, the interactions between Nanami and Yoshin are just more sugar overload.

Wonder why Nanami went with THAT approach first to treat Yoshin's cut finger instead of say rinsing his hand in the sink. Had her mom not come in, have to wonder how long Nanami was going to stay that way.

Dex-chan lover
Still waiting for her to confess the truth so that they can actually start a proper relationship. :pepehmm:
Imagine what a trainwreck it would be if Yozhin just preemptively admitted he had heard every word of the dare and only agreed to play along to get some dating experience, then broke up with her.
It's even a bit of a shame it's not that kind of a story.

It was framed as a punishment game, with Yozhin chosen precisely because he was seen as an outcast, and thus going out with him could be a punishment in itself. That wasn't Nanamis' friends actual goal, and yes, Yozhin just happened to overhear it, but from Nanami's point of view at the time, that was absolutely the case.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
from what i remember she talked to someone and decided to keep the dare a secret and make things official on her end(she thinks the MC don't know about the dare, so if she keep the secret and treat the relationship as real then the relationship is real)
I think the initial plan was for Nanami to date Yoshin for one month and then break up with him. They assumed he would think he was lucky to be able to date Nanami for one month, and the breakup would've been just due to incompatibility. The concept of the dare would stay hidden.

Given that Yoshin overheard everything, including the girls wanting to keep the dare a secret, he just went along with that and decided not to reveal what he knew immediately.

Her friends wouldn't mind if this became real, and after the first week, Nanami is all on board with this relationship continuing past the month. The snag is how to reveal the whole dare thing to Yoshin. His knowing everything may bail them out of significant complications, as Yoshin shouldn't get mad at them, given that he knows everything already.

Dex-chan lover
I think the initial plan was for Nanami to date Yoshin for one month and then break up with him. They assumed he would think he was lucky to be able to date Nanami for one month, and the breakup would've been just due to incompatibility. The concept of the dare would stay hidden.

Given that Yoshin overheard everything, including the girls wanting to keep the dare a secret, he just went along with that and decided not to reveal what he knew immediately.

Her friends wouldn't mind if this became real, and after the first week, Nanami is all on board with this relationship continuing past the month. The snag is how to reveal the whole dare thing to Yoshin. His knowing everything may bail them out of significant complications, as Yoshin shouldn't get mad at them, given that he knows everything already.
The new plan is to reveal everything on the 1 month mark and accept whatever the MC decides after hearing the truth

My memory was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread