Ao Ashi - Ch. 338 - Flights to Qatar

Dex-chan lover
my hype is seriously off the charts - only odd thing is to say Edwin is a fantasista which is like a playmaker ... but he is from Brazil and speaks Portuguese and fantasista seems more Spanish idk

my hype is seriously off the charts - only odd thing is to say Edwin is a fantasista which is like a playmaker ... but he is from Brazil and speaks Portuguese and fantasista seems more Spanish idk
Yeah, as someone from Brazil that translation was strange as fuck, never even heard of that word before, I actually thought it was a common case of Japanese not knowing Portuguese enough, but no, it was an actual word. It means someone that gets carried away by their imagination.

I think the author was going for something like Ronaldinho nickname that is "O Bruxo" (Warlock) but missed the landing, something like Mágico (Magician) or Feiticeiro (Sorcerer) would make more sense as a Brazilian native.

Fantasista is in fact an Italian term. They were the ones that made it popular to call the number 10 aka playmaker aka the most creative guy on the pitch, fantasista. Due to the nature of italian futebol, Catenaccio, this type of player became very relevant and they named Fantasista

Double-page supporter
Finally, after a long time we will see them play football again... But I'm not sure they can beat a strong European teams.

Users who are viewing this thread