The Eternal "log-in time out session" and recent fresh "reload entire chapter" page bugs can you please just STOP [Fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I am not sure how to measure it or just believe in (santa claus) clean the cache can solve everything but this is really exasperating, weird and awkward Bugs

-When just by let open by some time any page in MangaDex force you to an quasi state of log out that ruin every navigation or user friendly experience in the web site is something I would like someone can fix it. Like for example when you visit "Recently Added" mangas, or search some genre, then distract some time eating dinner, checking your social media, etc... and return to MangaDex your user icon suddenly disappear without explanation (and hardly to notice), you resume your previous activity in the site and try to add a reading status to a X manga you found, rate that manga or try to see the "Update" list of your mangas and you discover the trolling mess up
-Other is something I note recently this day similar to the last one if you take your time to read a chapter the trolling counter time of nobody knows what benefits exist, just force you and restart the entire site loading the entire chapter ruining your lecture (on the level of you prefer search an aggregator site to just don't put the Hate on MangaDex and relax in this mess)​

Those thing has something in common they measure the time your are active in this site and when your not reading or doing something they start to mess up the experience, can you just stop this Timing Events, there is no coherent or logical reason to "log out" or "reload an entire chapter" just because you are not connected or active entirely in MangaDex

Contributor
your user icon suddenly disappear without explanation (and hardly to notice)
Yes it's very frustationg. It won't mark the chapters as read...

But in my case, just pressing f5 reconnect me.

Dex-chan lover
i've experienced both.

the page sometimes reloads itself even when i'm actively scrolling down (longstrip) and went back to the 1st image (i was halfway through the chapter)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
i've experienced both.

the page sometimes reloads itself even when i'm actively scrolling down (longstrip) and went back to the 1st image (i was halfway through the chapter)
Oh yeah true, since the new site update!
Are either of you using addons like Privacy Badger?

Quoting a user in our Discord:

Anyone else having random page refreshes every now and then today, I thought it may be my browser at first, but it was only happening on mangadex and not any other sites. Its often like 10-30 seconds after I load a chapter, page goes white and reloads itself.
oh nvm I figured out the culprit, privacy badger started flagging the cookes used to mark chapters as read as well as blocking the site from checking them

Dex-chan lover
Are either of you using addons like Privacy Badger?

Quoting a user in our Discord:
The refreshes are happening to me and I don't use that extension. I do use uBlock Origin, but I have it disabled on Mangadex due to there being no ads, so it's not the problem either.

I haven't had problems with chapters being marked read or getting pseudo-logged out, just the refreshes. And they're maddening, with no apparent pattern. I've had it refresh on me even though I started reading the chapter as soon as it loaded (and I don't read slowly), not just when the tab's sat for a while.

Dex-chan lover
The refresh bug (feature?) happens to me, and I'm just using desktop FF with only DuckDuckGo. Which is kinda funny since the refresh doesn't happen on mobile with the DDG browser :thonk:

I browse exclusively in incognito mode, if that makes a difference.

Dex-chan lover
I have long strip viewing but this happens to my brother who uses double page.

Pretty much if the reader is open for a while it will refresh the whole thing. This causes a problem in long strip because it doesn't return to where it was. So I have to scroll back down and find my location.

Edit: Well my post got moved from bug report to her, so hey everyone, yeah I'm having the refresh problem as well.

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
https://github.com/unjs/nitro/issues/1850

It looks like it's caused by an issue with one of the libraries we're using, so we're applying a patch to fix it.

EDIT: Workaround is currently being tested on our dev site.

EDIT 2: Fix is live on the main site, please let us know if you're still having issues.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
BTW I discover in firefox this function (last part of the page) of forget everything in one simple site (except password) to clean the cache
2022-05-17-16-49-43-53f0c1.png

https://github.com/unjs/nitro/issues/1850

It looks like it's caused by an issue with one of the libraries we're using, so we're applying a patch to fix it.

EDIT: Workaround is currently being tested on our dev site.

EDIT 2: Fix is live on the main site, please let us know if you're still having issues.
It feel like they stop bugging for the moment, thanks :wooow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread