Angel or Villainess - Ch. 6

Contributor
I'm used to these having something more than revenge in them.

Is this... it? I suppose I can tell it's well done for an indulgent, ends-justify-the-means revenge fantasy, but... All that's going to be left at this rate is a bunch of corpses.

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari
I'm used to these having something more than revenge in them.

Is this... it? I suppose I can tell it's well done for an indulgent, ends-justify-the-means revenge fantasy, but... All that's going to be left at this rate is a bunch of corpses.
Yeah after the last chapter I was gonna comment on how it's full of psychopaths, and kind of argue that Rona and Angela haven't done anything yet so it's unfair to plan to kill them indiscriminately... Ofc after this chapter it's clear they plan to take advantage of our Lady's outward kindness here so yeah now it's warranted...

But it's just revenge, not really about the kingdom or any other higher aspiration like all the other stories... Just cold, brutal revenge... Kinda falls a bit flat so far imo

Contributor
@Nogoodimaginativename:

Eh, even now, Rona's death-worthy deed is, insofar as I can tell... what, some sort of deranged mild corpse desecration she might do in the future? And being the confidant of the wrong person, and saying not-nice things, I suppose.

Not things I'd normally warrant capital punishment for, even without the "punishing people for things they haven't done yet" aspect. Though they are things that are understandable for provoking the protagonist's wrath, in a human sense, at least. But we're distinctly talking revenge birthed from anger, not anything remotely resembling justice, at this point.

So apparently Angela hated Jayna because her "sympathy" felt like ridicule yet she has no problem using her tears to garner sympathy in order to get what she wants (to save her maid)... Yeah...

this is like the villain with the hourglass or something but not as good. I can understand why she's helping her, but like couldn't you just EXPOSE everything about her instead? make it so that her manners are awful, force her to stay in the pink room, frame rona for it and have her arms and legs LOPPED OFF. but no she wants to be her "friend" her "ally" when she could have already been dealt with.

Couldn't she just tell her dad to look at the magic dragon necklace and tell him about going back in time?

If she learned laurel before she died because she was suspicious then why was she shocked that Angela betrayed her?

Users who are viewing this thread