Ao Ashi - Vol. 18 Ch. 183 - The Attacking Shape After Five Years

Thanks for the chapter!! Danm that cliffhanger... Is getting hot here!

Thanks for the chapter

Please could anyone explain what just happened I don't understand the playing style they executed

@ashita-kyo esperion lost the ball while attacking, but started a counterpress and managed to win the ball back fairly deep in opposition half. after that esperion started committing by sending several player to attack by making runs to pull the defenders out of position as well as creating confusion. the opposition defenders was also very wary of kuribayashi which helped create space. you can see that at p.18 where the defenders seem to focus on kuribayashi and noticing the diagonal run from left to right too late.

its fairly similar to the way teams like man city and liverpool plays

You know.. I don't know why but I kinda feel scared about what is going to happen now with Esperion... Especially with Tripone...

Dex-chan lover
im happy that there are manga readers that watch football.

cant find much of those in my circle 😂

i see why the writer didnt let the Esperion guys see makimura while in czech, must be keeping the story involving him for later on

@ashita-kyo well the style of play in question here I believe is a variation of tiki taka, a more direct version of it. The main thing here to notice is the pressing and space manipulation in zones. The pressing shown in this chapter is really just random, the other defender got the ball back and he just stood there for Takasugi to win the ball back without any actual pressure, this is what I consider a fluke. But the attacking part is where it actually represents tiki taka, quick and short passing plays that depends on the fluidity and creativity of players. @DonWhey already explained it fairly well but one thing to note that it's not because of the diagonal run by Takasugi with Kuribayashi that really defined this play, it's the first touch pass from the first year forward that really connects and make it a full-fledge goal scoring opportunity. And also @DonWhey 's choice of teams of comparison is fine because both of those teams play a high pressing style of play. But Liverpool's gegenpress is pressing between passing lanes using shadow spots and Man City's tiki taka is not this direct at attacking. I highly recommend checking out Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United this and last season as a more true representation of Tokyo Esperion football, high pressing slightly direct tiki taka. And no @Adhinath01 , English premier league doesn't really play like this.

Users who are viewing this thread