An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I know Youshin is not stupid because I've seen spoilers from novels, tho making it on a different chapter on manga makes you think he is stupid because the handicap is not revealed
Well I'm satisfied with this so far, looking forward more, and thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
ngl Peach can get dumped in a landfill for all I know, she almost murdered someone. I'm here for the diabetes

Dex-chan lover
I'm more or less convinced peach is the girl who dumped the bucket of water. I know there's a web novel but I haven't really read it. But I'd be willing to bet she holds a grudge against fmc for something that happened in the past.

Contributor
That third "handicap" was all important and I'm glad it was there. Nanami's free will was respected in the end and I'm satisfied she wasn't treated like an object with no agency over her life. I'm surprised the jock senpai agreed to it, and I hope we never see him again.

Peach can be jealous all she wants, but she's a coward undeserving of a shot with him if she can't even face Youshin in person to deal with her feelings. She hasn't really done anything other than be pissed off at him in-game, has she?

A lot of people are speculating that she's the girl who dumped the bucket during the confession scene, and I'd say that makes sense. There's not a lot of plausible choices as to her identity at this point. I doubt she's the school nurse, for one thing. It just doesn't line up. (But if I'm told that Baron was the school nurse, I might actually believe it)

Dex-chan lover
She definitely goes to his school. Might be the girl who tried to dump the bucket in the beginning.
This is making too much sense. If this is the case, it might turn the possibility of what seems to be an accident into an actual attempt to harass her

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the source material (is it LNs/WNs?) so I'm just guessing here. So what I think is that both of his guild mates are people from his school. maybe the guild captain (?) is one of her friends or the nurse?

Dex-chan lover
Presently, it Peach who's trying to toy with Youshin's feelings. She's basically trying to sabotage Youshin's relationship, wich really has got nothing to do with her. She's going quite a bit beyond of just saying "be careful".

Group Leader
For teaching him how to shoot before the contest, basketball bro seems like not such a bad guy when not objectifying women.

That third "handicap" was all important and I'm glad it was there. Nanami's free will was respected in the end and I'm satisfied she wasn't treated like an object with no agency over her life. I'm surprised the jock senpai agreed to it, and I hope we never see him again.
While we can clearly see that it was a rigged game, to the extent that this entire competition was honestly pointless if not detrimental to the narrative, I actually do see why he agreed to it. His basketball skills are not only very valuable to him but also a majority of his peers, girls included. To give jock senpai the benefit of the doubt that he's a character rather than a walking plot device, the third handicap is not something he'd have a problem with. If you look at his behaviors and motivations he pushed for this competition really hard less because he thought his crush was a trophy to be 'earned' and more because he wanted to make sure that seeing this really attractive (according to his peers) side of himself wouldn't change her mind.

His insistence of 'winning' her in a competition then in turn could be read as less as a purely misogynistic sentiment that a women's opinion doesn't matter and more the poor phrasing of an immature kid with limited emotional intelligence lamenting that she never got an opportunity to see his good and desirable traits before getting in a relationship and wishing for an opportunity to show them off in case that would change her mind. Sprinkle in a competitive drive and a touch of media of all kinds showcasing these kinds of competition, and the idea of 'winning' her in a competition is probably the only idea his mind could come up with to allow him to show off his skills in an environment where she might choose him instead. Once she demonstrates that this won't change her mind (via this third handicap), it's now clear to him that even if he confessed earlier she wouldn't have been interested in him so he should back off entirely. He's a teenager so this really isn't too outlandish, and ultimately would make the third handicap a non-issue for him as this competition is less trying to 'steal' her and more an extremely fumbled courtship attempt.

Dex-chan lover
It was a stupid chapter, period.

MC is dumb for agreeing to it in first place, then not holding to victory condition.

Jock is a misogynistic stereotype, period.

Nanami is dumb for not speaking up in the first place after MC agrees to duel - you don't want to be objectified, then don't agree to the terms regardless. MC agreeing is just perpetuating the problem to begin with. You're with him, he's with you. Give the jock the finger and keep on truckin'.

JM&J it's not that hard people.

Clipboard01.png

Users who are viewing this thread