Ao Ashi - Vol. 17 Ch. 172 - The Black Flame is Put Out in Prague

As much as a asshole Akutsu is , his talent and drive are undeniable. Excited to see where things go with Aoi and his relationship, its been foreshadowed them being a tandem that brings Esperion to the next level.

Thanks for the chapter!! I'm looking forward to the games after the national team members get back to japan.

just finished marathoning this in 2 days and now i caught up. what a great manga this turned out to be! probably my favourite football manga

what's that even mean? he won't be hesitating now? what was the hesitating he was doing before...

Dex-chan lover
@Kieranken01 well as the name of the group that is working in this series (Be Blues is a good manga)
I also recommend Area no Kishi, Days and my personal favorite Giant Killing (that one shows all about professional football, the supporters, the City and the managers, plus great matches too)

there's also 1/11 but that's more drama and feels than football. (is a good manga though)

@Knighto thanks for the recs. For some reason, I have not been able to dive into Be Blues beyond the first 10 chapters even though it looks good. I'll try the others one until I come around to Be Blues.

I don't know if I'm the only one here but I rather have Akutsu be a rockheaded ambitious asshole all the way and not have this sissy ass moment like being affected by Ashito to kinda explain Akutsu's strength, since we already know Akutsu's good and trusted anyway. His presentation in this national team is a little out of character to me.

Compared to Ashito who actually dared stepping up right away with all the training, Akutsu was torn for so long without doing anything, and his problem is resolved through talking? Cmon man.

Imagine if Akutsu pushed his way through like Ashito did, challanging the coaches on the field and all that, his character would be a loooot more respectable as a rival and be totally in character too. And yes, he can do that while seething too as he did with all those gains.

I know it's all about knowing Akutsu better, and it worked well too in the end. It's just something about this particular story bit rub me the wrong way. Sorry for the rant btw.

Users who are viewing this thread