Ane no Tomodachi - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
she decides the pace of their relationship progress...its like the author assigned her that role maxed out her charisma and just steals the spotlight everytime she's on the scene :kek:
You honestly like his sister? To me she's just annoying

Dex-chan lover
Some people here are being ridiculous. Hina and Tsukko are best friends, of course Tsukko wants to spend time with her on her freaking birthday. Tsukko doesn't have any obligation to help her little brother (especially when he didn't ask), yet she still gave him a bunch of time alone with her best friend on a very special day. A day when she knew would rain like hell, mind you! If anything she was a saint this chapter. She could have been there from the beginning. Plus it's her house, why shouldn't she come home?

It's on little bro to not be a gigantic wimp and squander the opportunity. He had plenty of time, just didn't use it wisely, and Tsukko obviously isn't a wizard and can't know if things went well or not, she probably just trusted he would make a move in the extra time she gave him (which again makes the failure his fault).
hmmm
sister route? :thonk:

Supporter
Yeah I think the author misstepped in making the two already so fallen for each other to the point that they basically have no excuse not to be dating, that they have to constantly reach for excuses to interrupt their relationship progress otherwise the manga's gonna be over in a volume. It would've been easier for the author if the two were further apart and they could spend time depicting how they grow close (e.g. like in the fucking GOAT SoL romcom atm Ogami Tsumiki)

On top of that, they haven't yet come up with any other real inner pathos or character development that the characters have to work on first which leaves "oops, sister" as the only tool in their repertoire at the moment, but it starts to stain the sister's character in a way since she keeps being used to hamper the MC.

(Slight tangent, but you see a similar issue with the "wife" character in live action TV shows -- like in Breaking Bad or Walking Dead, the writers end up accidentally using one character as a foil for elements of the main character too much and suddenly fans go "god I fucking hate Skyler" and the writers are like "??? Skyler did nothing wrong! Walt is a bad person and has murdered people!! Why don't you like her???" and well, it's because the protagonist is our POV and Skyler is constantly used to block or irritate him so obviously that gets projected onto the audience, regardless of morality. If she were the protagonist this issue wouldn't exist, but she isn't and storytelling structure and pace matters, so here we are.)
In the oneshot i believe he didn't have romantic feelings for her (or was the opposite i forgo), idk why the serialization went with both being into each other

Double-page supporter
In the oneshot i believe he didn't have romantic feelings for her (or was the opposite i forgo), idk why the serialization went with both being into each other

Preserialization, he had feelings for her, then she gave him a kiss on the cheek at the end. Story seems to be building off that.

Also, noticed this bit from the preserialization. Wouldn't be surprised if the older sister still has this view, and is why she keeps on getting in their way:

image.png

Just a reminder, the girl is in college, and the boy is in high school. I know weebs are allergic to the term "pedo" but it exists, and it goes either way, no matter the gender. Don't go hating on the sister now.

Double-page supporter
Blame the author if anything.
The sister isn't a real person, but a fictional character the author's entirely responsible for. We're already blaming them.

I love how people in these threads completely excuse the absolute failure on the little brother's part, like the fact he's been in love with this girl for ages yet somehow has not managed to confess his feelings once and keeps purposefully being obtuse with her from the moment this manga began
What? He literally has no issues telling her she's beautiful, even dropping a 200-word essay straight to her face about why she's great. Both characters are just dense and convinced it's some sort of familial fondness on the other's part, so we're stuck with slow, kind of idiotic, but comfy progress. It's cute, entertaining, and it's what made the twoshot blow up in the first place.

They're both fumbling on their own, they don't need other people to get in the way. I'd be frustrated with MC if he spilled his spaghetti and bullshitted his way outta there, or with FMC if she went "lol tehe~ just kidding~" and made the MC even less confident that they had something going on; but the author elected to use the sister instead, so of course I'm going to point my finger at her.

the sister coming to her own home like usual is somehow cock blocking that deserves scorn. Lol. Lmao even.
Because it is. She even texted her brother saying she can't get home. Lo and behold, she gets home right before they (most likely) kiss.

Right now, she's an obstacle with perfect timing and the whole "I could've had the day off" shit is just the author's way of softening the blow by acting as if she was helping out. The sister's smug for absolutely no reason and it rubs people the wrong way.

I'm not going to pretend to be grateful if my wingman went and helped me score only to barge in midway and blue ball me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Next chapter in May? Is this a short serialization that's ending maybe? Raws were weekly, before a 3 week break, and now over a month break

Aggregator gang
Look sister, do you wanna help or not ? Chose one damn it ! :pout:
She gives them alone time then interrupts important moment. :notlikethis:
I think she is just trolling her brother. :pepehmm:

Group Leader
Reminder there cannot be progress before chapter 20 for this type of manga.

Next will probably focus on the new girl.

Dex-chan lover
It's more of that shit from before. She is both cock-blocking and also pushing them together. This series and character both need to make up their goddamn minds

Dex-chan lover
Some people here are being ridiculous. Hina and Tsukko are best friends, of course Tsukko wants to spend time with her on her freaking birthday. Tsukko doesn't have any obligation to help her little brother (especially when he didn't ask), yet she still gave him a bunch of time alone with her best friend on a very special day. A day when she knew would rain like hell, mind you! If anything she was a saint this chapter. She could have been there from the beginning. Plus it's her house, why shouldn't she come home?

It's on little bro to not be a gigantic wimp and squander the opportunity. He had plenty of time, just didn't use it wisely, and Tsukko obviously isn't a wizard and can't know if things went well or not, she probably just trusted he would make a move in the extra time she gave him (which again makes the failure his fault).
I disagree MC spent it wisely. He's not sure of the relationship since FMC called him her little brother. He's trying to find out if she's changed her view of him and before sis came in she made it clear that it might have.

Big sis is best.

Users who are viewing this thread