Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu. - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - Diary 37

Dex-chan lover
What a bitch thing to say considering that she isn't going just for being lazy and carefree and yet she push the topic on Nozomi even promising to take care of Shino just so she could go and have a bad time? bad personality? nah that's just being an asshole... That person reminds me of a family member, always going around trying to tell people how to live their lives but not fixing her own. If you think a wedding of acquaintances is so much fun then go yourself O_O

uggh... She really pissed me off today hahaha, aaah... But LOVELY color pages.

Edit: I DIDN'T NOTICE THE SPOOKY SKELETONS!

I dont know how to feel I dont want that they need to meet new ppl I want they end together and happy

Dex-chan lover
@Lucky168 I agree. Ritsuko is not really tactful and can be an asshole but she does care about Nozomi. Nozomi does need to sort this "dependence" business because in the long run it will not only fuck with her life but with Shino's too.

Aggregator gang
@Serenata Honestly I think what Ritsuko said was less about Nozomi not wanting to go to the wedding and more about her not being honest with herself. She's revolving her life around Shino to an unhealthy degree, being extremely clingy and using her as her reason to do anything. In Nozomi's current state, the more independent Shino becomes the more problems it'll cause the two of them, so Ritsuko's trying to make her aware of that. She's definitely being an ass about it, though.

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor @Lucky168 yeah, I think this manga is about closing wounds and facing hard facts, for Nozomi and Shino as well (I feel like we haven't touch that part of Shino at all and we're all focused on Nozomi but Shino must be hiding all her sorrow inside) but coming from Ritsuko who is so carefree, thoughtless and not even in a relationship herself it really rubs the wrong way! what does she knows about losing a loved one or losing all your close relatives and being rejected by the rest of the "family"? from her high horse it must look easy to move on, they have not been together for that long yet and they're trying in their own way to carry on with their lives.

In fact, what would count as "continue with her life" for Nozomi? facing the fact that her husband is not there anymore and Shino is a totally different person? living apart from one another? or finding a new boyfriend? I REALLY HOPE is not the later but I wonder what Ritsuko thinks.

@Serenata I completely agree, at this moment Shino and Nozomi need each other and it's not really up to Ritsuko who has no idea what each of them are going through to decide that Nozomi just needs to "get over it" and move on. From the outside looking in to Ritsuko 6+ months probably seems like enough time to grieve and move on but Ritsuko isn't the one going through this it's Shino and Nozomi and everyone grieves and moves on at their own pace. @Keansor I can agree with that as well that Nozomi should try and live a somewhat normal life and not revolve it completely around Shino but at the same time people grieve and deal with things in their own way so it's not really up to Ritsuko to decide when Nozomi should be honest or move on/grieve since as I said above RItsuko has no idea what either of them are going through and the pain they are experiencing.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata

Just regarding the finding a new boyfriend part. I, personally, would ultimately like to see her form a new romantic relationship (I'm not on the yuri ship). All those stories where the woman "stays faithful" to their dead lover are depressing as fuck imo. It may take a few years, or even longer, but I like to see them being able to stop living their life around a person who is no longer there; which is something that this manga thankfully seems to be going for with the independence and breaking free from dependency narrative.

Dex-chan lover
@MacMeaties that's fine, even if you like yuri or not, we agree that is too early to enter a new relationship in order to "move on" it would feel more like replacement at this point, filling the void with somebody else ... if we can deal with their internal problems instead that's better, if she wants to try a new relationship later that's good.

On one hand, I don't think you can force someone to end their grief; OTOH, you can point out what they're using for a crutch just to remind them that they can't make excuses forever...

Edit - Can someone humor me and check that whether or not 'Colonel' can be versed as 'Taisan' (it was versed as 'Taisa' on Wikipedia...)

Warning wall of text in spoiler.

Just curious, why all the hate towards Ritsuko? Out of everyone in the cast she's probably the one who knows the most about what Shino and Nozomi are going through. It's been shown several times that Ritsuko and Taishi have been close friends for a long time. Based on the flashbacks alone she has probably known Taishi for 3 or more years longer than Nozomi has. Combine that with the fact that Taishi died while she was in America there is probably some lingering guilt. She even wonders aloud if things would have been different if she was around when he died.

