Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu. - Vol. 8 Ch. 71 - Diary 71

Dex-chan lover
Don't let the yurifagging vs anti-yurifagging distract you from the kino paneling in this chapter. Some of the perspective used are actually good

Dex-chan lover
As far as i'm concerned, peoples are free to ship if they want. Call them retarded is disrespectful.

Haha, that's always the problem with subtext. People want blatant ambiguous homoteasing to go places, so they ship hard, but since nothing is defined for real - development like that feels like turn away from the payoff people want. It's mayhaps wrong to overreact like this, especially when the chapter's good and has lots going for it, but it's obvious where this comes from.

And the reality probly is, the author will keep just teasing as always and nothing will change, even as girls grow more and more as people.

Dex-chan lover
Well, looks like a lot of the comments are fights so I won't bother reading the first ones, but finally... I knew that she was running away from the subject, she wasn't running away from the brother's image or his memories but everything surrounding his death, and it hurts of course, so much.
Now what comes next would be the most incredible conversation that Nozomi and Shino san could have but.................................. first they have to deal with the misunderstanding of "what were you doing with that guy? where did you go and why u didn't call me?" so now I'm super looking forward to their talk but first they have to deal with that and if the ring pops up first then it's gonna get even more harder.

Thanks a lot for the translation once again, I always brace myself before reading and this time it was necessary .............Also, people, stop acting like kids -.-

I'm not entirely sure why there is so much vitriol toward people and they're "shipping". If you are so angry about "yurifags" ruining whatever you got out of this chapter simply ignore it. Getting your unmentionables in a twist over someone else's passion towards one relationship over another seems like you just kind of want to be an ass.
Having gone through the grieving process many times myself and watched others do the same I know that everyone deals with their grief in different ways. I think Shino dealt with it in the way she felt she needed to. I'm not sure why it would take someone else for her to reach an epiphany and that is the part I didn't care for in this chapter, but it worked for her and she can hopefully take some steps forward rather than being stuck in place. This should have a profound and, hopefully, positive impact on her relationships with those around her as she won't be stuck seeing things from the perspective of someone who's waiting for someone to walk in the door who never will.

Dex-chan lover
@Naiko
I'm always all for a story not making some arbitrary tags its core identity and taking whichever direction it deems necessary for the most character growth or the most interesting development possible
but still, i've always been interested in seeing this specific (younger sis - sister in law) relationship dynamic go all the way, whatever that means
i haven't read all the chapters, but has there been any moment up to this point where the sister in law (onee) seriously examines their relationship and the potential feelings from her husband's sister? just wondering

Lovely art
--
@Pyoro But I gotta say, I don't really like when characters grow through external people lecturing (advising, counseling, etc.) them about something. Sure, it sometimes make sense, but in moments like this one I'd much rather have Shino coming to the realization on her own.
Very true
--
I think the real problem for this episode is not whether it sink the yuri ship, but rather the fact that pathetic young boy lay his damn hand on our dear princess shino.
It is rude that young boy dare to lecture our beautiful shino even though he was the one who hold on the damn ring for a year. Kidnapping shino out of school without telling her what is his god damn problem beforehand. It enrage us to see that our goddess to shine her grace - her incredibly beautiful smile onto this distasteful person.
--
I don't understand the realisation that "my brother is dead", how this enlightenment come to be. I don't see any element of her deceiving herself either. If there is something I missed, someone please, let me know.
--
@tigerstar186 Well that was a shoddily written few chapters. Hopefully the manga gets better again.
I hope so too

@WillTell Something like that. There are a few steps in between but acceptance and hope is the last one. Oddly enough tragic over-eating is not in there. Probably should be.

Dex-chan lover
@Pyoro

I advisedly referred to “distinctive indication that Shino or Nozomi felt romantic or sexual desire for the other”. I had seen the covers, but I looked again, and the aforementioned indication is not there. I had seen the extra material, but I am not going to go on a wild goose chase; if you can more reasonably point to something, then I'll look; but I'm pretty sure that aforementioned indication is not there either.

There are people who think that they've found gay subtexts all over the place, for example in the interaction between Laurel and Hardy or that between McPhearson and Lydecker in Laura. It's seldom actually there. The notion that people of the same sex only pair on a basis of sexual desire is something inculcated in an earlier age largely by latent homosexuals attempting to prove to the world that they were straighter-than-thou; but that notion has been widely embraced by those who find homoerotic relations especially compelling.

Double-page supporter
The recent chapters had really made me feel.
It is really hard to lose a love one and accepting their death is not easy at all, especially in her case. She lost all of her biological family. This manga is too good.

@Pyoro
I honestly think Shino wouldn't have come to terms with her brother's death on her own accord anytime soon, so the whole being snapped back into reality by another person seems like the most natural thing that could've happened without it feeling like the story is dragging on too much.

@25mg12 You do realize that the author does yuri right?? And she also draws these two in romantic situations, even getting married to each other. It is not that far of a stretch lmao.

Double-page supporter
i kinda relate to shino here, even after sometime, you dont really think they're dead, you still in the back of you mind think that one day you'll wake up and see them in front of you

If this is just yuri bait then let tachibana and shino be together.
Shit this chapter is so painful, My favorite person died couple of years ago and until now I still hope that he will show up and smile back at me

Dex-chan lover
I must heal myself of this ache. Do kindly share the sauce for the manga in the credit page 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread