Ano Hito no I ni wa Boku ga Tarinai - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - Arachnid

Dex-chan lover
@DrWhoCares What is it about the names that bothers you? Are you referring to Arachnid and Oofune-sama? I mean, everything about this series is cast in the realm of the bizarre and abominable, so the names you've given everyone who isn't a human seem okay to me.

Group Leader
@Markgraf The only message from me on that that credits page is the line that says TL note. The rest is Jaeg.
Since we're caught up, we have no idea how Kogite's name will be used in the future.
Had I known he was going to have a name like that, I could've called "Oofune-sama" (which is literally just "big boat-sama") "The Vessel".

Then you would have:
The Travelers who follow The Vessel as it guides them on their pilgrimage. And the tallest guy is called "The Oarsman".
But you would lose out on the connection between Oofune and Funatsugi. They use the exact same kanji, which both mean "boat", but use a slightly different reading of it. "Funa" being the less common one, in my experience. Meaning "Oofune" is likely read as "fune" on purpose to highlight the fact that she can be considered a "ship" that guides The Travelers.

Also keep in mind that "Vagrants" is "watari" written entirely in katakana, no kanji. However, it's likely based off of 渡り, which can mean something like "wandering/wanderer" which is where the "Vagrant" name comes from. We've learned a lot recently about the names chosen here. The "nests" seem to simply intersect with the corporeal realm by drifting, sorta. Vagrants typically aren't seen with much of a goal, mostly just wandering (but we've also seen conclaves of them, such as the Izumo Vagrants, and the shopkeeper, so that's not as convincing). And now we get these "Travelers" who were aimlessly wandering, until they found "god" in the form of Oofune-sama. Yet still they do not guide the ship. It guides them. So they are still The Travelers, but now their wandering has more purpose, in that they follow Oofune-sama.

I can presume that The Oarsman's role is to ensure that The Vessel can continue to travel, rather than being "The Helmsman" (not a real character as far as we know) who's job would be to steer The Vessel.

Also, the name for Arachnid is literally just Arachnid. No flair done there.

Dex-chan lover
@Jaegrqualm @DrWhoCares Thanks to you both for the explanation, especially the extended details. I did understand that Oofune meant big boat (though I completely missed the connection to Funatsugi - duh, me). Like I said before, all the names work for me in grounding these Vagrants in this fictional world.

Thanks for your work on this great series - looking forward to what happens next.

Dex-chan lover
@DrWhoCares That was a really cool explanation, Japanese is a tricky language it can say so much with so little.

Wait, this is getting a official release... will you guys continue this? Please say yes.

Group Leader
@alacaelum Depends.

Personally, I have a hell of a lot of respect for the series. I scanlate it because of that respect, as contradictory as that is.
I'm here to ensure quality as best I can. If the officials end up being fucking awful, I will still buy them, but I will be extremely disappointed, and probably continue.
Also, the first volume releases in English November 3rd.
But we're now wrapping up volume 6 this month (we're currently completely caught up).

It is my hope that the officials are both high quality, and release at a fast pace, so that people are actually inclined to buy them. I already buy all of the Japanese volumes for myself and they're extremely nice. Especially all the little drawings in-between chapters. The blue color on the latest one is amazing as well. There may come a time when I stop scanlating this, but regardless, unless special circumstances arise, I'd at least finish the volume I was working on.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's fair to say that "nothing" happened, as I think this is necessary setup. Breather chapter.

Omg this shit is sòoooooo fucking slow
🐌 🦥 🐌 🦥 🐌 🦥 🐌 🦥 🐌 🦥 horror has seemed to go away too

Dex-chan lover
@DrWhoCares
that info on the names is very interesting and much appreciated

overall 10/10 job done on this series for the whole group

Users who are viewing this thread