Angel or Villainess - Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
Rant, ignore me:
This trauma is so plot specific.
Cause there's no way she hasn't seen pink dresses on other girls she's talked to right?
Dresses, accessories. There's no way.

She reacted so strongly to the room so her face must show some dislike even to seeing it, even if it's not like this where she saw the dress on herself.
It definitely wouldn't be fine in normal conversation.

It's details like this that irk me. I wish it was consistent. Whatever, it's a story I guess.
Also, ty for the update

So...mommy was probably the bad guy the whole time, and played Angela like a fiddle? Not to take away the fact that she's two-faced scum.

@Aurantix literally the only thing that is unjustified regardless of context is unconsentual sexual activity of any kind. I think you are forgetting that the person in question is a murderous, psychopathic monster that deserves neither sympathy nor understanding. She isn't just a "bad person" she didn't scam someone by pretending to be a nigerian prince, she fucking used mind control and murder. Honestly, it's entirely deserved and justified. This is 100% not a reason for it being terrible writing.

Another thing is that it isn't "petty superiority" its revenge. You seem to have closed your eyes while reading half the fucking story

i guess jayna didn't know the extent of angela's distate for pink.... well, more than distate now it's clear this is trauma omg

lemme guess, that dude prolly has 3rd stage cancer so he cant eat stuff what other people give him but he eats her cookies since he didnt wanna be rude or tell her that he was gonna die soon and thats prolly why he said that this was his last festival?🤔

I'd feel bad for her if she didn't ruin mc's life in life #1 and if she wasn't planning on doing it again in life #2.

Plus the fact that she murdered mc's mom

Sorry but past trauma does not negate inflicting harm on an innocent party. Just because she went through something before doesn't mean she shouldn't be punished for her current actions.

@Aurantix oh does Jayna know it was ptsd? I thought Angela hated pink just for preference only actually.. I didn't know there was a reason :<
---

Thanks for the chapter! I wonder if her reaction has any link as to why Angela hates Jayna's family very much.. edit: I accidentally read a spoiler, man I wonder how long this manhwa will run to explain everything.

@Vericost

It's not.

Here's the deal, while Jayna may not know what the reason behind the strong reaction is, the author does know, and is deliberately showing it, in order for us, the readers to know.
It would've been a completely different thing, if they had spared us the flashbacks and kept us as ignorant as Jayna.

I have an issue with this narration choice.

By doing this, the author changed the position of Angela from "bitch with undetermined issues" to "victim, with very specific issues".
It does not make her a better person, nor does it change the fact that she's evil, it doesn't even redeem her, nor justify her enough for us to understand her. It just makes her a terrible person, who seems to be a victim.

It's just terrible writing.

My guess is this.
Dane is the first prince mentioned in earlier chapters. Angela became the second princes lover, and empress, while the first prince was sickly and died early on. Jay barely interacted with the second prince, and likely never even met the first prince at all.

@reanseih While most of the supposed translator's notes in this chapter seemed entirely unnecessary ― especially the one regarding a time traveller vs. an omnivorous bunny, as you said ― I should contend that the note regarding the notional day was appropriate on some level. There are certainly more than a few people capable of not understanding what that might be, including those individuals whose native language is English, ignorance being such as it is.

@Gurgling, maybe she reacted this way, because she saw herself in the mirror, it's like she was wearing that pink dress. But you are completely right, it would be hard for her to not react to other ladies in pink.

lol just put this bitch in a room full with pink without a door, she might just die from it

I read a spoiler on why Angela hates pink.

Apparently Angela's mother loved Jayna's father, but he didn't love her back. Angela's mother ended up marrying Angela's father who was abusive. Angela's father would force her mother into pink dresses and beat her, which eventually ended up killing her. Before that, Jayna's mother visited them and they both got jealous that Jayna and her mother were living a lavish life so Angela decided to poison her. After Angela's mom died, her father forced the pink dress on her and abused her.

Users who are viewing this thread