As for what Ritsuko says to Nozomi about the wedding invite as well as about being dependent on Shino, it is completely called for. Nozomi appears to be in the process of self-destructing right now. She's on bad terms with her parents, fighting with her mom and not talking with her father much. She's putting more into work and dealing with more stress from work. She's been in a daze several times just thinking about the fact that Taishi is not around and that she can't see him anymore. Even her relationship with Ritsuko is being strained by her self-destructive behavior. What Nozomi is doing now is pouring all of her energy and feelings into looking after Shino since Shino is the strongest connection she has back to the man she loves. It's like she is thinking that the more she focuses on Shino and work the less time and energy she'll have to keep thinking about the fact that she lost Taichi.

This leads into the dependency problem. So far all three, Ritsuko, Shino, and Nozomi herself, have made note that Nozomi is heavily depending on Shino. Since Taichi's death Nozomi appears to be lost trying to find something that grounds her position in her web of relationships that she reassembling. Before, the center of her relationships seemed to be defined by the fact that she was friend/boyfriend/fiancee of Taichi. But, with the removal of that center focus she has a hole that she's using Shino to fill. Since, Shino isn't Taichi though, Nozomi is worrying about who she is to Shino every time Shino does something that looks like she's pulling away. Nozomi is internally fighting between wanting Shino as a keepsake of the Taichi she lost and wanting Shino as the sister-in-law she is. But, just like her thoughts about how she lost Taichi, she bottles those feelings up and gives more of herself to Shino.

What Ritsuko is trying to do by calling out Nozomi on using Shino as an excuse is to push her towards the answers she needs. Nozomi has been doing her best to try and deny the current state of everything around her. The only way she can even begin to heal is to accept that Taichi has died and Shino is not a replacement for Taichi. Then she can finally stop self-destructing and be independent once more.

@Sylvanader we all agree Nozomi's behavior isn't exactly healthy and I agree she does need to change some of her behavior especially when it comes to Shino but not much time has passed since his passing so it's understandable that Nozomi is still grieving. Also as far as Ritsuko knowing him longer than Nozomi that doesn't exactly mean much considering a husband passing is very different from a friend passing plus people grieve in different ways and for different amounts of time. I'm not saying that Nozomi should stay as she is like I stated above but Ritsuko pushing her to move on quicker than she's ready might not exactly be helpful but we will see what happens.

Dex-chan lover
I'm way, waaay older than Nozomi, & as a widower nearing the five year mark after my wife's passing, I can say that Ritsuko is talking out of her ass. I didn't experience the deep, bitter, 'screw up your mind' kind of grief until almost a year had passed, so Nozomi is still in the shock phase of grieving. Since Shino also lost Taichi, those two would naturally mutually support each other. At this point, I don't see it as unhealthy. I was kind of grateful to be able to run on autopilot for a couple of years, using my job & books as a way to fill my days. Of course, it could eventually degenerate into unhealthy dependency, but with Shino starting to change her life (ah, the resiliency of youth), I think Nozomi will finally start to build a new life. But a bumpy road still awaits both of them, regarding to dealing with their loss & lack of vision for the future.

I guess maybe Ritsuko actually loved Taichi but because the only wish he ever Asked to Ritsuko was to help him being Nozomi's boyfriend, Ritsuko then been a cupid for them.
Maybe Ritsuko is also in much griefing or even if she is not.. I feel she is a good person..
Maybe that kind of friend that Nozomi most needed now..
Maybe Ritsuko now is on Japan not because she is lazy. Maybe she tossed her job because she is worried about the woman Taichi loved and Taichi's little sister.

In fact, what would count as "continue with her life" for Nozomi? facing the fact that her husband is not there anymore and Shino is a totally different person? living apart from one another? or finding a new boyfriend? I REALLY HOPE is not the later but I wonder what Ritsuko thinks.

In my opinion, facing and accepting that her husband is already gone but living apart from Shino? I also hate it. I wish Nozomi will loves Shino like real and best sibling, not because Shino is needed to fill the void Taishi left like now because in the end the one who will hurt most is Shino!
Finding a new boyfriend yea in the end it's okay but even she doesn't try to find one ( I don't think staying faithful to a dead lover is an unacceptable worst choice ), as long as she really feel happy with that choice then it's okay.
I jumped in happiness when Mai decides to keep loving Eugene who had died (in Ghost Hunt).

Users who are viewing this thread