Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo

Double-page supporter
this is a perfect Yuri story. it's the pinnacle of what all Yuri manga should be like. great character writing, with swift pacing that usually resolves the couples' stories in 3 or 4 chapters. and then actually shows them dating too afterwards in other couples' stories. just, hell yes

only thing that does left me lukewarm was that the main couple's story is the only one where the arcs are stretched out so far from one another while still being not as self-contained as the other couples. it sort of feels like their story is crammed into the final 5 chapters. but perhaps it's easier to follow on a second reading, I'll have to look forward to that

Overall, Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo was a pleasant story to read and I would highly recommend it for avid yuri fans such as myself. But while reading the manga, I found myself lost between the characters names and the timeline. If you’re new to this manga, I would recommend paying attention to the shorts at the end of each chapter as they introduce future characters and paying attention to the grade level of the characters. Also, there isn’t just one main couple there’s multiple twisted into one timeline, just like an anthology which some of you may not like especially for such a long yuri manga. So, if it’s hard to keep track of the characters or you’re not really into the anthology type, I wouldn’t highly recommend it but you should give the first 2 volumes a try before even reading it.

all you need to read are the mizuki/moe chapters tbh, they’re definitely the strongest ones here(chapters 3, 4, 16, 17, 20 i think, might be more).

this was one of my first yuri manga i’ve ever read, and now that i look back on it, the couples were pretty memorable, considering it’s been two years since i’ve touched this manga, i remember most of them and their dynamics/hooks. or that might just be cause im clouded with nostalgia lol. i really didn’t give a shit about main couple, it was pretty boring following them when there were better couples in the same volume. respect to this manga for trying out a different format though, maybe if the center couple was more interesting and some of the side couples were a bit stronger or just less of them so there was more screen time for the better sides(moezuki, idiot/eyebrows and maybe photographer/model), this could have turned out really great? or maybe if the manga was shorter overall? even i doubt that statement. biggest flaw was that there were way too many characters introduced so quickly that its hard to emphasize with them and a downgrade in character writing for the new ones in the later chapters. i don’t exactly hate this manga, ig it gets the job done. read it if you want, just know that the best is in the beginning.

Fed-Kun's army
This doesn't make me happy. Half of the main couple is just miserable all the time and I can't distinguish between the characters or their personalities.

Dropped partly into volume 2.

Dex-chan lover
The last 10 or so chapters focused on main couple ruined this manga for me. One final chapter was good, but before... Shiramine's idiotic struggle is unbelievable forced, unnatural and stretched. I hardly saw such shit even in bad romcoms. She is beyond dense. Like really, most of harem romcoms MCs are way smarter than her. It's just irritating.
Main couple was bad from the beginning: the genius, more like superhuman who can do everything better than anyone even with zero previous experience and cookie-cutter caricature dense tsundere, who literally saying: "it's not like I like you or anything" after passionate kissing. They'd be more suitable for goofy gag-comedy than romance. Awful characters especially in comparison with other couples: some of them pretty mediocre but few are actually good, and all of them are much better than Shiramine\Kurosawa. The idea behind main couple's conflict is not that bad, but it has nowhere near enough potential to stretch it over 10 volumes thus this dumb forced drama and retarded Shiramine behavior and thoughts.
So, remove the main couple and you're good to go.

honestly, this will forever stick to my mind as one of my top five romance manga. ik there's definitely some flaws, but i rlly do rec giving it a shot at least !! if you're not into manga where the focus is spread over a lot of couples, then ig you can skip this, but if you don't mind the bigger than usual cast of characters then you'll in for a treat. i actually like shiramine and kurosawa's dynamic, albeit not the most (mizuki/moe were pretty much my faves, moe bby ily), and while it has been a while since i read it, most of the relationships are really nice and sweet to read about. the angsty parts hurt me sm, but i'm always a sucker for some good ol' angst, and it's done pretty well here. and the fluff,,,,, when you get to those parts, it just hits you in the heart so satisfyingly !! if you're also looking for some polyamorous rep, it's pretty much implied here(?). like, it's basically canon, just they don't technically say the three of them are gfs, but from the drawings and dialogue, you can def tell they are. does that make sense? probs not. n e ways, i don't rmbr the exact number of relationships here, but there's a whole bunch of diff dynamics here that you're sure to find a trope that you're a sucker for here. i mean, i never quite understood the relationship between the two sisters? cousins? aunt and niece? again, been a while since i read, i did feel uncomfy with them (they're the only relationship here i'm not completely on board with actually) because they're both family and this is a romance-focused manga, and like if their ambiguity is meant in THAT way, then that's a nope from me. i rlly hope it's just a rlly close familial relationship, would've tied in wonderfully with the 'different types of love' thing the manga has going on. soooo uhh, tdlr: if you've been looking for a lesbian manga where it's not just a main couple and maybe a side couple or two and all of them have their own actual developments, with a whole bunch of diff tropes from slow burn to childhood friends to lovers, then consider checking out a kiss and white lily for her !! :D

Dex-chan lover
Who got rid of the yuri tag? I was so confused when I couldn’t find it when I sorted by rating

Power Uploader
Are the extras 13.1, 13.2 and 16.2 are untranslated? I see the Italian release but i didn't remember seeing them in English

Dex-chan lover
There's ok parts but overall it's pretty boring with no ecchi and not titillating at all. Not sure why Seinen is listed as the demographic. Does not really take advantage of the visual manga medium.

it feels really long, has some really good side stories, the main romance is really slow

Users who are viewing this thread