Ao Ashi - Ch. 344 - Proof of His Path

wonder if Aoi at FB is a long-term thing or he’ll eventually transition into more of a 10 role. if not, I can only assume Aoi is somewhat inspired by RBs like Trent Alexander-Arnold who can do so much creatively in that position.

above all, I really admire that the author is genuinely trying to display all the intricacies of the world of professional football. very rare for an author to go so deep. this manga will be timeless.

Dex-chan lover
wonder if Aoi at FB is a long-term thing or he’ll eventually transition into more of a 10 role. if not, I can only assume Aoi is somewhat inspired by RBs like Trent Alexander-Arnold who can do so much creatively in that position.

above all, I really admire that the author is genuinely trying to display all the intricacies of the world of professional football. very rare for an author to go so deep. this manga will be timeless.
This is what I've thought for a long time, but considering how he played in the last match I'm assuming the final goal for Aoi is to adopt that TAA role and still be a fullback, but one that drifts into the center often. Also, Aoi's long balls have been kind of underrated the whole series and no one ever talks about it.

Dex-chan lover
A spaniard called Sefina and a qatari(muslim(?)) called Adolf just fell on my knees just now

Dex-chan lover
Also Kuri casually betting his whole life purpose over a friendly game of footy is... not cringe somehow

Dex-chan lover
A spaniard called Sefina and a qatari(muslim(?)) called Adolf just fell on my knees just now
I'll concede the point in general but knowing that my national team (Western) has a natively-born Aziz I don't mind so much.

We'll keep going back to the explanation in chapter 274. He'll stay at fullback but one who is free to dictate from the back with his instructions / passing.

Using the example of Trent, He's got such amazing vision and passing that some fans want him to be played at CM, but he doesn't really have the ball control / dribbling / press resistance to be a world-class CM. It's more optimal to use him as a passer from the back.
Another example, Zinchenko has amazing ball control and dribbling but City/Arsenal still mostly use him at FB, because it is valuable for the team to have a great technician in the build-up.

Aoi won't magically develop world-class touch and ball control / dribbling at this point, except the author decides to (which would suck). So his path is to get better and better at this dictating FB thing.

Dex-chan lover
We'll keep going back to the explanation in chapter 274. He'll stay at fullback but one who is free to dictate from the back with his instructions / passing.

Using the example of Trent, He's got such amazing vision and passing that some fans want him to be played at CM, but he doesn't really have the ball control / dribbling / press resistance to be a world-class CM. It's more optimal to use him as a passer from the back.
Another example, Zinchenko has amazing ball control and dribbling but City/Arsenal still mostly use him at FB, because it is valuable for the team to have a great technician in the build-up.

Aoi won't magically develop world-class touch and ball control / dribbling at this point, except the author decides to (which would suck). So his path is to get better and better at this dictating FB thing.
Reminds of Giant Killing wherein one of the opposition teams has their best player as a CB (Nagoya Grand Palace and Carlos) and he's a lynchpin of both their offence an defence. (I hope I didn't butcher the terms)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread