Anata ga Shitekurenakute mo - Ch. 47

Fed-Kun's army
If the three of them met together (Niina, Michi & Kaede) I think Kaede would instantly figure everything out. I want to know Niina's expression after learning a) Kaede came to work and b) she met with Michi.

...is You starting to win me over slightly?? Ugh. I’m confused. Michi, Niina, Kaede and You have all had separate breakdowns now. I wonder if things can really start healing.

@ yumian I think people’s dislike for You isn’t the fact that he cheated it’s more his personality and how he has been treating Michi in general. And unlike the others his change in actions don’t feel as genuine because he hasn’t really explored why he did what he did. It’s more like he’s doing chores as quiet punishment and deflecting so that topics no longer focus on their relationship. We have seen Ninna, Kaede and Michi have periods of genuine self reflection. At least that’s how I see it.

All four have contributed to the breakdowns of their relationship. Non are 100% angels and it would be ridiculous to think that. It’s a little unfair to attack Ninna’s character like you have though. If I remember correctly Ninna did try to start conversations it’s just that he was blatantly ignored or Kaede was physically absent. It’s difficult to communicate in general if your partner isn’t willing to listen or even physically be there. So you can’t say it’s 100% his fault.

Also weird to single out Michi as “ruining” Ninna’s marriage and not also including the opposite.

@yumian
i kind of wonder why "homewrecker" is only attached to women. Niina also had a hand in the cheating right? its not like miichi suddenly up and seduced him. they were both in depressing times and they found solace in each other. and they both made an active decision to cheat. i think its unfair to say "miichi ruined kaedes marriage" since all four of them ruined their own marriage.

Dex-chan lover
For people who blamed Michi for Nina, remmeber that an affair need two people, and both Ninna and Michi are responsible in this. Stop blaming only the woman and let the man do what they want. The only "innocent" person here is Kaede, but her neglection with her husband also plays a role here. Real relationships are more complicated like in this manga, not like in other shoujo for teens. That's why even it's fruistrated, I still find it very interesting and realistic. Yes cheating is bad but things are not always black and white. People always make mistakes so instead of accusing who's right and who's wrong, just wait and see how they learn to fix their mistakes. They could break off everything to start all over or forgive each other and learn from their mistakes. I'm looking forward to their development.

@cozynot the term “home-wrecker” can actually apply to anything. Like gambling addiction could be called a home-wrecker. It’s really just anyone/anything that breaks down relationships. But yeah I agree I tend to see it used more on women in movies, books etc. Like it’s usually a wife calling the mistress one in a fight.

So yeah if Michi’s marriage falls apart after her affair is exposed then Nina is also a home-wrecker.

@ponta666 totally agree. Yeah after reading a lot of the comments people really see this story in black and white terms. Which they shouldn’t, it’s more complex than that and it’s one of the reasons why I enjoy this story.

@Thejobbernowl ...is You starting to win me over slightly?? Ugh. I’m confused. Michi, Niina, Kaede and You have all had separate breakdowns now. I wonder if things can really start healing.
That is how you know a story is really good, since it develops characters way beyond their basic stereotypes.
Take You for example, we all thought at first that he is there as the classic sleezy, scummy husband whose only role is for us to hate.
But what if that sleezy character suddenly changes so much that it will not make it easy for us to hate him anymore? A question we are not used to since it almost never happens and the reasons are simple: manga characters are usually simple, "this is the character you are supposed to like, this is the character you are supposed to hate".

Even with You the people hated him for like the past 40 chapters because of a single significant mistake on his part, since it was hard for them to admit that such a character is redeemable, but most of them probably have mixed feelings by now. Those mixed feelings are not easy to digest, but they should not be made easy in the first place by simplifying the characters. Of course the reverse is equally possible, as the characters we were "supposed" to like suddenly show up their collected dirt.

So yeah, props to the author for a story with actual real characters 👌

@ponta666 @SleepyAbra Yep, we've been had, surely none of us saw this story coming at first when we were rooting for the two cheating partners to be together and leave their "irredeemable" spouses, lol. This is how hard we have been conditioned to think of stories and characters in very simple terms 😌

@Leonhart93 I would argue that I actually don't hate You due to his cheating so it wasn't just a single significant mistake. I didn't like him because he took advantage of Michi and then constantly blamed her and hurt her for trying to keep working on their relationship. Kaede is the same with Niina. Both You and Kaede had Michi and Niina cooking and cleaning for them and leaned on them for support while completely ignoring them both physically and emotionally. Now that he's putting effort in and finally reaching out to Michi I'm softening a little to him. He clearly has deep seated issues and is incredibly awkward. I suspect he also probably has struggled with depression to a certain degree considering how checked out of their marriage and his life he seemed to be.

I agree that the character development has been good and subtle. I don't think there's necessarily "good guys" and "bad guys" here. They've all made big mistakes and backed themselves into a corner of self-hate.

@Thejobbernowl I will also add that Kaede dependence on her partner is not quite on the same level as You. She actually did her own thing and didn't expect him to be something that he isn't.
Even more, we might perceive Kaede's focus on work as something so bad because we saw it through Niina's eyes. I am sure that there are countless cases when one would be happy that their spouse is focused on work and they are completely free of financial issues as a result, since normally they might be prone to wasting time or lazing or fooling around.

If we imagine a scenario where Kaede focused on him as much as she did on her work, she then would probably be nominated the "perfect" woman 😅. We know something like that is unlikely to exist, so in a normal woman something will have to be cut out. It's usually her career that won't be stellar as a result.

@Leonhart93 I don't know. I think both You and Kaede pretty equally were not willing to work on their relationships at the beginning of the story. Kaede 100% took Niina for granted. She's beautiful and successful and was so sure that would be enough. It wasn't. If you're ultimately not willing to show care and consideration for your partner then the relationship is doomed. It doesn't matter if you're a man or woman or rich or poor. The foundation is already breaking.

Fed-Kun's army
@SleepyAbra That’s pretty much why You is still the least sympathetic of the four. While he also made mistakes, unlike the others it felt like he was forced to work rather than let things just fix itself. That’s been his MO so far: things will fix itself.

Kaede realized that her workaholic nature is putting a dent in her and Niina’s marriage, Niina realized that he was taking his anger and frustration out on her when he kind of knew what he signed up for and even after when she tried to apologize and make things better, and Michi was being pushy and backed off when You told her off. In all three, they reflected on their mistakes, blamed themselves for acting in a terrible manner and tried to be better for it, but with You, we didn’t get that from him, at least on the same level.

Michi... I really wish you’d find out he also cheated real soon. That “I love you” thing, you suck dude. Sorry but I don’t feel sorry for You. Kaede took Makoto for granted because she’s too focused in work but Youichi as seen in many chapters, he often play games. Dude.. really?... you love Michi now after that sex with Mishiina.

Btw, I’d like to commend the writer, damn you’re so good.

@cozynot Except Nina didn't really ruin Michi's marriage, but Michi did ruined Nina's. Hence why I called her homewrecker. Nina's marriage was fine before Michi came to the picture, after which the relationship with his wife completely broke down. Mind you, I hate these two the most among all the characters in the series.

@SleepyAbra So far Nina hasn't ruin Michi's marriage (yet), hence why I only considered Michi as the homewrecker. I still considered it Nina's fault. Nina never loved Kaede anyway, hence why his attempt at communicating with her failed. "Nina and Michi having genuine self-reflection" hehehe what jokes.

@yumian did you read the same Manga than everyone? Niina's marriage was already dying. Meeting Michi just force him to accept it. He was more prompt to cheat than Michi. It is thanks to her that he tried a last time with Kaede but she totally disregard their wedding anniversary and kept working. Kaede's fault is maybe not as bad as the three other but she is still ripping what she sow.

Users who are viewing this thread